Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A real shame they postponed it so early, about now would've been better.

Could've waited till just before kick off. Right as they set off all their pyro.

The last time i saw this much greeting wailing and statements from rangers fans was that time they didn't go bust 🤣🤣 imagine a club who only got admitted into the leagues due to the authorities breaking their own rules accuse a club of breaking the rules due to it pissin down 🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Aye. Very true. I should modify my post to say…..

”What’s the odds on Aberdeen appointing their NEXT manager before this Dundee vs Rangers game actually starts?”

No odds available, because we won't have. 

1 minute ago, Meeniedee said:

The last time i saw this much greeting wailing and statements from rangers fans was that time they didn't go bust 🤣🤣 imagine a club who only got admitted into the leagues due to the authorities breaking their own rules accuse a club of breaking the rules due to it pissin down 🤣🤣

Dundee supporters piping up , my god , blow torch and brass neck comes to mind

Edited by Arab_R_us

2 minutes ago, shuggz said:

Just an idea, could Sevco not agree to a revamp of the prize money so clubs further down could spend it on improving the  pitch. Yes, I know I'm being silly.

Would be a great idea for a central pot of money that all clubs can get loans from to help with pitches etc. listen to Peterborough chairman on his podcast and he raised this idea for EFL also

Enjoying the Rangers' tears. However I recall the pitch at Dens was in a terrible state last season so this is clearly not a new issue. Why did Dundee not attempt to fix the underlying problem in the summer break?

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are all the stewards employed for Dens tonight familiar with Tannadice? How would the segregation work given the Shed doesn't hold as many as the away end in Dens? As funny as it would be, how would it be decided what Sevco fans who had tickets are not getting in?

Are the catering staff employed for Dens aware of how everything works at Tannadice and where to go etc? Will they be expected to transport all the food and drinks over to Tannadice? See the same for hospitality.

How will fans' tickets work? Their ticket for Dens won't work on the scanners at Tannadice. Will the Dens tickets/turnstile staff be expected to manually check and record thousands of tickets by hand?

The police set up for a game at Dens. Do they need to draft in more officers? Send some home?

Will Dundee United be cool with their ground being used anyway? Would they expect payment? Would Dundee pay them? Would they trust Dundee fans to not make a mess of their ground?

Tannadice has hosted football games before and they could make it work. It would have required Dundee to do a tiny bit of advance planning, but this should have been a very straightforward solution.

If there are paper tickets, then there is no difference, and since Tannadice is a bigger stadium there would be no issue with space. If Dundee have to pay some extra people to do this, then so be it. If there are digital tickets, then one of the advantages of such a system should be that it is easy enough to assign a new QR code or barcode to each attendee which would work in the system at Tannadice.

Transporting food and drinks would be fine given the distance. The police would have to waddle a few hundred metres down the street, I'm sure they'd cope. If hospitality was such an enormous issue they could literally host it at Dens and then just walk down the street for the game.

Dundee United would obviously be paid for hiring out their ground, but these sort of arrangements are hardly unique. If Dundee fans "made a mess" of their ground then Dundee would be paying to fix it.

3 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Dundee supporters piping up , my god , blow torch and brass neck comes to mind

Piping up🤣 it's a Dundee thread ..and as far as I'm aware we didn't go bust and get the authorities to break the rules to allow us to play in division 3 

8 minutes ago, shuggz said:

Just an idea, could Sevco not agree to a revamp of the prize money so clubs further down could spend it on improving the  pitch. Yes, I know I'm being silly.

Dundee would still spend it on their squad as they have done this season.

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

OMG this club has no shame hahahah

dun2.jpg

Good news that all those Rangers buses from Belfast didnt travel then, spewing out all those dirty gases........

I’d not normally tune the wireless to Clyde 1 at 6pm on a weekday but I think the seethe will be off the charts in 10mins.

Any chance we could get someone from P&B to phone in and give some false information perhaps about Dundee having the pitch sprinklers on all night as due to the recent cash flow issues they could not afford to switch on the floodlights for the live TV broadcast.

Floodlights….. 😂 

IMG_8964.thumb.jpeg.275792cd007ee8112718d5ad5707b7a5.jpeg

If we were to nominate one poster to go on and wind them up about this who would you chose?

On this occasion I’d like either @johnnydun or @Girth

56 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Funny as f**k if Dundee sue Rangers for libel, win, and use the cash to put in a new drainage system

I think it'd be funnier if we just spent it on more players again.