East Kilbride v Stranraer

9 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

On the third goal, I really find this Stranraer squad quite an unlikeable bunch. You've just sealed league status and you're almost entirely encircled by your own fans but the guy runs across the park to celebrate right in front of the EK support. If the team had dedicated as much effort to being good at football this year as they have to being sore winners, perhaps yesterday wouldn't have been necessary to begin with.

Hope Balde's alright. Glad he missed those chances but he'll surely have had a night of anguished replays in the mind. For the first you can at least say it maybe just hits the wrong part of his foot. For the second though he had time to take one, maybe even two, touches and bury it.

Seen the goal celebration on our own highlights and on the various vlogs from yesterday. 
I don’t think it’s that over the top. He’s in that half of the park and going in that direction. 
I wouldn’t expect the player to run the length of the park to celebrate in his own half. Thats not something you see very often.

There was a scattering of Stranraer support behind the goals. Not sure how many of them are regulars as this area isn’t normally accessible to the home support. 

Agree with you on Balde, boy must be feeling like dirt.

Some nice footage of Stranraer captain consoling him at full time. 

8 minutes ago, ketaminedrams said:

what he called he said in the pre match team talk that was recorded pre darvel knocking out aberdeen

Ah. I gave most of that a swerve because I didn't want to vomit.

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Re-seal the trapdoor. Kick out Cove, Spartans, Edinburgh City, Bonnyrigg and Kelty. Reinstate Berwick, Brechin, Shire, Cowden and Albion Rovers. Leave the diddies like East Kilbride and Clydebank in the abyss where they belong. Simples, eh @PossilYM @Vanderbilt

Im sure sealing the trap door would probably be the best chance for sons when the owners cash in on the land at the rock tbf. 

Joao Blade is such a frustrating player. Technically head and shoulders above most of his team-mates but obviously a bombscare at times. I think there is a good player at a decent level in there but he needs a manager willing to give him a cuddle and make him believe in himself..

10 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Sam North's video - in the away end for the first half but moved to the stand. Catches the EK celebrations at 19:50.

Disgraceful number of sevco shirts in the home end. Still on balance glad the tory diet sevconian supporters won 😜

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im sure sealing the trap door would probably be the best chance for sons when the owners cash in on the land at the rock tbf. 

It's probably the only chance the Bankies have of playing in a higher division than us given how they've shat their wee pants this season. 

20 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Joao Blade is such a frustrating player. Technically head and shoulders above most of his team-mates but obviously a bombscare at times. I think there is a good player at a decent level in there but he needs a manager willing to give him a cuddle and make him believe in himself..

He was really good for us last season, but he just didn't look right for us at the start of the season, too wild and undisciplined.  Couldn't be relied on.  As you say, there's clearly a really good player in there.  

1 hour ago, Blue1870 said:

He has good content but I struggle to watch his videos purely because of the way he talks. I'll give this one a go though for obvious reasons. 

Watched Blair mcinally and footy adventures YouTube vids . I know it happenes everywhere but the amount of young kids wearing rangers tops still fucking annoys me to this day

5 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Watched Blair mcinally and footy adventures YouTube vids . I know it happenes everywhere but the amount of young kids wearing rangers tops still fucking annoys me to this day

Kind of OT but my dislike of pitch invasions stems from something similar. I watch them and think "probably the first time they've watched *that side* this season". 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

image.gif.455e2db9e54daa864dce9d10917b22dd.gif

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Disgraceful number of sevco shirts in the home end. Still on balance glad the tory diet sevconian supporters won 😜

You must not have saw the video with the Stranraer young lad volunteer/steward idk, stotting around on the pitch celebrations with a Celtic bag! I also had a teenage lad sitting along from me in a celtic shirt 

Sadly at almost every ground out with Ibrox/Parkhead you'll see morons wearing the ugly sisters gear. 

Absolutely beautiful stuff. This thread, the highlights, and the result. 

The latest managerial team at East Kilbride has made them easily dislikeable after spending their short history as relatively inoffensive on the face of it. 

But it is hard not to develop a dislike and distinct feeling of schadenfreude for a club that continually chucks outside money at its team and fails. Especially when you look longer term. What is East Kilbride's long term sustainability outlook? Take away the Kean money (forget about Kennedy), it would be generous to pin their natural position at Lowland League level. Meanwhile, they have been relatively successful in winning leagues, big cup games, and a fairly high profile, but still do not have much of a support to speak of. The opportunity has been there to capture a support and it's not really happened. As mentioned elsewhere on this thread, if they took the time to grow organically and work their way up, then great and there would not be the clamour to watch them fail. 

Hardly a scientific survey, but the football supporters I know from EK either did not care or were very pleased they lost yesterday. The idea they're going to magic up thousands of fans somehow cannot be based on any logic. Hamilton is not very far away and they struggled to get good crowds despite having been in the Premiership and with a long history.

I always loved the idea of a pyramid in Scotland, but being faced with having to endure East Kilbride and Caley Braves with nothing to offer the game except exceptional wages to part-time players has turned the idea sour.

I sympathise with the view that the leagues need improved and turned over with clubs dropping out and replaced by those naturally stronger, but Stranraer out and East Kilbride in is certainly not a good deal for the leagues.

Well done, Stranraer.

7 hours ago, PTR said:

Absolutely beautiful stuff. This thread, the highlights, and the result. 

The latest managerial team at East Kilbride has made them easily dislikeable after spending their short history as relatively inoffensive on the face of it. 

But it is hard not to develop a dislike and distinct feeling of schadenfreude for a club that continually chucks outside money at its team and fails. Especially when you look longer term. What is East Kilbride's long term sustainability outlook? Take away the Kean money (forget about Kennedy), it would be generous to pin their natural position at Lowland League level. Meanwhile, they have been relatively successful in winning leagues, big cup games, and a fairly high profile, but still do not have much of a support to speak of. The opportunity has been there to capture a support and it's not really happened. As mentioned elsewhere on this thread, if they took the time to grow organically and work their way up, then great and there would not be the clamour to watch them fail. 

Hardly a scientific survey, but the football supporters I know from EK either did not care or were very pleased they lost yesterday. The idea they're going to magic up thousands of fans somehow cannot be based on any logic. Hamilton is not very far away and they struggled to get good crowds despite having been in the Premiership and with a long history.

I always loved the idea of a pyramid in Scotland, but being faced with having to endure East Kilbride and Caley Braves with nothing to offer the game except exceptional wages to part-time players has turned the idea sour.

I sympathise with the view that the leagues need improved and turned over with clubs dropping out and replaced by those naturally stronger, but Stranraer out and East Kilbride in is certainly not a good deal for the leagues.

Well done, Stranraer.

Mate EK are sitting on a gold mine don’t you know, a gold mine!!!! 

Just like Hamilton, Airdrie, Edinburgh City, Spartans, Clyde, Cove and Stirling Albion… I’m sure there will be thousands and thousands bursting down the gates at these clubs any day now!!! 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mate EK are sitting on a gold mine don’t you know, a gold mine!!!! 

Just like Hamilton, Airdrie, Edinburgh City, Spartans, Clyde, Cove and Stirling Albion… I’m sure there will be thousands and thousands bursting down the gates at these clubs any day now!!! 

They're all just milling about the Kingsgate retail park waiting for SPFL football.

Edited by PTR

A little note about Chris McQueen which highlights how mad East Kilbride are.

They had the boy playing at the start of the season, then dropped him, then couldn’t even get him in to training because they had so many players. 

Stranraer have benefited greatly from this picking up a decent centre half.