St Mirren v Sevco 2012 Sunday 28th April

5 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Ross County did it so hopefully Sir Stephen was watching and can use the same tic tacs and give these bigots a pumping. 

3-0 Saints (McEwan, Ferguson, Wishart)

I'd have Olusanya watching exactly what Simon Murray did, it seemed like a text book performance against them.

We've not really got close to either Celtic or Rangers this season (possibly the 2-1 defeat at Parkhead), so hopefully we can cause them some problems this weekend.

Edited by houston_bud

6 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I'd have Olusanya watching exactly what Simon Murray did, it seemed like a text book performance against them.

We've not really got close to either Celtic or Rangers this season (possibly the 2-1 defeat at Parkhead), so hopefully we can cause them some problems this weekend.

That was my thought as well watching the Ross County game.  I thought Olusanya did a good job first half at Parkhead at getting us the park and causing their defence some problems, albeit too far away from goal. Unfortunately, Rangers have gone some way to rectifying the issue their side since by benching Goldson. Can only hope he is back for this game but I doubt it. 

12 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

That was my thought as well watching the Ross County game.  I thought Olusanya did a good job first half at Parkhead at getting us the park and causing their defence some problems, albeit too far away from goal. Unfortunately, Rangers have gone some way to rectifying the issue their side since by benching Goldson. Can only hope he is back for this game but I doubt it. 

I'd imagine they'll stick with the team that kept a clean sheet against Hearts. Souttar is a good player but I always feel he has a mistake in him, and whilst Balogun was excellent on Sunday, there's a reason why he's not been a mainstay in the team this season.

As always in these games, we'll need to be at our best and Rangers will have to have an off day if we're to pick anything up. I think we have players that can cause them problems though, I just hope we can find a bit of cutting edge that we've often lacked in these games.

I’ve convinced myself we are ‘due one’ against the bigoted two this season. In almost all of the seasons we have been in the top flight we have taken something from them at least once, even if it was just a point. 
So far this season, in a season where they’ve both been dropping points all over the shop, we have played them seven times, lost seven times, scored 1 and conceded 16.
So, we must be due something, right? And where better to get it at home to a stuttering Rangers. We are certainly out of form - just one point from our last four games, but so are they. They’re winless in three league games and in their last they’ve lost to lowly Ross County and - annoyingly for us - drew to Dundee. 
0-2

Despite what is at stake, I simply cannot wish that lot any luck. 

G'wan the Saints. Means we have to beat the other lot too (makes it interesting). 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Despite what is at stake, I simply cannot wish that lot any luck. 

G'wan the Saints. Means we have to beat the other lot too (makes it interesting). 

Thank you. 

Watching the end of the Dons/Celtic game the other day, despite what a Celtic win meant for 5th place, I still found myself wanting Aberdeen to win.

It's just impossible to root for them on any level.

55 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Watching the end of the Dons/Celtic game the other day, despite what a Celtic win meant for 5th place, I still found myself wanting Aberdeen to win.

It's just impossible to root for them on any level.

Likewise, was in the pub with my Aberdeen supporting pal and found myself celebrating when Aberdeen scored. Must be something in the subconscious that pulls us all together in mutual hatred/disgust of the pair of them. It’s about doing what’s right and backing either of them is never right. 

Thank you. 

Hopefully we give them something to boo about though with our leaky defence and poor shooting skills that may not happen.  

1 - 2 and a tight game.

Sorry, but I am once again struggling to understand why any Dundee fan would want St Mirren to win any further games this season, and same for us with Dundee. If St Mirren’s opponent is Celtic, The Allstar 2012 Franchise, Hearts, or Killie - it shouldn’t matter a fcuk. Dark blues fans should want to see us pumped.

I don’t get it, I can’t get it. Our primary concerns should be what is best for St Mirren and Dundee. If what’s best for St Mirren is for Dundee to get skelped by an Old Firm side, then for that game only, I want the Old Firm side to win. I’m not cheering FOR an arse cheek, I’m simply wanting the best result, the best outcome for my team. I make zero apology for that. 

On 25/04/2024 at 14:32, pozbaird said:

Sorry, but I am once again struggling to understand why any Dundee fan would want St Mirren to win any further games this season, and same for us with Dundee. If St Mirren’s opponent is Celtic, The Allstar 2012 Franchise, Hearts, or Killie - it shouldn’t matter a fcuk. Dark blues fans should want to see us pumped.

I don’t get it, I can’t get it. Our primary concerns should be what is best for St Mirren and Dundee. If what’s best for St Mirren is for Dundee to get skelped by an Old Firm side, then for that game only, I want the Old Firm side to win. I’m not cheering FOR an arse cheek, I’m simply wanting the best result, the best outcome for my team. I make zero apology for that. 

But it’s cool to hate a group so much that you cheer for results against them even if they’re detrimental to your own teams success!

On 25/04/2024 at 14:32, pozbaird said:

But you're forgetting about the performative "I hate them more than you!!!!" hot takes, though.

1 hour ago, stressball said:

But it’s cool to hate a group so much that you cheer for results against them even if they’re detrimental to your own teams success!

I’ll cheer for whoever is playing an ugly sister in the vast majority of games, until it becomes so clear cut that to do that would be daft. Wanting Aberdeen out of the Scottish Cup being a prime example. Until those ‘clear as day’ occasions come around, my attitude is very much FTOF.

I’ve never understood why Buds don’t go to these games. They sing stupid songs and make stupid noises but that honestly never bothers me. I guess I just zone if out and even if I could make out their noise I would just ignore it.