East Kilbride v Stranraer

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The Lowland League has 18 teams with 3 divisions in the tier below, yet only 1 side gets relegated from it. I think they should have a good look in the mirror first if they want to complain about fairness.

Therein lies the issue, nobody is willing to yield in the debate because of perceived unfairness or self preservation. It’s an issue which has no solution which will please everyone, I was just making the point that this was the general feeling in the LL, at least it was when we were there.

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Not heard much about the game but that a draw was a fair result.

With EK not been playing for a few weeks competitively, I wasn't thinking good things for them going into this as favorites.  All to play for with the return, I don't think home advantage will be a thing here as it will be all guns blazing from both sides, so may the best team on the day win.
Personally I want to see EK go through as a team that finishes bottom of any league in a  pyramid should be automatically relegated but if Stranraer win next week then good on them.  I will say, if they do get relegated then I'm positive that they will not be back for a very, very long time as they have no chance of winning the Lowland league

According to MK’s interview EK should have been 5 up at half time, and that they dominated. 

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The Lowland League has 18 teams with 3 divisions in the tier below, yet only 1 side gets relegated from it. I think they should have a good look in the mirror first if they want to complain about fairness.

I hate the Lowland league and their self interest but posts like this should do their research before opening their mouth. The Lowland league voted not to open up relegated from the Lowland, (which I'm against), until the SPFL2 open up relegation.   It's the same crap from both leagues, any team relegated from the SPFL2, do not come back.  Any team relegated from the Lowland league do not come back.   There is a reason why teams relegated from both leagues have never came back.

The self interest teams don't get it.  Get relegation sorted and this will give you  a greater chance of coming back, if not, you just end up like the previous, not good enough to come back which is Fact but in the future the level between the SPFL2 and Lowland will level out, could be this season, next season, 5 season, whatever but it will happen I suppose

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I hate the Lowland league and their self interest but posts like this should do their research before opening their mouth. The Lowland league voted not to open up relegated from the Lowland, (which I'm against), until the SPFL2 open up relegation.   It's the same crap from both leagues, any team relegated from the SPFL2, do not come back.  Any team relegated from the Lowland league do not come back.   There is a reason why teams relegated from both leagues have never came back.

The self interest teams don't get it.  Get relegation sorted and this will give you  a greater chance of coming back, if not, you just end up like the previous, not good enough to come back which is Fact but in the future the level between the SPFL2 and Lowland will level out, could be this season, next season, 5 season, whatever but it will happen I suppose

Why should the SPFL be the ones to open their door first?

Just now, Zanetti said:

Why should the SPFL be the ones to open their door first?

I don't give a shit who does it first, both are the same,  just like the chairmen of the SPFL and SFA, looking after themselves and more than happy to feck Scottish Football.  Every club voted against relegation when in the SPFL2,  Brechin, Berwick Rangers, Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers, East Stirlingshire and not one of them will be back for a while due to lesser chance of promotion.

Anyways enough of my rambling,   
I think the game down in Stranraer will be a cracker.  I did have EK favoutire month  before the Playoff but I haven't a clue now.  Good luck to both teams on the day 

8 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I hate the Lowland league and their self interest but posts like this should do their research before opening their mouth. The Lowland league voted not to open up relegated from the Lowland, (which I'm against), until the SPFL2 open up relegation.  

They didn't, they voted 9-7 at the time on rejecting increased relegation. A couple of those 9 then tried to block future votes until the SPFL changed.

Since then there's been a fair amount of turnover. There's nothing to stop the LL proposing changes to the Tier 6 promotion

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They didn't, they voted 9-7 at the time on rejecting increased relegation. A couple of those 9 then tried to block future votes until the SPFL changed.

Since then there's been a fair amount of turnover. There's nothing to stop the LL proposing changes to the Tier 6 promotion

No agreed, i do think this will eventually be changed.  Sure it was civil service strollers who initiated it but don't know who seconded it

1 hour ago, Hossy87 said:

From what I hear the EK dressing room was a shambles after that 😳😳😳

Some very unsavoury comments from within. 

Shots fired at the Soldiers!!!

1 hour ago, MrFizz said:

Good result. Hopefully we can finish thd job at Stair Park. Unless MK gets his soldiers of love into gear. Will there be highlights of today?

Bloody better be! The Stranraer commentary team are the best in the leagues.

Lowland league complaining SPFL2 is self interested, then only has 1 relegation from 18 teams but then allows B teams to bend them over and fist them for a pittance and make the Pyramid a joke. Why don't other teams lower just buy a place or is it only allowed when it's the biggot brothers and their wee cousin that come knocking

Also into these chicken shaggin, Old firm wanking p***ks Stranraer 

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Shots fired at the Soldiers!!!

Bloody better be! The Stranraer commentary team are the best in the leagues.

Yes  highlights tomorrow morning 

10 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Lowland league complaining SPFL2 is self interested, then only has 1 relegation from 18 teams but then allows B teams to bend them over and fist them for a pittance and make the Pyramid a joke. Why don't other teams lower just buy a place or is it only allowed when it's the biggot brothers and their wee cousin that come knocking

The Lowland League isn't an entity, it's 18 clubs with diametrically and fiercely differing views about the structure of non-league, from proper clubs with deep community roots and solid fanbases on one side, to shameless brown-nosing self-aggrandising turds who supported the absolute abortion that was the Conference League proposal.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

And don't use the behaviour of bad people with bad motivations as a justification for anything.

Also into these chicken shaggin, Old firm wanking p***ks Stranraer 

I concur with my learned friend.

19 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The Lowland League isn't an entity, it's 18 clubs with diametrically and fiercely differing views about the structure of non-league

Important votes having gone 9-7, 8-8 with the Chair breaking the tie, and 8-7 with a club not bothering to vote.

1 hour ago, To B or not B said:

They LL would argue that there should be straight relegation/promotion between them at League 2, and they may have an argument, because it would make it easier to get back up again.

But the Highland league would tell them to f**k off, so that's fair.

2 hours ago, To B or not B said:

They LL would argue that there should be straight relegation/promotion between them at League 2, and they may have an argument, because it would make it easier to get back up again.

No, it wouldn't.