🔴🔵 The Caley v Morton 🔵🔵

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Very funny to end up finishing 5th after that, and generally being abysmal for two thirds of the season.

Might have been something to do with the Bodywarmer Bielsa having given you nine points on a silver platter, without which 9th would have been irrelevant for weeks.

13 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The second best defensive record in the league trophy is being helicoptered into Inverness as we speak

The second worst scoring record trophy will be with it.

15 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Muirhead's one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen in a Morton shirt. 21 goals/assists in all comps this season which is hard to replace at this level, yet you wouldn't be losing sleep if he ended up leaving. 

Will lose sleep next season if we can't find anyone who can replace him.

Strikers are the hardest position to fill. Someone who has scored that amount of goals and you don't really.care if he leaves? Seriously?

35 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't want to alarm Caley fans, but I looked at the QP game and Airdrie were literally recreating the Simpsons soccer scene for a full minute, rarely have I seen a team so unmotivated.

4 Airdrie subs on the 62nd minute didn't help.

While Inverness are happily spending well above their means, could they splash some of that cash on a pub closer to the stadium? 

Thought Inverness played reasonably well, some of our players played like they didn’t want to get injured, French struggled out of position and Napier doubled down on recent criticism by seeking as much attention as possible.

Credit to Blues who showed his value with a solid performance at right back, he’s a must keep for me. I stand by my opinion that Muirhead’s stats will be almost impossible to replace with one player and we should be figuring out how best to accommodate him, rather than releasing him. P

Congratulations to Inverness and their fanbase on their terrific achievement of a positive goal difference record. Truly a night that'll live long in the memory. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

What an extraordinary few minutes Morton served up in what was a nothing game for them. 

There was unmitigated rage at the stonewall penalty, the keeper went full Martinez but without the save, the arthritic Muirhead went tonto after he wasn't kicked so he kicked a breeze block wall to make up for it, the referee had to appeal to Broadfoot for calm, the referee had to appeal to Imrie for calm and then the penny dropped. 

3 hours ago, sophia said:

What an extraordinary few minutes Morton served up in what was a nothing game for them. 

There was unmitigated rage at the stonewall penalty, the keeper went full Martinez but without the save, the arthritic Muirhead went tonto after he wasn't kicked so he kicked a breeze block wall to make up for it, the referee had to appeal to Broadfoot for calm, the referee had to appeal to Imrie for calm and then the penny dropped. 

Hope Montrose and (if strictly necessary) Alloa or Hamilton are as entertaining for you.

x

2 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

c***s arguing over whether Greenock or Inverness is the best is like two big fat lassies arguing and ones laughing at the other for wearing leggins. 

Agreed. Port Glasgow comfortably a better option than both.

Interesting to hear imrie and blues say in their post match interviews that the calendar players said it was never a penalty. I thought it was harsh at the time but watching the highlights it looks more of a penalty although hard to say for definite.  Napier was absolutely terrible last night but we can't excuse Muirheads reactions which led to him being sent off. Glad to hear Dougie mention that.

Happy to finish 5th although it's bitter sweet as the wheels came off at just the wrong time. Admittedly Ayr, Dunfermline and QP could say the same. 

Here's hoping caley, ferguson and that diving p***k Samuel go right down.

Obviously the football club can get fucked, especially so while they employ such luminaries as Scot Gardiner and Duncan Ferguson, but I'm not having this slander of Inverness as a place. Excellent pubs, given the choice I'll take a night out in Inverness over Glasgow or Edinburgh any day. It's not quite got the scenery of the Clyde Riviera, but much like Greenock it is objectively a much nicer place than the many hovels in the central belt which have the misfortune to be nowhere near a river or sea.

16 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

f**k Morton, f**k Queen's Park, mon The Caley. Simple as.

Can I just say thanks to you guys for giving us Welsh and Sheridan - both have been instrumental in our drive to remain in the Championship. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Can I just say thanks to you guys for giving us Welsh and Sheridan - both have been instrumental in our drive to remain in the Championship. 

Get your diddy wee stadium sorted for next season 

Edited by Cowshed

6 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Sheridan needs tested for performance enhancing drugs. Simply cannot be the same player I saw play for Caley Thistle.

30 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Nobody else in the Championship has come close to 100 bookings, not in the last 20 years anyway. 

Next highest total is 90. That was also Morton. Last season. 

Can anyone draw any conclusions from that?