Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There is absolutely no difference between having players on loan and having them on a 1-year permanent deal. 

Apart from the fact that if they’re on loan from a club in the same division they then can’t play in every game for you. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

He knows the players better than we do. He's got a few minutes to decide what to say and has decided that he reckons the players need to hear a bit of positivity.

I don't think at this stage it really matters to him how it comes across to the fans. There's hardly any of the season left and what he needs is his players to loosen up a bit.

I don't think the players are going to suddenly be walking on air after what he said, but it's more about avoiding the the inevitable fuss if he criticises them. That just piles pressure on. It' damage control. Of course they know it's a bad night. They don't need their manager out there telling everyone how bad.

As for talking about how he's going to fix it, I don't really see what that could mean practically. He's not going to give us an in-depth tactical analysis, and anything he does say he's going to change will be interpreted in the media as criticism of certain players.

Basically, it's a post-match interview and nobody should give a f**k what he said.

I think this is what he wanted to do - I think his execution of it is absolutely laughable.

The correct way to do this would be to say he was pleased with what he saw from his team, however thanks to a hardworking and excellent professional performance from the opposition, who are more used to the poor ground conditions (yes he can still get the pitch excuse in - laughable but credible to the gallery after the media furore) and just lacking a bit of luck in the box he feels there were real signs of improvement overall and on another day they get the win. This would have been a gracious response and taken pressure off his players imo.

In reality it was an improved performance - Dundee are much better than county all over the park - just look at the league positions (Dhanda excluded), but County ran them into the ground on Sunday and embarrassed them. This was a far better performance from Sevco - but still nowhere near good enough for a team in a title race. 

His spin however seems to be pitch was shite, opposition were shite, we were very good, completely dominated but couldn’t win. This does not stand up to any scrutiny to anyone who watched the game and will only draw ridicule, more questions and heap more pressure on him. I’d argue Dundee were the only team looking likely to snatch a win. 

As ham fisted an attempt at PR as I have seen - I have absolutely no doubt he went right through them in the changing room - he looked fucking livid at full time and rightly so.  

Edited by Der Panzer
Sunday - also think I’ve quoted wrong post but you get the idea!

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There is absolutely no difference between having players on loan and having them on a 1-year permanent deal.

There's loads of difference.  If signed you have the option to sell them in January if they are razzling and someone wants them. 

If loaned you cannot play them against there parent club and you might be obliged to give them game time.  At the end of the loan you are at the mercy of the parent club where they go, you cant offer them a contract.  We had Harry Clarke on loan from Arsenal and he was loaned to Hibs for whatever reason, totally out with the clubs control, if he had been a signing we would have had the option to offer him a competitive contract.

58 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I honestly don’t think there are many posters on P&B that would wake up the morning after Rangers dropping points in the title race and think “I want to discuss the manner in which Dundee fans celebrated.”

Each to their own though.  

That was a bit weird from Dindy even going by his usual fishing standards.

If it was Killie, then he would have been celebrating. 

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Yeah, you are not getting high six figures for a player that age. If he was 21 and turning in the performances he has been he would be attracting top Championship clubs in England and maybe even a few top flight teams abroad, but I don't see them paying that for a guy who will be 27 before the end of the year.

Dundee got £500,000 for Greg Stewart when he was 26 back in 2016. If you're talking about a figure close to a million for McCowan, then no, we probably won't be getting that but given he's under contract and wants to sign a new one with us then we should command a similar sort of fee as Stewart.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

He knows the players better than we do. He's got a few minutes to decide what to say and has decided that he reckons the players need to hear a bit of positivity.

I don't think at this stage it really matters to him how it comes across to the fans. There's hardly any of the season left and what he needs is his players to loosen up a bit.

I don't think the players are going to suddenly be walking on air after what he said, but it's more about avoiding the the inevitable fuss if he criticises them. That just piles pressure on. It' damage control. Of course they know it's a bad night. They don't need their manager out there telling everyone how bad.

As for talking about how he's going to fix it, I don't really see what that could mean practically. He's not going to give us an in-depth tactical analysis, and anything he does say he's going to change will be interpreted in the media as criticism of certain players.

Basically, it's a post-match interview and nobody should give a f**k what he said.

The premise of this is fine - but it has to come with balance. 

His lack of credit for the performance of Dundee and to basically suggest that we just clogged Rangers out of scoring was completely laughable. He described us as being lucky ffs. 

There's a balance to be struck between keeping the morale of your squad high when the tough gets going but you can't do that at the cost of delusion.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

That was a bit weird from Dindy even going by his usual fishing standards.

If it was Killie, then he would have been celebrating. 

Ex Rainjurz fan isn't he!?

Probably still hurting. 

Thank you. 

27 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I am thoroughly enjoying my morning  read of Rangers Media this morning. 

image.thumb.png.cba0083c2a55df7c73e19a595bb17f2c.png

What sort of mind do you have to have, to think that one out? That person needs watching.

50 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Dundee got £500,000 for Greg Stewart when he was 26 back in 2016. If you're talking about a figure close to a million for McCowan, then no, we probably won't be getting that but given he's under contract and wants to sign a new one with us then we should command a similar sort of fee as Stewart.

Stewart, as both of our clubs know, was an absolute standout player miles ahead of where McCowan is now. I don't think McCowan would go for that sort of money, though I might be wrong because you just need to catch the right club at the right time.

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Stewart, as both of our clubs know, was an absolute standout player miles ahead of where McCowan is now. I don't think McCowan would go for that sort of money, though I might be wrong because you just need to catch the right club at the right time.

Would you accept less than £500k for Armstrong? 

Has to be said, I wouldn't have been devastated if we'd released McCowan last season - he had about 1 good game in 6 previously. Since he's been converted to a central role instead of a winger, he's been sublime. 

I don't think we'd get 500k for him tbh and can easily see him extending his deal with us.

There was no "mind games" from Clement, his empty bald head was just filled with rage and he had a bitter rant because he's a shite loser.