United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Right. I've cleared out the last page and a half of petty point scoring and worse. Please stick to discussing the match. 

I’d start with Rudden and bring on Jack Hamilton later on.

5 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Because the shit housing we’ve done is a bit of winding up on social media.
I expect when Barrowman stated we need to be willing to take it back he meant winding us up on social media also (like Livi did after they knocked us out the cup).

Locking out fans who want to see the game while not releasing a transparent reason for it doesn’t feel like appropriate tit-for-tat for a video of a slide tackle.  

EsBWegSW8AE7Rfn.thumb.jpg.f173fe0dfadd1e13536eee7842f5ca32.jpg

Just now, mrpaddyx said:

I’d start with Rudden and bring on Jack Hamilton later on.

Jack Hamilton coming off the bench then sliding in at the back post to score a late winner would be absolutely glorious.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

More so if they're a Utd fan.  

The proverbial own goal if you will. 

I doubt he is, given several previous posts he made.

To the game: if I was anybody but a United fan, I'd be wanting Rovers to win this, in the same way I rooted for QP, Arbroath and dare I say it, Dundee, over the last 3 seasons.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

2 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

Would we be happy with a draw or are we chasing the three points?

Playing for a draw is a dangerous game.  We have to believe we're capable of winning and go for it.

That said, I do think we'll stay tight to protect the defence like we've been doing the last few weeks and try to hit on the counter.  

If it ends up in a draw anyway I'd be happy enough with a point to keep it in our own hands.  As much as I can't see United failing to drop more points over the rest of the season I wouldn't want to be relying on it.

13 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

Would we be happy with a draw or are we chasing the three points?

Ideally we want a win, but avoiding defeat would do.

A draw is a great result I think. Puts us in control of our destiny. That said, I’ll take a Rovers win.

Edited by Enigma

In 2024, United’s home results have gone like this:

United 2 v 3 Morton

United 0 v 0 Pars

United 3 v 1 Queens Park

United 0 v 2 Airdrie

United 4 v 0 Arbroath

United 1 v 1 Inverness

LDWLWD

Rovers away form in 2024 is better but it isn’t perfect either:

Pars 1 v Rovers 2

Airdrie 1 v 0 Rovers 

Ayr 1 v 2 Rovers

Arbroath 3 v 2 Rovers

Partick 0 v Rovers 1

Queens Park 0 v 0 Rovers

WLWLWD

On 21/03/2024 at 13:42, Dee Man said:

I doubt it will be common sense that will prevail but hopefully an appeal to the SPFL by Raith Rovers who get the dabs telt to release more tickets, similar to what happened in our decider vs QP when they tried it on. Utd are clearly bricking it.

I don't think it was that many more. 

a84e8d2a-3e53-4bad-aecb-0e4370900d70.thumb.jpg.682ca3ea9856bdb2f621b78fa25d2f4f.jpg

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

"it's up to them if they want to make public that excuse" - is basically the operational narrative that Luigi eventually came out with. Barrowman made his comments before Luigi came out with his. I don't think Barrowman/Rovers have been told anything other than what Luigi has said publically. If anything Barrowmans comments has probably pushed Luigi to come out and tell everyone the reason as by that point Utd weren't exactly being forthcoming with why the allocation had been reduced.

Not true. Raith were told the reasons, as Barrowman has confirmed in his own words. He just doesn't think, publicly at least, they are justifiable.

Up until Barrowman's comments the only folk that didn't know the full reasons were the fans of both clubs. He is fully aware, he just chooses not to say. Keeping quiet allows.the shithousery to continue.

7 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Because the shit housing we’ve done is a bit of winding up on social media.
I expect when Barrowman stated we need to be willing to take it back he meant winding us up on social media also (like Livi did after they knocked us out the cup).

Locking out fans who want to see the game while not releasing a transparent reason for it doesn’t feel like appropriate tit-for-tat for a video of a slide tackle.  

Your club can release the reason, they have been told fully. Why are they not?

27 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

So looks to be about 10,000 Arabs going to this. GF and ET sold out and JK will be by tomorrow.

Let’s get behind the boys in Tangerine!

Did they sell out those troublesome first 6 rows?

21 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Your club can release the reason, they have been told fully. Why are they not?

Do we have to go through this AGAIN?

I'm paraphrasing the statement from Barrowman a bit (which came out before your Chairman spouted his corporate bullshit bingo to the press), but it essentially said "United have given us a bullshit excuse, they can spout that if they want to".

Why should the onus be on Raith to tell everyone Dundee United's reasoning?