United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

Enjoyed that today and a little bit of justice done after the smash and grab last time at Starks Park. Rovers really are a horrible outfit. Constantly pushing, pulling and throwing themselves to the ground. Horrible, cheating wee fannies. Yer man at left back was a particular stand out. Dick by name, etc.

A good day today for the good guys. 

Rovers' social media knob not quite so pithy tonight.

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Sorry?? You were undone by, especially in the first half, having United camped in your half.

If you want to talk about "cheating" Brown took about 5 yards minimum every throw (moved.forward 2.complete advertising hoardings on one), Connelly was too close by about 2 yards at every United corner towards the end. Your players were obviously under instruction to go down to rattle & frustrate United, thankfully today it didn't work.

We can then add in the constant, no attempts to play the ball, jumping into players (Vaughan on Thomson for example).

By all means support your team and complain at decisions that you may not agree with, but you will not go to ANY football match and see either team not use "dark arts" to try and get an advantage so try not to be too myopic.

I will agree that the referee was atrocious over officious, and seemed to take some truly bizarre decisions with drop balls etc. but just another incompetent from SFA.

Do you commentate for DUTV?

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

All I can say about the penalty is that I was too busy laughing at Moult’s claim to notice the ref pointing to the spot.

That said, Raith were mince and didn’t deserve anything.

Little said about the opening goal = was a cracker.

Gid goal fucked rovers up. United played the best av seen over the last 3 games 

37 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The main difference was the hunger and desire, United absolutely bullied us today. 

Can't agree with your first point here, but wholeheartedly agree with your second. 

I saw no lack of effort or endeavour, but we perpetually lost two key battles all afternoon, both of which were down to players being asked to play out of position. 

Scott Brown at centre half and Kyle Turner were given an absolutely torrid time by the movement and physicality of Moult and Watt. They were getting change from Brown when they competed in the backline, and change from Turner when they dropped off. 

Ian Murray has some mitigation in playing Brown in that he's done it in more than half of our games this season, but why he thought Turner was the best option in the base of the midfield completely baffles me. And it's particularly galling that the best way to solve both of those problems only involves making one change.

If Keith Watson starts that game alongside Euan Murray, and Scott Brown plays in midfield, that's a totally different game. We might still loss it, who knows, but the two key weaknesses that United exploited today disappear. 

The overriding emotion for me after that is disappointment. It's football, and United are a good side, so a defeat was always a distinct possibility, but the Rovers were hamstrung from the outset by the line-up and never recovered. 

Not seen what anyone else has commented yet... 

Better team won today. Utds game management was spot on from start to finish. Good goal for the first and whoever it was that chucked the bottle at Watt can get themselves to f**k, absolute w**k stain. Rudden unlucky off the bar and we where unlucky early on but beyond that didn't look like scoring at all. Wasn't a dirty game so f**k knows where the 12 yellows came from. f**k knows how that was a pen. From where I was sitting it just wasn't. Looking forward to seeing that again. It killed the game off but realistically we just didn't look like scoring at all. 

Thought our tactics and team selection where wrong today and it proved to be. 

League wasn't won today but if utd had played like that all season it wouldn't be as close at it is still. 

Enjoy your night Dab's. 

11 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Oh my God, have the Police been informed? 

Reading comprehension not too strong? Or did you just read as far as the first thing that named a Raith player? Your as bad as the folk that rage and form opinions from a headline without reading the article.

Both teams were at the "dark arts", but the original post was completely myopic, and was just mentioning a few things as balance, and claiming that's why Rovers lost which is plainly complete and other, one -eyed bollox.

38 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Can't agree with your first point here, but wholeheartedly agree with your second. 

I saw no lack of effort or endeavour, but we perpetually lost two key battles all afternoon, both of which were down to players being asked to play out of position. 

Scott Brown at centre half and Kyle Turner were given an absolutely torrid time by the movement and physicality of Moult and Watt. They were getting change from Brown when they competed in the backline, and change from Turner when they dropped off. 

Ian Murray has some mitigation in playing Brown in that he's done it in more than half of our games this season, but why he thought Turner was the best option in the base of the midfield completely baffles me. And it's particularly galling that the best way to solve both of those problems only involves making one change.

If Keith Watson starts that game alongside Euan Murray, and Scott Brown plays in midfield, that's a totally different game. We might still loss it, who knows, but the two key weaknesses that United exploited today disappear. 

The overriding emotion for me after that is disappointment. It's football, and United are a good side, so a defeat was always a distinct possibility, but the Rovers were hamstrung from the outset by the line-up and never recovered. 

I certainly don't mean there was a lack of effort as such from the Rovers today, but Utd looked like a team who knew they had to win today.  Perhaps difference in intensity is a more apt description.

Edited by CALDERON

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Do you commentate for DUTV?

Is there an echo? Will everyone be accused of that? After first 5 minutes, in that first half and other than Ruddens shot that hit the top of the bar, there was absolutely nothing from Raith. Was quite surprised. Dubrovski made a number of saves and it wouldn't have been a shock if we'd gone in at least 2 up at the break.

Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Is there an echo? Will everyone be accused of that? After first 5 minutes, in that first half and other than Ruddens shot that hit the top of the bar, there was absolutely nothing from Raith. Was quite surprised. Dubrovski made a number of saves and it wouldn't have been a shock if we'd gone in at least 2 up at the break.

Do you though? 

Jesus we don’t do posters when we get beat so stop asking where it is tonight.

We’re rightly quiet.Well deserved for Dundee United.Not much football played by both teams-think United managed to string a dozen passes together towards the end which was the most football played.

Looked like a change of approach from the home team today going a lot more direct, which caused us (Brown in particular) bother. Good knock down from Moult and finish from Watt for 1st goal.

Apart from Rudden strike off bar we didn’t look like scoring.

Poor afternoon from us.

Hopefully we’ve got a few more posters up our sleeves for next few weeks.

18 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Not seen what anyone else has commented yet... 

Better team won today. Utds game management was spot on from start to finish. Good goal for the first and whoever it was that chucked the bottle at Watt can get themselves to f**k, absolute w**k stain. Rudden unlucky off the bar and we where unlucky early on but beyond that didn't look like scoring at all. Wasn't a dirty game so f**k knows where the 12 yellows came from. f**k knows how that was a pen. From where I was sitting it just wasn't. Looking forward to seeing that again. It killed the game off but realistically we just didn't look like scoring at all. 

Thought our tactics and team selection where wrong today and it proved to be. 

League wasn't won today but if utd had played like that all season it wouldn't be as close at it is still. 

Enjoy your night Dab's. 

He threw the bottle then slept and spewed the rest of the game.

And game summed up perfectly 

Not saying this will necessarily be the case for Raith, but Arbroath, Partick and Queen's Park have shown that you really need to take the chance when it's there or it may come back around for a long time*.

*Although it could come around next season, but the prominent examples weight evidence the other way.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I can guarantee both teams will drop more points before the end of the season. It's unlikely but I wouldn't completely rule out Partick coming up the rails.

One more point for United in any of the last five games and Thistle can’t win the league, overturn over United’s goal difference advantage as well (currently 30 better off).

2 hours ago, jasperellon said:

Done by the clever cheating of Watt and Moult. Rovers not in the match apart from the first few minutes. It’s not over yet but advantage United.

As opposed to the blatantly rubbish cheating of Dick and Rudden.  

The one where Rudden pretended he’d been elbowed and was rolling around like he’d been shot, until he realised no-one believed him and he jumped to his feet and straight back into the game. Some of play-acting from the Rovers guys was ridiculous.  

Yes, Watt was at it as well. 

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Happy with the penalty? No play acting there? Did everything right?

Wasn't confident before today and was less so when I saw our midfield. 

Plenty life left yet though. Game is still on.

Looked a clear penalty from where I was sitting, although I haven’t seen it back.  Couldn’t understand why Watson didn’t get a second yellow. 

20 minutes ago, SerieA said:

He threw the bottle then slept and spewed the rest of the game.

And game summed up perfectly 

Was it him watt was pointing out? Assuming you know him, tell him to stop being a massive fanny. No place for that shit, ever. If you don't, then hopefully he reads it. Was a nice catch by watt from what I'm guessing was a lighter from the same direction. 

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Looked a clear penalty from where I was sitting, although I haven’t seen it back.  Couldn’t understand why Watson didn’t get a second yellow. 

Spoke to a few people who aren't rovers fans who where watching and they've said it wasn't a penalty and I was baffled that it was given at the time. f**k knows the rules around it now but wasn't there at one stage a double jeopardy rule? Ref was pretty horrid the whole game for both teams so not surprising he potentially fucked up twice there.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Was it him watt was pointing out? Assuming you know him, tell him to stop being a massive fanny. No place for that shit, ever. If you don't, then hopefully he reads it. Was a nice catch by watt from what I'm guessing was a lighter from the same direction. 

Spoke to a few people who aren't rovers fans who where watching and they've said it wasn't a penalty and I was baffled that it was given at the time. f**k knows the rules around it now but wasn't there at one stage a double jeopardy rule? Ref was pretty horrid the whole game for both teams so not surprising he potentially fucked up twice there.

Double jeopardy says you don’t get a straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity if you’ve made a genuine attempt to play the ball and a penalty has been awarded.  

Whether it was a penalty or not I don’t know, haven’t seen it back, but Walsh was booking guys for that kind of thing all day.

Just now, adamntg said:

Double jeopardy says you don’t get a straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity if you’ve made a genuine attempt to play the ball and a penalty has been awarded.  

Whether it was a penalty or not I don’t know, haven’t seen it back, but Walsh was booking guys for that kind of thing all day.

And for much less - Moult for getting pulled to the ground by Murray and Sibbald for getting pushed over by Turner.