Killie v County 06/04/24

22 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Missing this as heading to Tunisia to run the last marathon of Project Africa with Russ Cook, which is probably the best excuse I've ever had for missing a Killie game. 

Hoping to watch this from a sun lounger in 20+ degree heat.

Well, that's the hottest weather I've ever watched Killie in. 

A nice comfortable competent win. Didn't have to do too much for it. Wish they were all like that. 

Well short of the standard needed to get a win. Not that I expected any better, with a 5-2-3 shape including wing-backs who aren't good enough, two central midfielders who can't pass the ball into a team-mate's stride and three central strikers who crave but won't supply the service. Playing three strikers together can only work in exceptional match circumstances, I can't believe we are still trying this. Playing White deeper of the three - or anywhere - is a nonsense, his touch is terrible and there is no-one in that team capable of putting a cross on his head, which is what he needs.

Wickens has cost a couple of away defeats now. He'll have a better career than Laidlaw, but over the course of the season will he be better for the team? Not quantifiably so, IMO, while he leaves in the summer and Laidlaw is still here for another couple of seasons. When the goal went in that was game over, a very comfortable afternoon for their four centre-backs.

I thought Cowie was starting to get the balance of the team right in the first half against Aberdeen (despite my reservations about the wing-backs being worse than what else in the squad), but that looks like a flash in the pan. 

Edited by bunglebonce

4 hours ago, Coooombe said:

No idea of anything that's going on in this game as Michael Stewart is turning open all mics into the Michael Stewart show for a change. 

I was running late for the game and had to endure the first fifteen minutes or so.

Utterly horrendous. I turned it down until I could just tell Derek Ferguson was speaking, before switching it off again.

4 hours ago, Coooombe said:

No idea of anything that's going on in this game as Michael Stewart is turning open all mics into the Michael Stewart show for a change. 

I had the pleasure of that this afternoon too. Next weekend I will be gouging my eyes out with a spoon, which will be more enjoyable than listening to those argumentative twats.

Conditions certainly played a part for both teams in fairness.

2nd half when we got the ball down and moved it, was much better. Kennedy and Polworth both outstanding, and just deserved the win in the end.

A victory at St.Johnstone next week now with St.Mirren at Parkhead would make it very difficult for them to catch us for 4th.

Not the best game to watch by any stretch of the imagination, but we played well enough and deserved the win. Pleased for Vassell as I thought that the ball was starting to go out a bit too wide for him to get a shot away but he took it well enough. I don't know what Wickens was doing, though - that's a dreadful error to make.

A win next week coupled with a St Mirren defeat and I think 4th place is ours to lose.

On 06/04/2024 at 19:08, Squalor Vic said:

Why didn't Dandha start for RC? 

He’s very overrated imo. I predict he’ll have a terrible time at Hearts and be away within a year

6 hours ago, Wilsons14 said:

He’s very overrated imo. I predict he’ll have a terrible time at Hearts and be away within a year

I'm not convinced Dhanda nor Spittal will hold down a place in the Hearts starting XI. 

10 hours ago, Wilsons14 said:

Dhanda needs better players around him than the current shower of shite at County.

Edited by Comrie