Partick Thistle (4)🔴🟡⚫️ vs Airdrieonians (3)♦️

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bennett said:

That was an enjoyable game, Airdrie probably edged it.

Agreed - as a neutral really good game - really enjoyed it- 👏👏👏- neither team good enough for Premiership - but who cares- why go up and get beat by the bigot brothers - Championship most competitive and enjoyable league  in Scotland- well done both teams.

Edited by Its not only a game

Posted (edited)

Better result for us than it is for Airdrie IMO. Thought they were the better side for most of the game, that said Brian should probably score his chance late on. We need to play better on Friday though, gave Airdrie too much time and space to dictate play especially in midfield. Not sure the change to a 3-5-2 really did much for us, I didn’t think we’d started the half too bad goal aside, it definitely didn’t improve us - interesting to see how we set up at Firhill now. Cracker of a goal from McBeth, looked like he thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Edited by JagsCG

4 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Agreed - as a neutral really good game - really enjoyed it- 👏👏👏- neither team good enough for Premiership - but who cares- why go up and get beat by the bigot brothers - Championship most competitive and enjoyable league  in Scotland- well done both teams.

Neither team have to be at this stage. 

Pleasing to see the players work out a way to deal with Airdrie's start, in the first half.  They play some nice football.  Enjoyable game and will take that result.

Just now, Duke Gekantawa said:

Both teams have much better home records than away records (only Arbroath has a worse away record than Airdrie), so it does seem the advantage is with us

This ain’t the league boy. That nonsense doesn’t come into it

20 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

While I obviously want us to win the playoffs, I’m not that enamoured with playing in the Premiership it must be said. Obviously the arse cheeks have something to do with it, but mainly VAR

57 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Megwa was excellent against us the other week as well

Class act, destroys Fitzpatrick any day of the week.  More event contest the 2nd half with him and Milne who's also a good player.

Another year to run on his Hibs contract but no shortage of suitors next season, if they look to offload him.

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

Enjoyed that game. It pains me to say it but Airdrie play a very attractive game of football. Great to watch.

You're a neutral mate, just enjoy it!

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Enjoyed that game. It pains me to say it but Airdrie play a very attractive game of football. Great to watch.

Come on. You should know this already 

Posted (edited)

Really poor performance and a lot of our players looked shattered in the last 10 minutes. Wee right back was terrific for Airdrie and I would be looking at him as a possible replacement if McMillan leaves. We played for 20 minutes tonight so to go back to Firhill at even stevens is a result in itself but there is plenty of football to be played in this tie yet!!

Edited by Sting777

Good game.

Airdrie started well. Thought Milne was poor for the goal.

Partick finished 1st half well. Cracking goal from McBeth.

Partick started 2nd half well.
Airdrie finished the stronger.

Draw fair result.

Partick will be happier but all to play for on Friday. Looking forward to it.

Whats with the back 3s?

Really enjoyed the game but frustrated not to win. I said before the game I felt we had to win tonight and that feels especially apparent given we dominated large spells. 

It feels like often start big home games at a high tempo and we did that tonight, great early goal and then plenty of pressure. Mitchell’s treatment killed our momentum though and I thought Thistle were very much in the game for the rest of the half. McBeth’s goal was ridiculous, one of those strikes that’s either hitting the corner or the car park, sadly it wasn’t the latter 

I thought Doolan killed Thistle a bit in the second half. Airdrie were perhaps slightly on top but we dominated as soon as Thistle changed to a back three, as it allowed us to always have a spare man when building from the back. I suppose they got the draw out of it though and it’s a better result for them. I expect they’ll start quickly on Friday night and look to get an early goal.

Telfer had an excellent game but I thought Megwa was phenomenal tonight. Enjoyed him being bundled over  yet still managing to keep control of the ball, get up and run past a Thistle player at least twice.

2-2 on the night was a fair result. Megwa had a great game. I really like Milne as a player, had a good game tonight and also played really well against us at Firhill. Thistle's first goal was a peach, frustrating as both their goals came from sloppy passing/defending on our part. We'll need to bust a gut to turn this around on Friday night but this should be treated as a free hit for us. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to pens which will suit our shot-stopping keeper who shites it from crosses! 4th place and the Trust Trophy is our best season in years, anything else is a bonus and that's why Thistle should be very wary on Friday. We really have nothing to lose by going for it!