Best Squad in the League vs The Championees

One of our toughest games of the season up next, the Accies away, they have the best squad in this league by far and they are up there with Annan as our most difficult opponents. To date, we have only taken 7 points out of 9 off the both of them, our lowest return against all the teams in League One. They have to be feared and respected.

Just kidding GIF - Find on GIFER

2 - 1 Falkirk, Nicky Hogarth hat-trick.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

I'd take a draw if it meant keeping the unbeaten run going but out the four games we have left this is probably the toughest one. That said Accies have already secured second place and have nothing much to play for except form going into the playoffs. They will however be desperate to beat us at the fourth attempt as it might be a while before they get another chance. Be good if we could keep a clean sheet but I don't see happening in this game. We have been scoring lots of goals of late so I expect a few goals in this one. Accies 2-4 Falkirk. 

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Hearing we’ve sold around 1,100 tickets so far. 

Great going.

We've now sold c300 for the North Stand for the Alloa game, so approx 6,300 home fans with tickets and only c700 (home) tickets left.

Edit - apologies just realised this is the Hamilton FFC game thread and not the FFC thread...

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

3-1 

morrison, miller, agyeman for Falkirk 

rose for accies 

easy 3 points and a red card for rankin sent to the stands where he gets told to resign by the accies fan(s) 

If you go back to Q1 and how tight it looked like this league was going to be, and also, the points total Accies have achieved, its really quite something that the 4th game between the two that could have been a blockbuster is notable only for the best squad in the league giving us a guard of honour, and the NBA having a party in their stands. Wrapping league titles up before the clocks go forward isn't for everyone, but it is for The Falkirk Bairns. 

6 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

If Hamilton turn on a blinding display i will really question Rankins management as the players have not been playing for him all season Two nil Falkirk

They are miles clear in second place.

Any other season they would still be in the fight for the title.

They've already hit 65 points which is only two below our total last season and match the current totals of Dundee Utd and Stenny (who've already won L2), with 4 games still to play!

Hamilton fans may not like Rankin's style of play, but I feel that they've got a similar sense of entitlement that some of our fans had when we first came down! It's not as easy as they seem to think it should be.

53 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

They've already hit 65 points which is only two below our total last season and match the current totals of Dundee Utd and Stenny (who've already won L2), with 4 games still to play!

Hamilton fans may not like Rankin's style of play, but I feel that they've got a similar sense of entitlement that some of our fans had when we first came down! It's not as easy as they seem to think it should be.

I think, and I'm only being partly wide here, it's actually quite difficult to comprehend just how good we have been, and how soundly we have battered this league. Laying it out like that helps, but even still. 

I say it as someone who has obviously seen us play a lot.... If it wasn't for the scars of recent years I wouldn't have carried such a sense of potential jeopardy deep in the season and would have instead acknowledged what was clear from early on. This Falkirk team has been different t Gravy. But even that doesn't cover it, because no one could have seen unbeaten to a title in March playing breathtaking football. 

Canny make up my mind what team I'd like to see here.

I think Donaldson looked a wee bit tired last Saturday and deserves a wee rest, but we don't really have a replacement, unless Hendo's comfortable using his right foot (which he's not). Tait's the man in form and will be busting a gut to show Accies what they're missing, however I can see some of their players trying to wind him up, which could be problematic. Miller hasn't been just quite as effective recently, so maybe a chance for Ross?

Feck it - unchanged team!

Of course it’ll be really tough. Despite Accies fans’ torpor and entitlement, that’s a decent side who could’ve won the league if we’d have only spent 50% equivalent of their budget this season rather than 67%.

Cuntery aside, they’ll probably go up via the playoffs. If not, they’ll skoosh the league next season. 

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Of course it’ll be really tough. Despite Accies fans’ torpor and entitlement, that’s a decent side who could’ve won the league if we’d have only spent 50% equivalent of their budget this season rather than 67%.

Cuntery aside, they’ll probably go up via the playoffs. If not, they’ll skoosh the league next season. 

Torn between wanting ICT to be relegated and Hamilton to stay down.

Alloa v Montrose playoff final it is.