Top 6 St Mirren v Top 6 Kilmarnock. Euro flights fae’ Renfrewshire International & Prestwick.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

It's unnerving as this is all so cordial.

Pie munching clowns, second best team in Ayrshire, Ranjurz song singing freaks. 

GIRFRY. 

#wehateeverycunt

Always think the debate as to which players would get into each others team is a bit daft.

Teams like ours are usually more than the sum of our players and, unless you support the team, you don't get to see what each player may or may not offer to the team.

Have to say that guy Var at Killie seems decent. Picked up a few extra vital points for you. Sadly we have his twin brother, who has been a bit shite for us and has cost us a few points.:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

St Mirren just aren’t a big enough club to hate or be that bothered about to be honest.

They think they are prime Barca, but they aren’t.

We beat them to be the first British club to win a trophy in Europe, so you shaddap’ ya’ face. 😄😜

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

St Mirren just aren’t a big enough club to hate or be that bothered about to be honest.

They think they are prime Barca, but they aren’t.

Onthank dwelling, foregate roaming scum. I widnae pish on your giro if it was on fire.

How am I doing?

On 08/05/2024 at 16:35, Doctor Sanchez said:

I assume that Saturday will be a sell out again? 

There are fans in East Ayrshire who would literally murder someone to get there hands on a ticket.

18 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Who was the chuffer who said that no St Mirren player would get in the Killie team? I would take Armstrong, Vassell and possibly the goalie but apart from them the teams are evenly matched. 

Mayo & Watson would get into the St Mirren team. 

I'd happily have a fit Strain but i'm struggling to think who else I'd prefer over our current starting 11.

I wouldn't mind Ethan Sutherland, currently on loan at Alloa, thou.

16 hours ago, Lola montez said:

I think Kiltie has started every game for us this season whereas Kennedy has been injury prone. 

Thats poor observation, having played only 1 league game less than Kiltie, Kennedy had the supporters association POTY won around 6/8 weeks ago, he was so far in front he couldn't get caught even if he didn't play again this season.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Kiltie and Hemming have both improved. Kiltie sat on the bench for a weaker St Mirren team than this one.

Can't agree about Hemming, he always had a mistake in him but he commanded his box especially at crosses. That's not the player I've seen this season with St Mirren.

Kiltie was a very promising player with us until both knee injuries set him back. IMO, he was always leaving us at the end of his contract after his uncle John's fallout and resignation at boardroom level.

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Can't agree about Hemming, he always had a mistake in him but he commanded his box especially at crosses. That's not the player I've seen this season with St Mirren.

Kiltie was a very promising player with us until both knee injuries set him back. IMO, he was always leaving us at the end of his contract after his uncle John's fallout and resignation at boardroom level.

Kind of the opposite for us. Excellent shot stopper, confident with the ball at his feet and particularly getting rid of the odd shite pass to him at a rotten height or a bit too fast. Touch wood, he's not really come a cropper on that front. He's also a total shithouser which I love in a keeper.

His command of the area and spatial awareness when there are high, particularly looping crosses into the box is my one proper fear with him and it genuinely worries me as his command in those positions has me holding my breath every time. I'm of the opinion that keepers do need to have a good strong punch in them and he does, but that doesn't mean punch every single time when it's easier to more convenient to catch. He also sort of gets caught a bit in no-mans land at times with the high balls but it's something that can be coached and it's easy to forget he's still only 24.

I'm quite happy to see him hanging about as long as he's not on loan again (loan keepers give me the fear as it's the one position you are really at the mercy of the loaning club fucking up your season by recalling in January) and as long as we don't pay an exuberant amount to Middlesborough for him.

Folk can argue all day about Carson and whether he's a better keeper, but going on this season alone, Hemming has had a better season for us than Carson has had for Dundee.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Folk can argue all day about Carson and whether he's a better keeper, but going on this season alone, Hemming has had a better season for us than Carson has had for Dundee.

Probably, considering Hemming has managed a full season whereas injuries have put paid to Carson's season. 

