Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS' next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't normally go below the Championship for these threads as there's usually little activity in them and I'm not quite as clued up on who is likely to be in for it but quite like the QotS posters on here so thought I'd throw it out there.

Usual candidates apply.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't normally go below the Championship for these threads as there's usually little activity in them and I'm not quite as clued up on who is likely to be in for it but quite like the QotS posters on here so thought I'd throw it out there.

Usual candidates apply.

Good work.

Went for Billy Dodds.  Hope I'm proved wrong on this one but our board seem to like the media darling type.  Wouldn't rule out Efe Ambrose either as our club have previous for going for the cheap already at the club option.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Usual candidates apply.

Danny Grainger and Steve Bowey's names have been floated about as well. 

John Hughes is bound to get back in at some point... 

I'm predicting Murphy the now. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

I heard at the start of the week it would be Grainger, but I can’t see past Murphy getting it personally.

4 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I hear Peter Murphy is a friend of our newly appointed BoD member Jim McLinden….

He is. 

I'm not sure what Murphy's job is but if he's in a decent job I can't see him quitting to go FT with us. Unless of course we're going hybrid next season. That's the only thing that makes me think it won't be Murphy. 

Edited by 19QOS19

I'm surprised Klopp isn't on the list.  Yes, he said he was planning a one year sabbatical from management, but surely he could be swayed through the temptation of managing a squad that has already benefited from the tutelage of Bartley.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Katboy said:

Went for Billy Dodds.  Hope I'm proved wrong on this one but our board seem to like the media darling type.  Wouldn't rule out Efe Ambrose either as our club have previous for going for the cheap already at the club option.

Efe doesn't exactly sound Managerial material, it would be hard for him to discipline players when he's proved not to be exactly professional himself. 

27 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think Murphy would be a reasonable appointment, though I’m not sure if him being a close friend of the new director makes it more or less likely.

Otherwise, it’s a pretty uninspiring list. 

I'm sure there will be a few instances of Directors and Managers being friends,  it shouldn't really matter if they both behave professionally.

As for the list, hopefully some of the names are just fillers and not serious.

Edit: Is Berra not coaching in  the US now, can't see him jumping on a plane to rush to an interview at Palmerston.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

3 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I hear Peter Murphy is a friend of our newly appointed BoD member Jim McLinden….

Best buddies who holiday with their respective families.

I would have Peter Murphy at Accies as he knows how to get the best out of a small committed group.

Posted (edited)

Without knowing all of the candidates named, Murphy or McCall would make sense. 

Murphy has done very well at Annan, keeping them up on a low budget, making them really hard to beat (1 loss in last 10 games).

McCall knows the lower leagues, kept Clyde up from a very difficult position, has decent form with promotions.

Both have close ties to the area and understand the club.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

5 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Murphy no chance leaving Annan !

I would say there was more chance of him leaving if Annan has slipped back to Lge2, maybe securing safety in Lge1 would persuade him to stay. I'd still take him or McCall at Queens ahead of some of the other candidates.

The thought of Yogi taking over makes me want us to keep Grant Murray...yes that's how highly I rate him. Just imagine his post match interviews, another comedian we can do without. I would go for David Martindale were he to leave Livingstone. A good track record on a low budget. And he displays a passion and honesty which I think would resonate with our fans. Otherwise would be happy to see Lee Bullen take over.