🔴🟡Thistle vs Ayr United⚫️⚪️ - 27th April 2024

Job done....clean sheet ,Third place confirmed, should have been out of sight in first half and Ayr's Poundland Grealish had a honker ....all in all a satisfying day .

Edited by I Clavdivs

We very much looked like we were at 80% max. Thought by his very admittedly high standards fitzy struggled to get into the game today. We had the best chances, how BBG nor Jason scored in the first half is beyond me. Ayr could have been one up after a few minutes where McBeth hacked one off the line from a corner. Definitely be resting BBG, Muirhead and if we could McMillan on Friday but unlikely to be able to. 

I can't see Airdrie playing a full team next week and QP have something to play for. 

That said if we play like we did in the last game at Tannadice we're capable of losing 10-0 but shouldn't be that bad again. 

The womp womp womp sound effect accidentally playing when Muirhead’s number went up to be subbed off was incredible stuff. I now firmly believe that there is a God after that.

34 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The womp womp womp sound effect accidentally playing when Muirhead’s number went up to be subbed off was incredible stuff. I now firmly believe that there is a God after that.

He was absolutely seething when he was subbed off to the Ayr abuse. I’m convinced that man has been permanently raging since his professional career began. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was absolutely seething when he was subbed off to the Ayr abuse. I’m convinced that man has been permanently raging since his professional career began. 

To play the pantomime villain act on a football pitch, you first have to be good at football which is where the p***k falls short. I’m assuming his lack of ability is what annoys him.

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

To play the pantomime villain act on a football pitch, you first have to be good at football which is where the p***k falls short. I’m assuming his lack of ability is what annoys him.

Aye Brian Graham gets away with it given his incredibly annoying habit of scoring against us. Muirhead is a fanny that was rightfully disliked by his own fans before he left Ayr. 

As the second half dragged in, I found myself more and more drawn to the wee group outside who seemed to be getting pretty wound up by everything and nothing. 

You've got Scotland's largest city on your doorstep, and you'd rather stand on a footpath going yer dinger at a game you're not even at.

10 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Why do Ayr fans hate Muirhead so much? Genuine curious question.

Bait^

6 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I think it’s absolutely excellent that Muirhead generates such spectacular seethe out of such an also-rans football club.

Terrible bait^

1 minute ago, Reid said:

Thought Muirhead was excellent today before coming off.

Possibly the worst bait of them all ^

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Bait^

Terrible bait^

Possibly the worst bait of them all ^

Not at all. He was solid, winning most balls in the air and made a couple good challenges.

15 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Why do Ayr fans hate Muirhead so much? Genuine curious question.

They actually don't . Just a few of the total football gang on here who expect too much of a Championship class centre half . McGinty got it as well and now its Sanders turn . Big Aero was fine .