Despite a few high profile blunders, however, I'd say Carson's been our best keeper since Rab Douglas. Some of the points he gained us early on in the season are why we're top 6. He's definitely got a rush of blood clanger in him but overall he's been excellent.

Goalkeepers seem to be like buses though - as we seem to have another fantastic prospect that's meant we've not missed Carson much in McCracken. He has age on his side so I think most Dees would like us to keep McCracken who can easily be a future Scotland cap (if Zander Clark & Liam Kelly are the standard bearers) but that doesn't diminish what a player Carson has been for us this season.

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm quite happy to see him hanging about as long as he's not on loan again (loan keepers give me the fear as it's the one position you are really at the mercy of the loaning club fucking up your season by recalling in January) and as long as we don't pay an exuberant amount to Middlesborough for him.

Thats my fear with Will Dennis. McInnes has already spoken with Bournemouth about getting him back next year but the article I read from Bournemouth says they'll look at him to compete for their #2 spot pre-season before making a decision.

I'd hate to think we could be be going into Europe waiting till the last minute as Bournemouth will hardly be back when the QR rounds take place, thou I doubt McInnes would let that happen tbh.

18 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Kennedy has played in every single Killie game except two in December when he had a slight knock and also 1 in the cup vs Aberdeen. 

He's played 3,304 minutes for Killie this season. 

Kiltie has played 3,121 mins for St Mirren this season. 

But aye, Kennedy is injury prone.

I think you've just made that up in your head. 

I think both players have improved since they left their last club.

Kennedy was not utilised properly imo at Aberdeen and was in and out of the squad. He's now playing a key role in how Killie play and the change of club and style of play has him back to his best.

Kiltie has been a key figure for us since his move from Killie. I think we experimented with his positioning when he first arrived, though we now get the best out of him and he's easily one of our best performers almost every week.

Wild that St Mirren fans have reservations on Hemming's catching from crosses. In the Championship season he caught every single cross that ever came in to his box, even if it was 10 feet in the air. Was massively his biggest strength. 

Wonder what's happened there. 

4 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Wild that St Mirren fans have reservations on Hemming's catching from crosses. In the Championship season he caught every single cross that ever came in to his box, even if it was 10 feet in the air. Was massively his biggest strength. 

He's a great keeper and has made a huge amount of important saves that have won us points, though if you look at Rangers first goal a couple of weeks ago, thats a wee bit of an example. 

10 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Almost as if it's a lower standard or something.

In all seriousness, Hemming's has flapped at a couple of crosses in televised games but I think over the course of the season dealing with crosses has been fine, and his shot stopping very good. Folk were wetting their knickers when he signed but he's been a perfectly adequate keeper.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably, considering Hemming has managed a full season whereas injuries have put paid to Carson's season. 

Despite a few high profile blunders, however, I'd say Carson's been our best keeper since Rab Douglas. Some of the points he gained us early on in the season are why we're top 6. He's definitely got a rush of blood clanger in him but overall he's been excellent.

Goalkeepers seem to be like buses though - as we seem to have another fantastic prospect that's meant we've not missed Carson much in McCracken. He has age on his side so I think most Dees would like us to keep McCracken who can easily be a future Scotland cap (if Zander Clark & Liam Kelly are the standard bearers) but that doesn't diminish what a player Carson has been for us this season.

We’ve had a decent run of keepers who have done us a turn. Hladky, Alnwick, Carson, Hemming. I do have reservations about Hemming’s decisions at crosses, he seems not to strongly punch them away, he kind of tries to palm them away, but for every clanger, there’s been two good saves. I was pissed off immediately following that Sevco game because that first goal we conceded was a sickener. Genuinely, that rabble were there very much for the taking that day. Anyway, everyone makes mistakes - Fraser & Gogic for the goal we conceded in Dingwall. Keystone cops, but both great players for us and no-one is going to hold that shitshow goal against them.

Warm weather tomorrow excellent : - ) Getting the 10am ferry get to the 1877 club for 12 watch the dark side derby. Into the game should be a great game and atmosphere in the sun. Then to Wemyss Bay station bar owned by a Saints season ticket holder before back home calling into the Indian. Magic not been to the football for ages can't wait.