Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS' next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Billy Dodds would be a good appointment. Don't think Murphy will move. Kevin Thomson might be worth a shout as he'll be needing a job sooner rather than later to stay relevant. 

57 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

The thought of Yogi taking over makes me want us to keep Grant Murray...yes that's how highly I rate him. Just imagine his post match interviews, another comedian we can do without. I would go for David Martindale were he to leave Livingstone. A good track record on a low budget. And he displays a passion and honesty which I think would resonate with our fans. Otherwise would be happy to see Lee Bullen take over.

Imagine Martindale getting the job and Bartley coming back as one of his coaching staff, that would be a hoot. Don't think I'd want Martindale anywhere near the place tbf.

2 minutes ago, FootyReports said:

Billy Dodds would be a good appointment. Don't think Murphy will move. Kevin Thomson might be worth a shout as he'll be needing a job sooner rather than later to stay relevant. 

I have no problem with Billy Dodds but he is unlikely to be interested..

My choice is Iain McCall has just done a great job at Clyde.

Our new director is best friends with Peter Murphy at Annan does that make him a favourite.

54 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Imagine Martindale getting the job and Bartley coming back as one of his coaching staff, that would be a hoot. Don't think I'd want Martindale anywhere near the place tbf.

I'd imagine if Martindale got the boot that Bartley would sweet talk himself into the Livingston job. Thats what he's good at, talking.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't normally go below the Championship for these threads as there's usually little activity in them and I'm not quite as clued up on who is likely to be in for it but quite like the QotS posters on here so thought I'd throw it out there.

Usual candidates apply.

Cheers @Ludo*1.

10 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Somebody asked him on Saturday

He's hardly going to say he's leaving if he's under contract tbf. 

Yogi Hughes - a standard option for all these lists - surely to Christ the names only put there for general entertainment value, please ... please, just no.

Not really sure why but I'm starting to think Danny Grainger (although not on the list) ...

McCall would be a great shout as for me his best attributes are building decent lower league teams. Knows the players down the divisions. Annan and Edinburgh guys would be a good shout, and although they’ve been at the wrong end of table, they’ve both built decent teams that can play football. Hope you get it right as it sounds very similar situation to us last summer. Stenny manager would be with a call however with first ever league title he’d be hard to shift. Best of luck guys.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

McCall would be a great shout as for me his best attributes are building decent lower league teams. Knows the players down the divisions. Annan and Edinburgh guys would be a good shout, and although they’ve been at the wrong end of table, they’ve both built decent teams that can play football. Hope you get it right as it sounds very similar situation to us last summer. Stenny manager would be with a call however with first ever league title he’d be hard to shift. Best of luck guys.

Stenny manager’s been at Queen of the South before. Not sure he’ll fancy another crack at them

1 hour ago, CrispyMelon said:

Stenny manager’s been at Queen of the South before. Not sure he’ll fancy another crack at them

Aye, Gary Naysmith ... didn't end well.

Posted (edited)

As we found out to our cost and you with Bartley it's not a league for a newbie if you are wanting promotion. McCabe did well with Airdrie but I'd say he is more the exception to the rule having had a good basis to work with when he took over as well as knowing the club inside out. I'd go for the tried and trusted. Preferably someone whose won it before and McCall fits both those requirements . Rumours of off field issues reading their ugly head at Patrick mind you so you'd need to make sure that's not a problem otherwise I'd say he's by far the best choice if available.

Edited by Shodwall cat

17 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

It's bonkers enough anyone has voted for the complete jobber. 

You’re not familiar with these polls, are you?

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

As we found out to our cost and you with Bartley it's not a league for a newbie if you are wanting promotion. McCabe did well with Airdrie but I'd say he is more the exception to the rule having had a good basis to work with when he took over as well as knowing the club inside out. I'd go for the tried and trusted. Preferably someone whose won it before and McCall fits both those requirements . Rumours of off field issues reading their ugly head at Patrick mind you so you'd need to make sure that's not a problem otherwise I'd say he's by far the best choice if available.

I do agree with you that given the recent history and state of the club this is a key appointment now that's just crying out for a steady hand with some decent experience.  I can see how McCall kinda fits the bill here, especially being a Dumfries man himself, but I just get the feeling that he's hard to handle from a BOD's perspective and can be quite volatile ... and of course you don't want to leave your shoes lying around unguarded ... allegedly ...

2 hours ago, CrispyMelon said:

Not sure we'd want him back anyway, had us sitting at/ near the top of the Championship around Christmas and down in the relegation playoff position at the end of the season. Completely chucked it after New Year, we went from an attacking team going out trying to win games to a try not to lose team, and we inevitably did start to lose. Quite rightly binned on the night of our end of season awards do.

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah, he would be my choice if available too. We need somebody that has a track record of taking teams up from this level. 

My big fear is Bob the Builder will still be in place when the hiring is taking place though.