Scotland Vs Northern Ireland

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Very different prospect tonightfrom Friday. An average team pressing us and running about a lot. We don't typically do well against those and I don't think we'll play one at the euros. So a bit of a pointless match in terms of preparation. 

We’ll definitely need to try to break down an organised defence at some point, so presumably this is practice for that. 

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Very different prospect tonightfrom Friday. An average team pressing us and running about a lot. We don't typically do well against those and I don't think we'll play one at the euros. So a bit of a pointless match in terms of preparation. 

An easier team to play against and build up some confidence. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We’ll definitely need to try to break down an organised defence at some point, so presumably this is practice for that. 

The issue for me is Germany, Hungary or the Swiss won't play like this it'll be us playing like N Ireland.

For me we would have been better playing a team from central Europe who are better than us. This match could turn into an utter shitfest. 

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Feeling more concerned about right back going into these euros than when SOD was out there :lol:

He's not been anything above average in any game since he signed for us but credit where its due, he didn't do much wrong in Dark Blue and had Grealish in his hippy at Wembley and if that half volley went in .......

It did feel McTominay was tasked with chaperoning him however.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

The issue for me is Germany, Hungary or the Swiss won't play like this it'll be us playing like N Ireland.

Not for the full games though. There will be stages when we have a bit of possession and control, and we’ll need to know what to do when it happens. 

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

Nearly every Scotland flag hanging has a different shade of blue and it's really annoying me.

This is why taking the washing instructions is important

Just now, velo army said:

NI are very well set up. Really enjoyed the press from their number 10. Our midfield looking pretty stodgy.

McGinn & McTominay seem to be constantly standing behind 2 NI defenders. Have hardly seen Christie anywhere near touching the ball. 

We've been pretty poor so far imo