🔴🟡Thistle vs Ayr United⚫️⚪️ - 27th April 2024

14 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Brian Graham is only two goals away from equalling the Thistle post-war league-goals-in-a-season record. So there's a potential silver lining of sorts if we don't get a chance to rest him.

He will also have scored in four league games against two different teams in the same season, if/ when he nets on Saturday.

I don't think Brian Graham will be doing anything less than trying to score a goal or two come Saturday. 

Edited by Claudia Gentile

Hopefully second last game of an awful season.  Will Syla be back?

Clarke

Stanger  Sanders  McGinty  Musonda

Syla  Dempsey  McHugh

Chalmers  Willoughby  Murphy

Subs: Canny even be arsed looking at who we have left.

3-0 Thistle.

Quite nervous for tomorrow but also strangely confident that we'll get a result, although reckon the best we'll get is a draw which would leave us dependent on other results to stay up. 

I do think we'll stay up but it's definitely going to the final day, don't see Dunfermline or Arbroath doing us a favour.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Hopefully second last game of an awful season.  Will Syla be back?

Clarke

Stanger  Sanders  McGinty  Musonda

Syla  Dempsey  McHugh

Chalmers  Willoughby  Murphy

Subs: Canny even be arsed looking at who we have left.

3-0 Thistle.

Even if Syla is back I'd stick with the 4-4-1-1. Let McKenzie run about and press the defence and give Willoughby some space. Worked well in the last game v Partick.

19 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Milne and Stanway out.

Could see Alston come in 👻 Ngwenya in at left back.

Still hoping to get the win that will seal 3rd place.

Got a feeling McBeth out for two matches also due to yellow card pile up .

On 21/04/2024 at 22:17, AUFC 1910 said:

Regardless of who gets played or who gets rested, I hope it’s a decent game, in the sunshine, with a nice big crowd and what will be will be.

As far as other results are concerned, I hope and pray that they pan out with us not needing a win on the last day 👀

Looking at this game and the table it never occurred to me that any Ayr fans would be thinking about relegation. I would have thought with Arbroath already relegated the fight to avoid the relegation play-off is between Inverness and Queens Park. Although arithmetically Ayr could be involved it would take a really strange run of results for Ayr to be in the relegation play-off.

Inverness have two difficult games  against Dunfermline and Morton and Queens Park face Airdrie in their final game. I don't see all of these games going against you.

Look forward to seeing you again next year in the Championship.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m up in Glasgow and our game isn’t until tomorrow. Thinking about going along to this one.

What’s the script with tickets? Can you just buy them at the ground before the game?

Online mostly but if you are going in the home end you can buy a ticket at the portacabins at the back of the Jackie Husband stand. 

Edited by Claudia Gentile

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Milne and Stanway out.

Could see Alston come in 👻 Ngwenya in at left back.

Still hoping to get the win that will seal 3rd place.

I’d think it’s much more likely that Bannigan comes in to get some match fitness, and replaced by Alston later on. 

19 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I would much prefer we didn't. Going up with Dundee United would be far more preferable imo.

It would be great if it did happen but I just don't see it.

We have IMO done well this season with a much weaker squad. It's certainly hats off to Doolan, the players and all at Firhill. We have though been inconsistent which is why we failed to mount a serious challenge for the league title or second place. 

We made mistakes along the way but so did Raith and Dundee Utd.

You also have to take into account the demands of a play-off system designed to protect the SPL side.

I think you also need to factor in that if we were to reach the play-off and take a lead into the final game at Dingwall or Perth, the SPFL will find another sympathetic  referee and that will be that.

47 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

Although arithmetically Ayr could be involved it would take a really strange run of results for Ayr to be in the relegation play-off.

The worst results today, an Ayr loss along with Inverness beating Dunfermline and Queens Park beating Arbroath would mean we would end today 

Dunfermline 43
Ayr 42
Inverness 41
Queens Park 40

So it wouldn't be that strange, on the last day, we play Dunfermline at Somerset, Inverness would be home to Morton, who in that scenario would already be confirmed as fifth. Queens Park would be playing Airdrie who would already be confirmed as fourth. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The worst results today, an Ayr loss along with Inverness beating Dunfermline and Queens Park beating Arbroath would mean we would end today 

Dunfermline 43
Ayr 42
Inverness 41
Queens Park 40

So it wouldn't be that strange, on the last day, we play Dunfermline at Somerset, Inverness would be home to Morton, who in that scenario would already be confirmed as fifth. Queens Park would be playing Airdrie who would already be confirmed as fourth. 

It would be an unlucky set of results for us, but certainly not freakish or unrealistic in this league.  As I said earlier, I’d be delighted come 5pm we are safe, probably not worth a pitch invasion though 🤣

So, we all having a sing-song together at 4mins in for Gerry Collins?