🔴🟡Thistle vs Ayr United⚫️⚪️ - 27th April 2024

14 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

They actually don't . Just a few of the total football gang on here who expect too much of a Championship class centre half . McGinty got it as well and now its Sanders turn . Big Aero was fine .

I'm sure he clapped the away support when he went off?

17 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Why do Ayr fans hate Muirhead so much? Genuine curious question.

He's a weird dickhead

4 hours ago, Dauntless said:

They actually don't . Just a few of the total football gang on here who expect too much of a Championship class centre half . McGinty got it as well and now it’s Sanders turn . Big Aero was fine .

McGinty has been better for us than Muirhead. Muirhead had an arrogance and a belief that everyone around him was at fault and it was never him. Couple that with the fake hard man image because he’ll occasionally try and stick an elbow into a younger player and I don’t see why fans ever really liked him. 

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aaron Muirhead is a significantly better player than Sean McGinty. 

In an instantly forgettable match yesterday a particularly low point was BBG getting the ball flicked over his head and then controlled by McGinty as BBG carerred off the pitch

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

That doesn't explain it.

He's one of those that when he played for you you can forgive the over the top challenges and big man attitude but when he's against you, you see it for all the fake hard man he is, as previously stated the St Johnstone game where we were one nill up and looking very good and he gets sent of for the most stupid of tackles is a reason and the going down like he had been shot by a sniper at Somerset last season when Dipo hardly touched him stick out

15 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

He's one of those that when he played for you you can forgive the over the top challenges and big man attitude but when he's against you, you see it for all the fake hard man he is, as previously stated the St Johnstone game where we were one nill up and looking very good and he gets sent of for the most stupid of tackles is a reason and the going down like he had been shot by a sniper at Somerset last season when Dipo hardly touched him stick out

I suppose the Dipo incident is still pretty raw in the memory.

He has had some mad moments with ourselves. The diddy cup final vs QoS springs to mind. He was actually celebrated for missing a pelanty then planting the head on a Queens player.

It's a funny old game.

58 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aaron Muirhead is a significantly better player than Sean McGinty. 

Regardless of Muirhead’s attitude, I watched McGinty play for Torquay United (National League) several times, and I watched him play for Thistle many times. No comparison,  Muirhead is the better player

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

In an instantly forgettable match yesterday a particularly low point was BBG getting the ball flicked over his head and then controlled by McGinty as BBG carerred off the pitch

Very very funny

15 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Regardless of Muirhead’s attitude, I watched McGinty play for Torquay United (National League) several times, and I watched him play for Thistle many times. No comparison,  Muirhead is the better player

The 2 seasons ago Sean I’d have said yes that muirhead was a bit better although still very limited. But now, no.

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I suppose the Dipo incident is still pretty raw in the memory.

He has had some mad moments with ourselves. The diddy cup final vs QoS springs to mind. He was actually celebrated for missing a pelanty then planting the head on a Queens player.

It's a funny old game.

That was his actual best mate he did that to aswell haha.

He also did the exact same thing against Dundee last season when they took the lead at firhill in the 3-2 game.

12 hours ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Players can improve

That was a frustratingly meh game of football where we looked quite unarsed most of the game, while Graham should have taken at least one of his chance I actually felt the best chance fell to Robinson and he didn't even hit the target, looked harder to miss than at least challenge the goalkeeper. 

Quite funny leaving the stadium the amount of lads giving the Thistle fans the vicky from the windows of the main stand staircase only to get outside to be immediately greeted by those exact fans, then just put their head down and walk away. I'm not saying anything is going to happen once you do that, most fans do it and I find it quite funny, it's just an odd thing to do particularly after a 0-0 and there's not really a GIRUY moment.  

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

That was a frustratingly meh game of football where we looked quite unarsed most of the game, while Graham should have taken at least one of his chance I actually felt the best chance fell to Robinson and he didn't even hit the target, looked harder to miss than at least challenge the goalkeeper. 

Robinson did get his attempt on target. He waited for the keeper to get back and went for the corner the keeper came from. Unfortunately the keeper just managed to get a trailing toe on the shot (which is why a corner was awarded)