United 🟠 v Rovers πŸ”΅ - the final top of the table clash

36 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

We would normally offer Frew's to away fans, but for operational reasons, you lot can only use two thirds of Trades.

HTH

And only two taps at the far end.

4 hours ago, AllanJM said:

I'm so buzzing for this game I even resorted to listening to the Courier podcast for their preview.Β  It was actually a lot more balanced than I expected.Β  I'd only listened to it once before and turned off after about 10 minutes because both the the presenter and Jim Spence were doing my nut in.

This one was much better (I think it was a different presenter to be fair) and it's always good to get the perspective of the other side.

If that was better then I dread to think how bad the previous one was.Β 
Β 

Β 

Spence mumbled his way through a load of half sentences that he couldn’t be bothered to finish.
None of them could remember the score in the game at Tannadice without looking it up and they had an argument about who’s hands the title was in before settling on the fact that it’s in Raiths hands, not Uniteds, completely overlooking the fact that at the moment it is still in the hands of both teams as if either win all their games they’ll win the league.Β Β 
They also mentioned several times about Barrowman putting out cheeky tweets when we all know it’s the clubs Social media, not the personal account of a director.Β 
Β 

1/10, would not recommend.Β 

Anything but anything with Jim Spence's name to it should be avoided at all costs and should also come with a health warning. The man must have a first class degree in verbal diarrhoea!πŸ’©. Both spoken and written!πŸ’©πŸ’©

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

TWO turnstiles what the actual f**k.Β 
Β 

IMG_2972.jpeg

That’s what I thought. Didn’t Dundee United used to be one of Scotland’s biggest clubs? Changed days.Β 

We'll lose. Any combination of two factors from it being a big game with a big support, live on TV or at Tannadice guarantees it.Β 

It's been that way since 2014. Perhaps even earlier since the spine of Dods, Webster, Wilkie, Gomis, Flood (1st spell) etc moved on. Not the best footballers but would do everything they could to try and win a game.Β  We might have had better players since then but not the same mentality.Β 

Edited by Aladdin

If all fit I'd be tempted to go with:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Kev

Brown Murray Watson Dick

MullinΒ  Brown Matthews Easton

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Stanton

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Hamilton

Β 

But I reckon Murray will go with Vaughan + one of Rudden or Hamilton, and Matthews on the bench Unless S.Brown has to drop back to defence.

Β 

On 21/03/2024 at 15:49, spot on said:

I read Β somewhere that it looks like they have kept the 6 front rows full length free and not selling tickets for them hence the 600 shortfall of tickets.

Wonder how their long list of creditors feel seeing the club turn down money that they could be paying back to some of themπŸ€”

Why not ask them? Β Here’s the list:

Mark OgrenΒ 

Get a scran before you get in the ground - don’t give these rats another penny (the United board that is - majority of the fans have been decent re ticket gate).Β 

I have no reason for expecting a United win, and for them to f*ck it up again shouldn’t be a surprise. Β On the other hand, I said before the Pars game that I’d a bad feeling and I was proven right (even more right than I expected), but this morning I feel United are gonna win Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, RaithRyan said:

Get a scran before you get in the ground - don’t give these rats another penny (the United board that is - majority of the fans have been decent re ticket gate).Β 

Particularly don’t buy the coffee. Β To call it brown water would be a compliment. Β Absolutely foul.
Β 

I noticed that Dunfermline used the same recipe the other week, that recipe being boiling water and a third of a table spoon of the cheapest coffee available at the cash and carry.Β 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's game day!

Trip to Montrose for the youngest game then battling back against the hordes of Falkirk fans to get lunch then go to the game.

Β 

Let's do this.

Doubt you will have much bother with the Falkirk fans at lunch time, they don’t kick off until 5.30 πŸ™„

46 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I have no reason for expecting a United win, and for them to f*ck it up again shouldn’t be a surprise. Β On the other hand, I said before the Pars game that I’d a bad feeling and I was proven right (even more right than I expected), but this morning I feel United are gonna win Β 

Β 

You're rivalling our own @TxRover with such forensic, scientific analysis.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

We'll lose. Any combination of two factors from it being a big game with a big support, live on TV or at Tannadice guarantees it.

Willie Miller on open all mics would seal it but hopefully he is on Aberdeen duty.

39 minutes ago, spot on said:

Doubt you will have much bother with the Falkirk fans at lunch time, they don’t kick off until 5.30 πŸ™„

But they will need 3000 trains to take them up so should be arriving throughout the day.

57 minutes ago, spot on said:

Yes, but there's 5 million of them.Β