Top 6 St Mirren v Top 6 Kilmarnock. Euro flights fae’ Renfrewshire International & Prestwick.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Budgets, McInnes, Warnock, Miovski pen" etc, etc ad nauseam

How witty, erudite, and not hypocritical at all.;)

Edited by FTOF

Should be a good atmosphere. Killie bring a great support with them. Lets hope there is a good game to match. 

Too close to call. Hoping for a home win and a Dundee loss. I can't see us catching Killie. 

Don't care where we end up passport ready more importantly the misses permission granted . Being an old git have enjoyed St Etienne, Feyenoord , Mechlin it's one of the best times you will have at the football. Don't miss it. 

6 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

True for the Europa but probably not the Conference league.

Cliftonville will be in the draw for the Conference 2nd Qualifying Round with the our 5th placed team. Also Connah's Quay, Bala Town, Linfield and Crusaders / Coleraine should they get through the 1st Round. Don't know how seeding will work though.

The Conference 2nd Qualifying Round will have a massive 102 teams involved: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024–25_UEFA_Conference_League_qualifying_phase_and_play-off_round

Killie (assuming they finish 4th) will be one of just 16 in the Europa 2nd Qualifying Round: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024–25_UEFA_Europa_League_qualifying_phase_and_play-off_round

You wash your mouth out and don't ever mention that name in front of our fans 😰

11 hours ago, Ric said:

It's a nice thing to know, but I have to say I have very low expectations irrespective of who we draw. The record of non-OF clubs in Euro competition does not fill me with much hope, even if I think Robinson is a decent manager.

Aye, it's the same with the league cup matches, even with good managers, etc, Scottish premiership clubs just aren't ready for these games when they roll round. Combine that with a draw against a team that's season is already in fully swing, like the Irish or Scandinavian teams and it's a recipe for disaster.

Draw or Killie 1-0 all over it. Can't see us breaking the McInnes hoodoo this weekend.

I noticed Van Veen got slightly more than his usual 10 minute run out against Rangers. Is there any chance he starts this one? 

21 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Draw or Killie 1-0 all over it. Can't see us breaking the McInnes hoodoo this weekend.

I noticed Van Veen got slightly more than his usual 10 minute run out against Rangers. Is there any chance he starts this one? 

I'd prefer him to start over Vassel or even Watkins to be honest. Vassel bullies most of our defence and Watkins has been terrific when I've seen him this season.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say a narrow St Mirren win here. We've played well the past couple of weeks and we're due a result against Kilmarnock. 

Killie have already qualified for Europe, we haven't, there's been a lotta hubristic posts by Saints fans on P&B since Saturday teatime - my advice :shutup.

33 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

I don't think we'll be letting Vassell go for his operation until 4th is guaranteed, so I don't expect KVV to start over him against St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, btb said:

Killie have already qualified for Europe, we haven't, there's been a lotta hubristic posts by Saints fans on P&B since Saturday teatime - my advice :shutup.

But 4th place gets you at least 4 ties in Europe 5th place only gets a guaranteed two games. 

It could be an interesting final 2 games if the gaps only 3 pts come 5pm Saturday.

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

But 4th place gets you at least 4 ties in Europe 5th place only gets a guaranteed two games. 

It could be an interesting final 2 games if the gaps only 3 pts come 5pm Saturday.

Your GD is far superior to ours.

Even in the unlikely event of us actually winning on Saturday, our margin of victory is unlikely to put a dent in that.

You're safe in 4th, put your reserves out.;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

My point was that you are already guaranteed 5th at worst whereas it's possible we could finish 6th and not qualify.

I have no real interest in Saints qualifying for Europe except as a GIRFUY to certain other P&B posters and look forward to us dragging down the "co-efficient".

Fuck UEFA and all their corrupt competitions!

Edited by btb

Posted (edited)

I have a real interest in St Mirren qualifying for Europe because it represents a tangible improvement from last year’s 6th spot, to 5th, and, however short it may last, it at least gives our younger fans the ability to say they saw us play European football. You could sit here and say fcuk UEFA, fcuk all UEFA competitions - every bit as much as you could say fcuk VAR, fcuk the Tories, fcuk Nonce Andrew, fcuk the Old Firm, fcuk off to die Livingston FC - a view anyone is perfectly entitled to hold, of course. 

Nah, I’m voting for European qualification. I’m worried about Tynecastle though. Those bitter Jambo chunts are now guaranteed 3rd spot following Killie’s defeat in Mordor. Dundee might well do them there. 

Edited by pozbaird

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Budgets, McInnes, Warnock, Miovski pen" etc, etc ad nauseam

I'd forgotten all about that episode.

Thanks for the reminder!

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

It’ll be nice to play 11 v 11 again instead of 10 vs 15 (plus the VAR room).

Says a fan of the team who've had 5 VAR mistakes in their favour, and 0 against...

... as they're about to play the team at the other end of the VAR table with 0 mistakes for us and 4 against.

No chance we're finishing 4th, even if we win on Saturday we still need to beat Hearts and for Celtic to beat Killie.

Not wildly impossible - but that leaves us needing to better Killie's result on the last game of the season when they go to Dens and we go to Celtic Park.

Let's just make sure we get 5th.

49 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

No chance we're finishing 4th, even if we win on Saturday we still need to beat Hearts and for Celtic to beat Killie.

Not wildly impossible - but that leaves us needing to better Killie's result on the last game of the season when they go to Dens and we go to Celtic Park.

Let's just make sure we get 5th.

It’s all set up for St Mirren to grab 4th by beating a Celtic team who are in party mode and eyeing the Scottish Cup final, having clinched the title already…..

…..erm, bookmark this? 😛

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s all set up for St Mirren to grab 4th by beating a Celtic team who are in party mode and eyeing the Scottish Cup final, having clinched the title already…..

…..erm, bookmark this? 😛

I think even if we beat them Dundee will lose to Killie.

Dundee fans before our game seemed to think that the relationship between the managers would mean Killie would lay down to Dundee if needed and Killie had nothing to play for.

Not saying that would have happened, but I do think if it's us and Killie for 4th, and Dundee with zero to play for, that a win at Celtic Park wouldn't be enough for us.

Unless we win 15-0.