Annan's new manager

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Some of those could have been pinched from Queens fans concerns tbf ...

1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Despite losses Queens have substantial funds in the bank. 

Maybe (I don't know), but this sort of thing just sits a wee bit uncomfortably with me ... ie people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones etc etc

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Quantify "substantial"? 

How can he leave for nothing if he was contracted? Was there a clause he could leave any time a full time club came for him? Seems mental Annan wouldn't be due compo if he's contracted.

Correct. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Quantify "substantial"? 

How can he leave for nothing if he was contracted? Was there a clause he could leave any time a full time club came for him? Seems mental Annan wouldn't be due compo if he's contracted.

One hundred million dollars 😀

Not the biggest of surprises really.  The four derbies should be tasty affairs though, can't imagine that their new manager will be lacking in motivation for those four games.

Happy with the appointment of Gibson. Regarding some of the other issues mentioned in the thread - the concerns were raised at the meeting and solutions discussed. To be honest the stories seem to have been blown a little out of proportion. We have a small budget, same as always. The hope for the season is that Wullie can get a squad together quickly and we can carry on punching above our weight. 

Brilliant news with Wullie.

One of the best players in the league last year.

Grit, determination , skill ,  and he will have learned from his previous managerial experience.

What's not to like ?

Come on the Annan.

18 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Quantify "substantial"? 

I have no idea but you got him free.

7 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

So that's Annan playing league 2 football in the 2025/26 season then? 

Er its you whos new manager avoided relegation by the skin of his teeth no ? Be very careful in your glass house.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Er its you whos new manager avoided relegation by the skin of his teeth no ? Be very careful in your glass house.

@Ian Mcleod is a Hamilton fan His team's Manager has got them on the brink of promotion through the play-offs. You're slevering as usual. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

4 hours ago, annan4eva said:

I have no idea but you got him free.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

@Ian Mcleod is a Hamilton fan His team's Manager has got them on the brink of promotion through the play-offs. You're slevering as usual. 

And @The Moonster is a Dumbarton fan so not a Queens one either. I presume @annan4eva is using the App. You can't see posters chosen team on the App.

Sensible appointment from an Annan point of view, will he still play? It'll be to the teams detriment if he doesn't.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

... I presume @annan4eva is using the App. You can't see posters chosen team on the App.

Interesting ... so here I'll give a hint at the quite staggering extent of my digital ignorance!  I was using the P&B app up until I changed my phone a good while back.  When I tried to upload the P&B app again it was no longer available via the Google Play store.  So since then I've been accessing P&B on my phone using its browser (which works fine).  However, from your post above SD it sounds as though there is a P&B app available once more - don't know how or if this was ever publicised, but anyway I've missed that bit of info.  Not surprising really, as I'm thick as mince when it comes to digital stuff.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Interesting ... so here I'll give a hint at the quite staggering extent of my digital ignorance!  I was using the P&B app up until I changed my phone a good while back.  When I tried to upload the P&B app again it was no longer available via the Google Play store.  So since then I've been accessing P&B on my phone using its browser (which works fine).  However, from your post above SD it sounds as though there is a P&B app available once more - don't know how or if this was ever publicised, but anyway I've missed that bit of info.  Not surprising really, as I'm thick as mince when it comes to digital stuff.

Not a clue, I tried the app when it came out, didn't like it, never used it again. I did read at some point it had been withdrawn but presumably people who already had it on their phone still can use it? In any event, I said "app", I meant "mobile device". Using a browser on your phone doesn't show posters supported teams either whereas it does on a desktop.

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

The P&b app is still borked. Not sure what the latest with it is, that's very much Divs world. 

As you say, it should work fine on a mobile device browser. That's what I often use too