East Kilbride v Stranraer

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No idea. I didnt know she was from EK to be honest. She's been a high profile Dundee United fan for at least 3 decades. Doesnt matter, just struck me as odd.

She started supporting them in 87, glory hunter.

11 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Re-seal the trapdoor. Kick out Cove, Spartans, Edinburgh City, Bonnyrigg and Kelty. Reinstate Berwick, Brechin, Shire, Cowden and Albion Rovers. Leave the diddies like East Kilbride and Clydebank in the abyss where they belong. Simples, eh @PossilYM @Vanderbilt

The SPFL bottom 2 divisions are full of part time diddies with a couple of hundred fans being propped up by leeching onto Premier and Championship sponsorship and tv deals.

Since licensing and Scottish Cup entry has been opened up everybody has seen how shite a lot of these clubs are.

Elgin lost 6-0 at Jeanfield Swifts ffs 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Vanderbilt said:

The SPFL bottom 2 divisions are full of part time diddies with a couple of hundred fans being propped up by leeching onto Premier and Championship sponsorship and tv deals.

Since licensing and Scottish Cup entry has been opened up everybody has seen how shite a lot of these clubs are.

Why is s Sellick fan so concerned?

Edited by FifeSons

Posted (edited)

Excellent viewing to be had with those highlights. How Joao Balde misses that chance at the death I'll never know - shocking stuff. EK seemingly showing their true character at the end of the match. Absolutely delighted that Stranraer are staying in League 2 and these chancers have failed - again - in their promotion ambitions.

Edited by Menzel

7 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I think if I’d been editing the official East Kilbride video I might have omitted the visit to Trump’s hotel at Turnberry. 

It was a truly sad end to the EK underdog story yesterday....

I wonder if Black Rooster supplied the catering at Trump Turnberry.

13 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

And yet the best of the regionals (with a huge budget) couldn't beat the worst (with a much smaller budget) from the country's elite footballing organisation, in a play-off.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

And yet the best of the regionals (with a huge budget) couldn't beat the worst (with a much smaller budget) from the country's elite footballing organisation, in a play-off.

They get a £100k leg up to start with.

15 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

And after saying all that, the best team of the regions got gubbed by a poor Stranraer team.

You can show yourself the door, this part of the forums for the big boys. f**k off.

1 minute ago, Vanderbilt said:

They get a £100k leg up to start with.

How much of a leg up did EK get over the rest of the Lowland League this season? Were there any other teams in that league that could afford a good dozen signings and attractive wages?

22 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

See this argument every year, but it’s easy to get yourself up for a 1 off cup match against higher opposition. 

Jeanfield were absolute garbage when they came to us after beating Elgin, and trust me we were woeful at that time as well. 

26 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I think if I’d been editing the official East Kilbride video I might have omitted the visit to Trump’s hotel at Turnberry. 

Just seen they did that, shows the mentality of that club, purely an egotistical exercise.

57 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Away ye go. He celebrated a goal infront of the opposition fans, so f**k. It happens up and down the country week in week out. Even if there was no history it’s lovely to see a bit of needle in a game.

Each to their own. Personally, I think it's petty.

49 minutes ago, Moonball said:

I was tracking the player celebration close up otherwise it would have made the cut 😭

On Lorraine: "Kelly was born on 30 November 1959 and lived in the Gorbals area of Glasgow until she was two. She spent the first few years of her life in Glasgow before the family moved to East Kilbride where she attended Claremont High School"

She started off in the Gorbals, moved to Brigton, then East Kilbride then England.  It's just been a long downward spiral for that poor wee wummin from day one.

Such a shame the glorified tennis court with a few seats glued into the side of it won't be gracing League 2 next season.  Between that and their Toys R Us store closing down, only the truly hard hearted wouldn't spare a thought in these difficult times.....