Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Just to place you on record are you saying that the referee is being forced by his employer to declare a pitch that is not playable (and therefore not safe) playable?   

I'm saying if this was October and there wasn't pressure to complete games before the split, they wouldn't even consider saying that pitch was playable.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Did Motherwell suffer many career ending injuries in home games when it was Fir Park that was an absolute disgrace a few seasons back? Fir Park is braw’ these days, but it closely resembled the current Dens Park surface, if not worse.

Lasley got blamed for most of them 

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Bet you anything the Wednesday night game will be moved to a neutral venue.

Rangers traditionally play their neutral venue matches against Dundonian teams at Ibrox.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.76279b9a6c79d56b696dadcc4bac91d3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Did Motherwell suffer many career ending injuries in home games when it was Fir Park that was an absolute disgrace a few seasons back? Fir Park is braw’ these days, but it closely resembled the current Dens Park surface, if not worse.

"A few" = 15 years.

55 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

F**k that!

Inbred f**kin halfwit

I don't think I've read such an angry message using so few words. Excellent :lol:

Worse pitches get played on Sunday mornings up and down the country most weekends. It's a joke that a top flight team has a pitch this bad, but all this talk about safety is nothing more than pearl clutching. Adapt your game to play on the surface - it affects both teams equally. 

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

I'm going to save my GIRFUYs until the full time whistle.

Until then, I'd like 29 minutes in the abandonment sweepie. 

You think it will last that long?

12 mins for me.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If it won't be ready for next season then it'll have zero effect on their decision making this Summer.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They'll have to prove to the SPFL that it won't have the same issues again next season, which will cost a fortune based on Dundees fans claims about why the pitch floods.

I've shown you Motherwell had that exact situation when they had multiple postponements in the same season before.

Dundee fans just seem to be assuming it won't happen to them because they don't want it to. There is a precedent and that was with less postponements.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're trying to figure out a way of making it someone else fault I'd imagine.

Feels very close to getting another "the pitch would be playable in 4 hours but the ref didn't care about supporters enough to force them all to wait that long to see" type rant from them.

Which is a bad sign in terms of the game going ahead, to me. They clearly know there's an issue and are already setting up a fall guy.

Because the best thing to do for fans is to delay the game 2 hours with no guarantees it'll actually go ahead at that time either.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You didn't have to mention the referee at all, Motherwell managed it.

Whataboutery is shite, but we've not had a single game called off due to our pitch this season, after spending 6 figures resolving potential issues last Summer. How much have Dundee spent on the Dens pitch in the last few years?

If you end up homeless with your new stadium still not built for the next 2 seasons, that'll come at a cost.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not saying you should be punished, just that if there's further postponements this season then you will be.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll be called all the names under the sun for saying it, but it's genuinely a disgrace that it's been allowed. That's a major hazard for players who are absolutely going over ankles on that part of the pitch.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We have the benefit of not being forced to say its playable by our employers.

Anyone with a brain can see that massive sandpit is a massive hazard to the players.

What an absolute fucking state to get yourself into.

No wonder they've deemed the pitch playable as they've took one look at you and seen what a really spluttering mess is like.

Fucking hell Random.

Mon now Motherwell. No need to be little bitches about the whole thing. You've been respectable lads up until this point.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What an absolute fucking state to get yourself into.

No wonder they've deemed the pitch playable as they've took one look at you and seen what a really spluttering mess is like.

Fucking hell Random.

Never seen so much hand wringing, pearl clutching and knicker wetting all on the same thread.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

"A few" = 15 years.

Point still stands. Fir Park was a tattie field, severely rutted and had more sand on it than Ayr beach. Motherwell had to play on it every second week, they only have to get through one game on the less-than-stellar Dens surface. Hopefully they’ll manage it without serious injury befalling any of their players.