Sliding into the Premiership

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This thread is going to make Thistle’s 36-0 win on the final day so much sweeter…

Aye, but we'll probably blow yet another two goal lead against Arbroath.

38 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Fairs fair you got the job done with more points than most recent champions. 

Excellent defence 

Raith Rovers hanging on in there for as long as they did kept it interesting, but I can't help thinking they really let us off the hook. We were there for the taking several times this season and they never took advantage of that.

Chuffed with that, but can’t bring myself to be delighted, because it still feels like a situation we should never have got ourselves into in the first place.

Fair fucks to Raith, they chased us a lot longer & harder than I expected them to do. To match our first half of the season was particularly impressive. 

Still not 100% convinced by Goodwin, and a few of the younger lads we seemed to have big hopes for haven’t really done enough to suggest they’ll do a job in the top flight. 

The hard work starts now - a lot of ins & outs to come before next season hopefully. 

For those of you we are leaving behind, with the possible exception of one of  Raith/ Thistle/ Airdrie who may come with us, next season's Championship should be more of a level playing field and most teams should fancy their chances. 

United's points total will be one of the highest for years which means credit to Raith for going toe to toe for so long. 

Probably feeling more relief than joy at present.  There is a lot of work to be done for next season. 

To be honest I am allowing myself to be in total celebration mode at the moment, and it feels good!!

Having said that part of it is relief that it's over, and especially at the first time of asking unlike last time. I'll worry about next season in a few weeks, but now I'm looking forward to 2 league games with absolutely no pressure at all.

Well done to United, been a good season, we've run them close, but just not enough when it really mattered at the end of the season. Best of luck next year. Hopefully you'll continue to get your academy lads involved regularly. 

First game of the season, when Arbroath took a shaming off of Dundee United (what turned out to be the first of many), I said to my friends that I thought United looked like a premiership team, more so than any of the other relegated teams we've seen in recent seasons.  Although we took bigger defeats from other clubs, I think United still looked a class apart.  Well deserved title win ultimately!

Congratulations United. League table never lies. I'm just pleased that we've still got a chance to play you again next season.🥹 Way above what I think everyone expected away back in August last year.