Stirling v Queens

On 17/04/2024 at 17:56, SA45 said:

I'm sure McPake will play on Saturday but didn't impress v Kelty and over-dribbles in my opinion. Cooper was injured at half-time warming up (!) so will have to wait until Beepee's training report. Doesn't matter who plays, it's all about attitude. Inconsistency has been our biggest downfall this season, oh and having a patched up midfield of converted defenders and no real midfielders.

@SA45 Thursday report

Looking like a 4-4-2 formation Saturday IMO 

1.. Currie to pick his dummy back up & return in goals 

Scouse, Jojo, Pab's, Clark as the back four 

Offord W/R... Crane & Banner C/M.... McPake W/L

Hilson playing off Carrick in a two upfront 

Let's hope that we can lift it on the park & in the stands... self belief & desire, C'mon the bino's 💪  🇵🇪

What will Marvelous Marv do this week in the way of personnel and formation?

I’d probably bring McClelland in for Kilsby, who I kind of feel sorry for, as he seems to have regressed under our wonderous leader’s guidance. And surely Gibson must start ahead of McKechnie. The rest I’d probably leave.

Connelly, if he’s behaved himself this week can start on the bench for me, but this might not suit his petulant moods!

I do think we could just sneak this but not if it turns into a battle.

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Am I right in assuming that Cameron McKinlay will have to wait until next season to make his debut, as the transfer window is now closed?

Yes 

Next season 👍

On 16/04/2024 at 11:30, Distant Doonhamer said:

Against my better judgement I’m planning to go to this “relegation 6 pointer”. 

Just found out I've got my LD for tomorrow. I'll see you in the 'Calling Cards of Morons' thread. 

9 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

How many supporters will Queens likely bring through for this? I understand numbers are down this season but it's a pretty big game. 300 - 400?

Lucky if it’s 300 I’d think.

Tomorrow, all being well, I'll make my first visit in quite a few years to Forthbank. Probably been asked earlier in the thread but what's the parking situation? Last time I was there there was ample parking for away fans right at the ground, is it still the same? Missed the meeting up there earlier in the season so, rather bizarrely, I'm quite looking forward to this. That feeling could soon change though when Marvin's team is announced.

26 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

How many supporters will Queens likely bring through for this? I understand numbers are down this season but it's a pretty big game. 300 - 400?

If we took 400 it would be about half of our home support the now so I wouldn't be expecting anywhere near that tbh. If we take 200 I'll be impressed. It's a huge game for us but given the joy has been well and truly sucked out of Palmerston this season (in particular) I can appreciate folk not wanting to waste their time or money. 

41 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Tomorrow, all being well, I'll make my first visit in quite a few years to Forthbank. Probably been asked earlier in the thread but what's the parking situation? Last time I was there there was ample parking for away fans right at the ground, is it still the same? Missed the meeting up there earlier in the season so, rather bizarrely, I'm quite looking forward to this. That feeling could soon change though when Marvin's team is announced.

No problem with parking if you keep in mind that there are hundred of spaces behind the trees of the away stand. Do not park anywhere that’s not a space, or you’ll likely get a ticket.

400 😂😂😂I think 200 would be a very healthy support for QOTS. I reckon we’ll get beat 2-0. We can play some decent stuff at times but lack any sort of threat up front when Carrick is injured. I’m often wrong though and thought we’d get something last week. 

54 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

No problem with parking if you keep in mind that there are hundred of spaces behind the trees of the away stand. Do not park anywhere that’s not a space, or you’ll likely get a ticket.

Thanks for that, I'll probably be there early enough to avoid the rush of visiting fans.

21 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

@SA45 Thursday report

Looking like a 4-4-2 formation Saturday IMO 

1.. Currie to pick his dummy back up & return in goals 

Scouse, Jojo, Pab's, Clark as the back four 

Offord W/R... Crane & Banner C/M.... McPake W/L

Hilson playing off Carrick in a two upfront 

Let's hope that we can lift it on the park & in the stands... self belief & desire, C'mon the bino's 💪  🇵🇪

Would be surprised if that's not the team. We'll need to give the team better backing tomorrow as will be up against fearsome QOS rattlers. Calling all choristers, yodelers and sopranos to get behind the team. Hooligans welcome if well behaved and can make a racket. 📢🎺🥁🇦🇹

2 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I'd imagine that Transport Scotland will quite naturally be implementing their "major event strategic transport control plan (version 2.1)" on the northbound carriageway of the M80/M9 for this one, aye? So probably best for us members of the southern hordes to allow for this accordingly in our departure plans. 😎

17 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'd imagine that Transport Scotland will quite naturally be implementing their "major event strategic transport control plan (version 2.1)" on the northbound carriageway of the M80/M9 for this one, aye? So probably best for us members of the southern hordes to allow for this accordingly in our departure plans. 😎

You will always be welcome 

Hopefully this will continue for us both next year also in League 1 🙏 

21 hours ago, binopower said:

On loan at Bonnyrigg since the end of January

Thanks for that and sad to hear it.  He was no wizard of dribble, but he found space, got forward. got decent crosses in and scored goals. I'd take some of that  now.

Cracking day for it, at least the game won't be spoiled by the wind like the last time.

Also the novelty of playing on grass.

Edited by bod