United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

26 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

What's everyone sliding into Sunday like?

It’s just a shame that Hamilton couldn’t get near your goalkeeper again. At least we’d have a wee video clip to cheer us up.

I wish we had spent some more of our boundless heaps of cash on some central defenders.

Football fans are hilarious. 
“I’ve seen the slow-motion video evidence which contradicts my memory of the incident but I’m going to ignore that in favour of my own recollection of seeing it once in real-time from 100 yards away”. 

And how you can say there should be a foul to United at the Moult booking is beyond me. 

No complaints with the result though, and maybe United did me a favour by making it impossible to get a ticket.

Baffling midfield team selection from Murray and Goodwin got the game plan spot on. 

United now heavy favourites to win the league if they play the rest of the season with that sort of desire and intensity. Important for us to pick ourselves up and get on a good run of form to take advantage of any slip ups by United, or at least go into the playoffs full of confidence. 

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

The only reason Murray got a boot in the face was because he pulled Moult over backwards.  It should’ve been a free kick to United, ridiculous decision by Walsh.  That was the general view around me in the ground at least, haven’t seen any replays. 

It's in the highlights and you're spot on, should have been a Dundee United freekick.

That's not a penalty, Moult has obviously flung himself down, but being a poor decision doesn't stop it also being stupid from Watson. There's no need to bring his arms up in the first place giving Moult the chance to dive, and you can see why the ref has bought it because Watson isn't even looking at the ball and is only focused on Moult. If he just defended the cross by going for the ball rather than trying to use his body to block Moult's run it wouldn't have gotten that far.

9 hours ago, adamntg said:

The only reason Murray got a boot in the face was because he pulled Moult over backwards.  It should’ve been a free kick to United, ridiculous decision by Walsh.  That was the general view around me in the ground at least, haven’t seen any replays. 

See the replays, you may change your mind, or you may not

Edited by spot on

League isn't done yet, not by a long shot. Utd keep dropping points all over the shop like a leaky milk carton. 

If the wee team win their game in hand it's only a point in it. 

11 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Enjoy lads and lasses. 
Great finish from Watt, some effort fae Ruddon, soft penalty but felt Raith were at it all game. 

Excellent highlights package that.

All yesterday proves is that the game is completely different if you get the first goal. This team aren't really capable of breaking down a team who get the first goal at Tannadice then sit in.

I've tried to see the unbiased point of view after watching the penalty incident over and over in the highlights, but for me that's just a penalty every day. As the ball comes in, Watson looks across at Moult and wraps both arms around him. It actually looks more like a penalty in slow motion replays than it does on first viewing, from this angle in particular. A soft one yes, but daft from Watson.

Going with what I’ve seen in other games this season Raith should’ve had a penalty for a shirt pull on Stanton early on and Moult should’ve had red card for the kick to the face/head.

But sometimes you don’t get decisions. Ruddens goal was probably offside in last game.Dick probably took throw in from wrong place in last game (not sure any throw in got taken from right place yesterday). 

To be honest I prefer football like that, rather than the shite that comes with VAR.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

I've tried to see the unbiased point of view after watching the penalty incident over and over in the highlights, but for me that's just a penalty every day. As the ball comes in, Watson looks across at Moult and wraps both arms around him. It actually looks more like a penalty in slow motion replays than it does on first viewing, from this angle in particular. A soft one yes, but daft from Watson.

Moult does what any decent striker should do and puts his body where if the defender makes contact he goes down

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Watson gives the ref a decision to make, which is needless. 

Pretty much my thoughts.

But in no way was it a game changing decision. If the referee doesn't give it, we lose 1-0 instead of 2-0.

It's a dive, but it's a dive Moult gets to make with a huge chance of success as soon as Watson puts his arms around his waist. 

There's nowhere near enough force or contact to send Moult to the ground, but all the referee sees is Watson's arms around him inside the box. Can't blame the referee for giving it, and Watson has to be smarter. 

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

As I said previously about it, I'd raging at a United defender doing that. Watson clearly has both arms round Moult by the book it is a penalty. The only criticism is the way Moult drops as having arms round you like that doesn't make you fall in that manner, but you see that week in week out, the fall though isn't what the penalty is for it is the 2 arms round Moult which was as clear as day at the match. A stupid, needless foul but one leading to a happy outcome for us.

54 minutes ago, North West said:

Rovers supporters throwing g glass bottle onto the pitch, absolutely moronic support.

Utd vindicated in reducing the away allocation. Should have been 0

Dundee United deserved to win the game, of that there is no doubt. If, however, they want to become a credible force in the SPL, they will have to get rid of these two pathetic cogie 'commentators on there TV service. I have watched most club TV's in Scotland, but have never encountered such child like partisan bias.

4 minutes ago, Dick Peters said:

Dundee United deserved to win the game, of that there is no doubt. If, however, they want to become a credible force in the SPL, they will have to get rid of these two pathetic cogie 'commentators on there TV service. I have watched most club TV's in Scotland, but have never encountered such child like partisan bias.

Oh fuk off. Every club channel is the same 

18 minutes ago, Dick Peters said:

And a time machine