Aberdeen v St. Johnstone (If anyone cares)

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Was quite impressed by Phillips in our last game. We need some grit in the middle; he’s out of contract and young enough to develop and sell. Worth a look? Should be relatively inexpensive but maybe not Balkan enough. @RandomGuy., what do the radars say compared to our current options? Say Shinnie, Baron and Polvara?

I'd happily drive him up the road for you. 

55 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Starting to think i may not have a future in scouting 

Folk are being harsh, IMO. Phillips is one who'll probably struggle at a better side who see more possession, as he really struggles to be consistent with all types of passes.

Give him freedom to push up and press opponents and he'll be an asset to someone like Aberdeen though IMO. Barron, Phillips, McGrath would be a great CM trio for this league IMO.

Funnily this thinks Shinnie this season is the most similar to Phillips, if I look through Aberdeen players. Might be a decent, leggier, replacement.

shin.thumb.png.e8ada0ca51ca98fe819d3062d42d11ed.png

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

Was quite impressed by Phillips in our last game. We need some grit in the middle; he’s out of contract and young enough to develop and sell. Worth a look? Should be relatively inexpensive but maybe not Balkan enough. @RandomGuy., what do the radars say compared to our current options? Say Shinnie, Baron and Polvara?

He’s our best outfield player, however faint that praise may be.

Energetic, good tackler and can twist and turn his way out of trouble. As mentioned, it’d be good to see him alongside more creative players as he can be wasteful in possession.

Regardless of some Saints fans on here not rating him, without him in our team right now our midfield would be many times worse!

Phillips is a bottom six player on his best days, barely passable in the championship on an off day. He does the difficult things well then will misplace a simple five yard pass. He's indisciplined at times (although not as bad as he was), loses runners constantly and doesn't really offer anything going forward (which I appreciate isn't his role in the team).

I don't disagree that he's one of our best outfield players, I just think that sums up perfectly where we are right now as he wouldn't even get on the bench in our double winning season. 

Pelters for this maybe but...

Mitov

Keltjens - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson

Wright - MacPherson - Phillips - Jaiyesimi 

Sidibeh - Kimpioka

Is probably our best 11 just now until Sprangler is back? Get them on the park and let's see what happens in the next 4 games (and potentially play offs). 

Posted (edited)

Looking like this will be our last game with the Browns as owners too.

Be good if they get to go out on a high.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking like this will be our last game with the Browns as owners too.

Still wondering what Adam Webb made of it when Stan Harris introduced him to the rest of the current board, geriatric Geoff, Swiss Toni and Roddy, who was sat in the corner trying to send a fax.

Just now, Radford said:

Still wondering what Adam Webb made of it when Stan Harris introduced him to the rest of the current board, geriatric Geoff, Swiss Toni and Roddy, who was sat in the corner trying to send a fax.

Aye. Here's a retired 80yo, a retired car salesman, and an ex-footballer who's up in court for drunken assault and has no transferable skills. You figure out why we've struggled to act like a football club.

Suspect/hope over the course of the next 12 months we'll see a shift in who's there. Do think there'll be some controversy when he tries to either dilute shares, or buy shares, of fans to allow other American investors to own a part of the club too though.

12 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I see Peter Leven has been admitted to hospital. Hope he makes a full recovery. Game is secondary to health. 

FMB gathering the coaches this morning to them they're being promoted.

a9210df5-c84a-4c06-9f6b-6530e1cb3df4_text.gif.e0f9a3f2a469f6cf93565eb6c35ebaf5.gif

Posted (edited)

I was thinking after the Youth Cup final the other night that Scott Anderson must be the next cab off the rank for the interim gig in February next season. An earlier than expected opportunity to stake his claim today. 

Edited by DrewDon

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pelters for this maybe but...

Mitov

Keltjens - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson

Wright - MacPherson - Phillips - Jaiyesimi 

Sidibeh - Kimpioka

Is probably our best 11 just now until Sprangler is back? Get them on the park and let's see what happens in the next 4 games (and potentially play offs). 

One of that back four is out for the rest of the season

15 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

One of that back four is out for the rest of the season

Some would be more of a blow than others.