Scotland Vs Northern Ireland

Gordon

Souttar Hendry Tierney 

Patterson McTominay Gilmour Robertson

Ferguson McGinn

Shankland 

Hopefully a comfortable win to get a bit of confidence back. 3-1 Scotland.

For this game Shankland or Adams would be the obvious choice for the type of game it'll be.

Dykes hasn't had any minutes yet and he'll get some at some point. Looking forward to seeing what happens with that.

Edited by 2426255

Just now, doulikefish said:

Play the fringe players to give them game time ...we know what our starters can do 

Acht I’m conflicted. I see the benefits in giving fringe players time but we are so close to the Germany game that I would like our starting 11, or as close to it, getting to know each other better. Could definitely see Steve Clarke looking at club minutes and a burnout scenario and resting some. Thankfully, from a Scottish point of view, McGinn is the only player I’m worried about burning out. I’m pretty sure he has started most games for villa and rarely gets subbed off.

There's little point in putting out a total B team. I'd imagine it'll be largely the first 11 with a few inclusions that he wants to have a look at (Ferguson?) and a few exclusions based on tiredness / burnout.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well there was most definitely a notable drop off in quality when they came off the bench in numbers on Friday.

I’m not saying Armstrong couldn’t replace Christie or Adams couldn’t replace Shankland for example. 

I’m saying that with the current injuries I believe the starting XI on Friday was our strongest and if we replace say 5 of them, we will undoubtedly have a weaker team. 

If we do that and say win 2-0, what will we learn from that? I’d rather the lads from Friday went out and put right what they did wrong on that night. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Picking Souttar over Porteous or Ferguson over Christie is different to picking them over Tierney and Gilmour.

Ah right!

Clearly you didnae bother reading my post above then 🤣🤣

ETA - After Friday night’s performance I wouldnae pick Souttar over Mr. Porteous, the auld Janny from Foxbar Primary back in the day. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

I'd have stuck with the two guys who've dropped out, but always expected Dykes or Adams to come in for Shankland. Thought Gordon might have started too. 

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'd have stuck with the two guys who've dropped out, but always expected Dykes or Adams to come in for Shankland. Thought Gordon might have started too. 

Not sure if this lineup tells us much about anyone,   It gives Cooper a chance to impress.  Big game needed from him I suspect.  Giving game time to guys who need it most, I would say.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Ferguson should be getting a start, to show what he can do and not just coming on to either chase a game or see one out, McSauce and Christie are going to the Euros anyway he could have come in for either one of them!!!