Top 6 St Mirren v Top 6 Kilmarnock. Euro flights fae’ Renfrewshire International & Prestwick.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

I think even if we beat them Dundee will lose to Killie.

Dundee fans before our game seemed to think that the relationship between the managers would mean Killie would lay down to Dundee if needed and Killie had nothing to play for.

Not saying that would have happened, but I do think if it's us and Killie for 4th, and Dundee with zero to play for, that a win at Celtic Park wouldn't be enough for us.

Unless we win 15-0.

Will be 14-0 and VAR will rule out our 15th on 90+7 minutes. It’s a conspiracy to ensure we win the ‘shafted most by VAR’ title 2023/24.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

I think even if we beat them Dundee will lose to Killie.

Dundee fans before our game seemed to think that the relationship between the managers would mean Killie would lay down to Dundee if needed and Killie had nothing to play for.

Not saying that would have happened, but I do think if it's us and Killie for 4th, and Dundee with zero to play for, that a win at Celtic Park wouldn't be enough for us.

Unless we win 15-0.

It’s one thing to think that Killie will beat Dundee because they are a better team, but utter nonsense to suggest that Tony Doc would send a team of professional footballers out to deliberately lose a match, just because he’s pals with the manager of the other team.

Anyone thinking that is a realistic possibility is an idiot (and I know you weren’t saying that, merely quoting some Dundee fans).

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyone thinking that is a realistic possibility is an idiot.

Nah, that can't be right. I know loads of Hearts fans who think... Ah. Never mind.

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

But 4th place gets you at least 4 ties in Europe 5th place only gets a guaranteed two games. 

It could be an interesting final 2 games if the gaps only 3 pts come 5pm Saturday.

How does that work? I thought 4th just meant you joined a round later - i thought it was still knock out so if you lose that, you still just get 2 games?

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It’s all set up for St Mirren to grab 4th by beating a Celtic team who are in party mode and eyeing the Scottish Cup final, having clinched the title already…..

…..erm, bookmark this? 😛

They still owe us for 1986.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

How does that work? I thought 4th just meant you joined a round later - i thought it was still knock out so if you lose that, you still just get 2 games?

I think if lose your match in the Europa league, you drop into the second qualifying round of the Conference league.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think if lose your match in the Europa league, you drop into the second qualifying round of the Conference league.

The team finishing 5th will go into the Conference League 2nd Qualifying Round.

4th will go into the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round. If they lose they'll go into the Conference League 3rd Qualifying Round. 

34 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Europa League QR 2, if knocked out, drop into the Conference League QR 3.

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s one thing to think that Killie will beat Dundee because they are a better team, but utter nonsense to suggest that Tony Doc would send a team of professional footballers out to deliberately lose a match, just because he’s pals with the manager of the other team.

Anyone thinking that is a realistic possibility is an idiot (and I know you weren’t saying that, merely quoting some Dundee fans).

I think even the Dundee fans were suggesting that this would only apply in their favour if it was a dead rubber for Kilmarnock.

And even then I didn't take it that they thought Killie would go out intending to lose, more that they had nothing to play for and that McInnes wouldn't be overly upset if meant his mate made it in to Europe with him.

4 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Europa League QR 2, if knocked out, drop into the Conference League QR 3.

Ah didnt realise 4th got europa league, i thought both 4th and 5th went into conference.

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

Ah didnt realise 4th got europa league, i thought both 4th and 5th went into conference.

Hearts get the cup winners stop, we would then get the Europa League spot that was meant for 3rd in the league (assuming we finish 4th)>

21 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Killie are the sort of proper team that'd make it worthwhile building extra away capacity for. 

If I won the Euromillions, I'd add a tier to the away stand and still close half of it when Celtic and Rangers visit.

It is what it is, usually they sell out the week they went on sale, this time they were sold out almost instantly. 

There's about 200 folk in a queue for Dens tickets just now, no idea why as we'll get the full stand if needed even if we sell the initial 2000. 

20 hours ago, Friskysteed said:

I know. It was the same with us last week. Just release the full stand and maybe you’ll get more people buying tickets. Also, it was cash only at the peh stall 🤦‍♂️

They always only accept cash. Not dodgy at all. 

Anyone wondering why clubs like St Mirren & Killie are ‘Top 6 happy’ even though it doesn’t come with an open top bus parade and a chocolate coin medal - just take one look at the attendance and atmosphere there’s going to be in our DinkyDome Feegie Field of Dreams this Saturday.

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone wondering why clubs like St Mirren & Killie are ‘Top 6 happy’ even though it doesn’t come with an open top bus parade and a chocolate coin medal - just take one look at the attendance and atmosphere there’s going to be in our DinkyDome Feegie Field of Dreams this Saturday.

TBF this fixture always draws a decent crowd.