24/25 - New Kits

4 hours ago, velo army said:

I quite like the Raith top and think that the "shocker" descriptions are a touch hyperbolic. That Airdrie shirt is really nice. I like original designs and I can't think of a single club I've ever seen who have a diamond on their shirt. Brescia's V is the only thing that's come close. 

Nice strip,but also FUCKIIINNN BOOOOO!!!.

CE Europa of Barcelona.

image_2024-07-10_163923724.png

5 hours ago, velo army said:

I quite like the Raith top and think that the "shocker" descriptions are a touch hyperbolic. That Airdrie shirt is really nice. I like original designs and I can't think of a single club I've ever seen who have a diamond on their shirt. Brescia's V is the only thing that's come close. 

Nice strip,but also FUCKIIINNN BOOOOO!!!.

Being a bit of a pedant here. 😋

Vissel Kobe in Japan,

Shop Asics Football Shirts | UP TO 52% OFFasics football shirts for Sale,Up To OFF 63%

Boavista

Boavista 2023-2024 Away Concept Football Kit (Libero) | Fruugo MY

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Being a bit of a pedant here. 😋

Vissel Kobe in Japan,

Shop Asics Football Shirts | UP TO 52% OFFasics football shirts for Sale,Up To OFF 63%

Boavista

Boavista 2023-2024 Away Concept Football Kit (Libero) | Fruugo MY

Aye I'm sure there are loads of teams that have used that pattern. Airdrie's diamond is inimical to their strip rather than merely being a one off.

As an aside, that Boavista top is marvellous. Red diamonds instead of white (Airdrie connection aside) and I'd have that as a jags home top.

Are Dunfermline purposely holding back their away strip as a surprise, or are they scrambling about for one at the last minute after binning the manufacturer when they saw the home kit?

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Are Dunfermline purposely holding back their away strip as a surprise, or are they scrambling about for one at the last minute after binning the manufacturer when they saw the home kit?

It's coming tomorrow, thanks for asking 

Screenshot_20240710_133925_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.7585988ccb0978d674457cba83150a8d2.jpg.02bfacc0e35c49a0810fc88eba8db41b.jpg

10 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

Accies fans still waiting. Only our 150th anniversary, no rush.

A lot of promises were made this time last year that things would be different for this season. We were told at a forum just after relegation that the strips to commemorate the 150th were already being developed. Really poor as we are always last / never ready for a new season. Looks like league cup in last year's kit again!

12 minutes ago, Beckford said:

A lot of promises were made this time last year that things would be different for this season. We were told at a forum just after relegation that the strips to commemorate the 150th were already being developed. Really poor as we are always last / never ready for a new season. Looks like league cup in last year's kit again!

It was strange how Accies wore Joma kits once (in the 2023 Challenge Cup Final) then never again.

Didn't like the all red back, but I assumed that was going to be their 23/24 kit.

4 hours ago, Beckford said:

Just out of interest, is it still going to be 'LF Sports' making your kits this season? I had a player kit in hand and the quality seemed very poor, as did the fit.

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Just out of interest, is it still going to be 'LF Sports' making your kits this season? I had a player kit in hand and the quality seemed very poor, as did the fit.

We were told LF were for one season and the quality issues were due to them having to step in at the last minute and bail the club out from the previous shambles. 

Agree, that the quality was poor but admit to having bought a good few items in support of what they were trying to do. To be fair it was the widest range of merch we have had in my lifetime. This is one of the reasons why this year's been such a disappointment  (so far)

I understand there are still a lot of ownership and behind the scenes dealings to be resolved at the club   (which I fully support, McGowan has to be fully removed) but surely kits and social  media, websites etc are the type of stuff that should be easy. Especially given its been a source of frustration for accies fans for many years

Edited by Beckford

7 minutes ago, Beckford said:

We were told LF were for one season and the quality issues were due to them having to step in at the last minute and bail the club out from the previous shambles. 

Agree, that the quality was poor but admit to having bought a good few items in support of what they were trying to do. To be fair it was the widest range of mech we have had in my lifetime. This is one of the reasons why this year's been such a disappointment  (so far)

I understand there are still a lot of ownership and behind the scenes dealings to be resolved at the club   (which I fully support, McGowan has to be fully removed) but surely kits and social  media, websites etc are the type of stuff that should be easy. Especially given its been a source of frustration for accies fans for many years

I do remember thinking that last seasons accies top was poor. It’s hard to get red and white hoops wrong but they somehow managed it 

IMG_3978.jpeg

Edited by Diamond1924

14 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

I do remember thinking that last seasons accies top was poor. It’s hard to get red and white hoops wrong but they somehow managed it 

IMG_3978.jpeg

I liked the design. This was how Accies looked, more or less, when I started supporting them in 1980. And actual hoops for the first time since 2005. But many replicas were not replicas - badge on the red hoops, sponsor on the white - yet many fans still handed over £45 for them. My medium hasn't been worn much but after three washes is now a small! I'll bet it's still LF, they're a Turkish firm and our owner is Turkish.

Edited by Owsley 2

Yeah full hoops is the only home kit Accies should wear IMO. 

I was told the kit supplier this season will be Curts or something like that. (apparently some link to kappa) As with anything  to do with Accies though, I don't know the source or likelihood of anything coming out of the club being based on fact.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Screenshot_20240711_190745_Opera.thumb.jpg.566f3a54a5ca557da2b5bc2de17fa90a.jpg

That's the strip competition over. We've won it at a canter.

I rate that a lot, but (and I know it's a small point to most people) it annoys me when the colours of a team's badge are changed to match the kit.

9 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Can't beleive I'll be buying a football top at full price in a season where I think we'll be relegated. 

But here we are. An absolute belter. 

We'll get back to both teams playing in home colours in the Fife derby. Pity both teams' away kits are better than the home.