🔴🔵 The Caley v Montrose 🔵🔵

8 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Not just any thread, but any game too.  One of the key benefits of relegation should be that we won't need to play Inverness, so I'm infuriated that those useless b*****ds have got themselves into the playoffs. 

Amen brother 

Fairly explanatory team - 

Ridgers

---Savage--Devine--Boyes--

-Kerr--------------------Harper--

-----Longstaff-ANderson-Lawall--

--------Samuel---Mckay-------

Same old stuff, very slow build up, playing very deep.  BIlly Mckay dropping back to get the ball which is sent long after that to Sameul with four defenders round him.

Montrose forcing Ridgers into a good save, only real chance so far.

Just now, Sir Tarmo said:

Win, lose or draw here, it’s blatantly obvious we don’t have it in us to get through these 4 games safely. We’re down.

Yep.  I don't think there's a Caley team I've ever watched that I have less confidence in to gut out some results.

We just had our first shot on goal after 40 minutes though!  Pumped up now.

£15 well spent to watch the Caley centre backs pass it between each other all night. No attacking threat whatsoever. I actually thought Billy McKay had swapped with Cam Harper at one point and was playing left back. Criminal to have McAllister on the bench - I would happily bring him on for Longstaff and Anderson combined.

Poor, passive first half performance from Caley here. Montrose had the better of the play and the chances. We picked up the intensity and started playing in their half for 5 minutes at the end there, hopefully we can build on that second half.

Posted (edited)

Lawal our best so far, slick and Montrose defenders finding him a handful, Montrose man marking and shutting down far better than us for the first 30 minutes, Mackay to deep and he should be on Samuels shoulder with Lawal in behind them if we are to get anything from the game.

Far too much Alf Ramsay square passing wasting time, better winging balls to Harper and Longstaff.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

Lawal our best so far, slick and Montrose defenders finding him a handful, Montrose man marking and shutting down far better than us for the first 30 minutes, Mackay to deep and he should be on Samuels shoulder with Lawal in behind them if we are to get anything from the game.

Far too much Alf Ramsay square passing wasting time, better winging balls to Harper and Longstaff.

I'm actually surprised Longstaff got  the start tonight after how ineffective he was against Morton