The dull dull dull John Swinney thread

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

The point I was trying - but clearly failing - to make was that the hyperbole of 51% of the population being taxed less was of such marginal benefit that anyone other than the most politically minded might actually notice, such is it’s minuscule benefit. 

Conversely, the fact that the top rate of tax applies to fewer than 40,000 taxpayers is never ever mentioned, as evidenced by the likes of @HulltoonDee claiming that all Scots are being taxed to death.

There are two sides to every coin.

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Conversely, the fact that the top rate of tax applies to fewer than 40,000 taxpayers is never ever mentioned, as evidenced by the likes of @HulltoonDee claiming that all Scots are being taxed to death.

There are two sides to every coin.

Yes, but to paraphrase a notorious Falkirk-based bigot, if you tax them them they'll all go and move somewhere else where they don't have to pay tax, and then we won't have them around anymore, which would be sad because we'd miss them  :(

Kate Frobes in as his deputy and minister for the Economy and Gaelic.  That's it, that's all the changes.  Everyone in the same job they were under Yousaf.  Not sure what has happened to the Circular Economy gig, as someone on here noted, maybe the circular economy has been triangulated.

Patrick Harvie has expressed surprise at Kate Forbes getting the gig due to her "startling" conservative social views.  I mean, fair enough, but Harvie was in the same Cabinet as Forbes for years without raising any issues about her views, startling or otherwise.

That’s me resigning my SNP membership.  Can’t see me voting for them in any elections either.

Why is it that an avowed racist would never get a position like Deputy Leader but it’s OK to appoint an avowed homophobe?

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s me resigning my SNP membership.  Can’t see me voting for them in any elections either.

Why is it that an avowed racist would never get a position like Deputy Leader but it’s OK to appoint an avowed homophobe?

^^^ loves the boaby. 

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Who's getting your vote now? There are always a ton of options for Holyrood.

Apparently there's a far-right environmental party. They sound like fun.

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Kate Forbes

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Good riddance to a hypocritical, Brexit-voting aphobe. 

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Kate Forbes as Deputy First Minister?  Scotland going backward. 

Don't disagree but Labour have just welcomed the reincarnation of Oswald Mosely into their ranks FFS.

I think uniting the party and the independence movement in general is a smart idea. This new people’s government that Swinney has announced will squeeze both the Greens and Alba.

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Please yourself but it might be worth waiting to see what her public actions look like rather than her personal beliefs. You've had and you have a massive issue with all religions - that's also fine. But you didn't resign when a practicing Muslim took up post in Bute House - knowing full well the challenges that face many minority groups in a number of Islamic societies. 

If it's been ok to give Humza the benefit of the doubt, why not Forbes? 

Can you vote for a Labour party that's happy to have Elphicke but not Corbyn? Alba? 

Wherever you go in politics just now, you soon run into people who don't align to your precise way of thinking. The Greens on trans rights alienate a lot of people. Lunatics like Rowling and their condemnation of the trans community - same issue but opposite end. 

The world of politics just now is full of people who can't compromise. Jump aboard. 

15 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Don't disagree but Labour have just welcomed the reincarnation of Oswald Mosely into their ranks FFS.

After her husband was jailed for sexual assault she complained that he was being punished for being attracted to women, and being attractive to them.

On 06/05/2024 at 14:08, Granny Danger said:

The ‘SNP BAD’ crowd seem very upset that this has all been settled without fallout with the ranks.  Poor wee shame.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Ageing like a fine wine, this. 

41 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Who's getting your vote now? There are always a ton of options for Holyrood.

Apparently there's a far-right environmental party. They sound like fun.

Probably Greens.