2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Absolutely. Watched the game back last night and was good to see Lee Miller. Started thinking about his and McCracken’s time in charge and you forget how much Holt actually ruined them. Forced them to change to his favoured formation and his spell as interim manager was dreadful. Then you add on all the dreadful signings he made, the poor appointment of Rennie and then his comments at the Q&A and you realise just how dreadful he was for the club. 

Im not saying Miller and McCracken would have succeeded if Holt wasn’t there as the cracks had started to show before Holt was appointed but there is no denying things got considerably worse after his appointment. 

Before Gary holt came in we were sitting top of the the league and grinding out results, the change of formation and dreadful January signings done us, holt apparently was even making appearances on the training ground! I actually think we would have managed to shit fest our way to promotion that year had holt not been forced onto miller and McCracken. 

56 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He tends to be better as an impact sub to be honest whilst Ross for instance is far better when starting games. I don't think you can really say he deserves more gane time when we've won 26 games and drawn 6.

I agree with what your saying but think he could be used more often as an impact sub.

8 minutes ago, spratte said:

I agree with what your saying but think he could be used more often as an impact sub.

He's started 12 and come on   17 times in 32 games so only 3 league  games he hasn't been involved in.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

I think I agree with how mcglynn sees it... Morrison & miller...then Ross with Alfie a distant 4th

I think the way McGlynn has been using the 4 of them has been perfect, it’s great to have those options on the bench and the 4 of them all keep the pressure on each other to perform. I’d be keeping all 4 if possible. 

38 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Probably for the best tbh. We were 5th in League One when he said this btw:lol:

image.thumb.png.54b28124bfd68bf30dc3a0eecb046d22.png

Looking back now I can remember how loud and shouty he was at the beginning of the season when we started quite well. Getting players pressing and keeping on their toes when we were winning. Then when all quiet when we were getting beat. What a laughing stock we were 😂

Holt's disappeared into the oblivion Hartley's heading for. If Holt was managing a League One side this season I'm pretty sure we'd have been giving him it tight at every opportunity. 

21 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Looking back now I can remember how loud and shouty he was at the beginning of the season when we started quite well. Getting players pressing and keeping on their toes when we were winning. Then when all quiet when we were getting beat. What a laughing stock we were 😂

"We're not Barcelona yet"

5 hours ago, Rocco said:

This is spot on. I’ve often wondered why so many fans lay the blame at Harley’s door for our demise. Yes he made a complete mess whilst he was manager but a lot of what happened were decisions made by the people who are meant to have the clubs best interest at heart. I’m not saying the abuse is unwarranted, however, it’s like blaming someone in middle management for the collapse of a company. 

Probably because he is such a loathsome wee turd .

9 hours ago, HonestAl said:

Me too, over the course of last night & this morning.

As much as I detest BBC Scotland in general, their Championship & League One coverage is fantastic to watch for saddos like myself who love Scottish Football (bigot bros. aside). 
The lad that presented the coverage of our game is a breath of fresh air (in either language) and long may he remain out with the clutches of the Scottish Football Media Mafia.

But Lee Miller was superb!
Okay, clearly a Falkirk fan but called the game correctly when Cove got one back (to 2-1) and rightly predicted the feelings of Mr. McGlynn going into half time.

And Jamie Sweeney came over well at half time too.

Great to see.

"Sweeney", aye, he got that a bit wrong, unless Swinnie is Sweeney in the Gaelic 🤔

9 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Holt's disappeared into the oblivion Hartley's heading for. If Holt was managing a League One side this season I'm pretty sure we'd have been giving him it tight at every opportunity. 

Let's make an agreement never to mention Holt again unless it is Holt signs for Dunfermline 

49 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

The Cove match report sounds like it was written in crayon by a petulant child. I can only assume it was Hartley

It reminded me though - that 60 yard Hogarth pass to Miller that led to a chance - oya sexy beast! 

On 06/04/2024 at 21:19, covefan97 said:

Fyvie is a very good player and if he was in a team like Falkirk you would all be saying the same! When he's fit he's usually our best player. Injuries and playing in a dreadful team haven't helped him recently but still a very good player. Our only consistent threat from midfield.

He should have stuck to “acting”

IMG_2296.jpeg