Rovers v Airdrie - Tuesday 09/04

We're definitely in last chance saloon territory here. Morton has to beat United and if we can recover against Partick then everything is back on.

None of these scenarios are likely to happen but you've to hope that there's still a straw strong enough to clutch🥺

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I might be wrong but I'm sure since the turn of the year we have the best form in the league. I know that's essentially an arbitrary starting point but I'd say/hope 3 and a half months is more than a 'peak', it's not like we've just made a dip for the line at the end, we've been pretty good for a while.

That said, we aren't even assured of the play-offs yet by any means, and I think given our squad size and having to get through 3 ties, it would be highly unlikely. Quite happy to dream though...

I think finishing second may not be as favourable as it seems, as that team has to sit out for a week. Aye, they get to rest players, but do they not lose momentum? 

Thistle should have done it last season, to be honest. They blew a 3 goal aggregate league with 20+ mins to go. 

Just now, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I think finishing second may not be as favourable as it seems, as that team has to sit out for a week. Aye, they get to rest players, but do they not lose momentum? 

Thistle should have done it last season, to be honest. They blew a 3 goal aggregate league with 20+ mins to go. 

We have no momentum to lose. We've limped over the line a bit recently. The break would do us good.

11 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Based on what I’ve seen from McGill, and what I’ve seen so far from James Brown, I’d be starting the former at right back 

Aye,  I've seen nothing to suggest that Brown is any better than the two midfielders who have also played in his position.

4 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

“at times” CRY MORE

Settle sweetheart. You didn't play good football for the majority of the second half, but when you did manage it was good to watch. take the compliment and away back to your six fingered family at home like a good mutant. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

What momentum would that be? 😂

Not seriously surprised at this result.They beat us last Saturday by the same score.

The difference here though is Raith were at home.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them jump Partick.

6 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Easton's barely kicked the ball against us this season.  He was incredible with us - albeit against weaker defences - and seems to have done pretty well at Raith overall, but he just can't get past our defence at all this year.

Once he's in the penalty box he's impossible to play against, but outside of the box, and particularly outside of the final third, he can't do much. We've been so good at limiting supply to him in dangerous areas. When he gets frustrated he's his own worst enemy because he drops deep which makes him totally ineffective.

In comparison if you watch his goal against Ayr on Saturday Ayr just allow a simple pass into him on the edge of the box, gets 1 on 1 and pings it into the top corner.

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Settle sweetheart. You didn't play good football for the majority of the second half, but when you did manage it was good to watch. take the compliment and away back to your six fingered family at home like a good mutant. 🤣

You OK? Here to talk if you need a shoulder to dribble on. 

I hope Thistle take care of Airdrie in the play offs because we’d likely struggle again.

We caused Airdrie more problems second half. If that shot that hits the post goes in we probably get something from the game, but it didn’t, so another defeat to Airdrie. First half was poor.

Edited by Scary Bear

We’re just so easy to defend against when we have two full backs who don’t get forward.

Add in a slow, ponderous build up, and a weird decision to retreat when Airdrie had possession rather than press, and it made for an absolutely disastrous first half. 

Once we abandoned that and pushed right up it made a world of difference, but ultimately we’ve scored two goals v Airdrie in five games this season, which is atrocious.

Anton Dowds has managed six against them on his own. 

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

We’re just so easy to defend against when we have two full backs who don’t get forward.

Add in a slow, ponderous build up, and a weird decision to retreat when Airdrie had possession rather than press, and it made for an absolutely disastrous first half. 

Once we abandoned that and pushed right up it made a world of difference, but ultimately we’ve scored two goals v Airdrie in five games this season, which is atrocious.

Anton Dowds has managed six against them on his own. 

... and one against us tonight.

Hopefully never see Airdie again this season!!!!!

You can’t give Frizzell that much time and space.Couple of cracking strikes mind you but think I’d have a decent bash on goal if I had that much time and space.

Raith played all or nothing football in 2nd half and were close to getting it all if that Connolly strike went in and then got hit with the sucker punch.

Well done Airdrie though. They’ve bossed us all season.

Hopefully we somehow miss yous in the playoffs.