Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

If we start the game with a press on Friday, like we did yesterday, go get a goal, I reckon we'll be fine to sit and let thistle have the ball like we did in the second half. If we sit in and look to counter from the off, then I can see it being 5-4/4-5 etc. 

Have to hope corr is good to go with Watson being made of chocolate. I think we should also see the likes of Hamilton and Easton in this game at some point as well. 

Much rather a trip to Perth on the Sunday than Dingwall, also allows us to have turner available, which is my preference of the two loan players we have. So if everything goes as I'd hope it does, it's all good as it stands. 

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Still undecided who the winner will play in the final, last day shootout 

St Johnstone equalising will help the winner of this tie as both them and County will have to bust a gut on Sunday now. If Saints had lost, they could have rested players on Sunday.

Posted (edited)

I fancy St Johnstone to wriggle out of it. Ross County won't beat Aberdeen and Kettlewell will play the reserves for Motherwell. 

All of this is irrelevant unless we get to grips with Thistle on Friday though. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Weirdly, I have a feeling we might just pull this off. Pressure is all on Raith.

Every chance, however I wouldn’t say all the pressure is all on us however.

It’s not exactly like you’re coming to Starks with a “free hit” mentality.

Pressure on you to get back into the tie. The goal you scored however has changed the complexity of the tie. At 2-0 we’d have just sat back. We’re a far better outfit when we’re set up to attack which should be the case with the range of players available.

Really nervy and exciting 2nd leg. Most will assume due to being at home, the clear 2nd in the division and the goal advantage that we’re the heavy favourite to progress. None of the Raith support will feel like that. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Weirdly, I have a feeling we might just pull this off. Pressure is all on Raith.

As much as you’d probably like to believe that, you’ve picked the wrong cliche. The pressure isn’t all on Raith. It’s Thistle who need to go out to win the game.

Just now, Jilted John said:

As much as you’d probably like to believe that, you’ve picked the wrong cliche. The pressure isn’t all on Raith. It’s Thistle who need to go out to win the game.

As you are now favourites after winning the away tie, the pressure is on Raith Rovers to finish it. Failure to do so will be a sore one.

The result itself probably suits Thistle better in terms of how they can realistically set up to play.

we need to level the tie first and foremost.

Rovers setting up to attack and put the tie to bed is risky business for them. This could create space which Thistle can and will use.

Whereas we realistically at this point in time need to continue our attacking setup which we finished the game with. If we went up there with a lead, the pressure would still be on us despite being in front, because we would have to change our system to try and deal with Raith going for it.

it almost feels like it’s not a brand new match but more the 3rd and 4th quarter of the 180minute tie. We don’t have much time to retain the ball and sit and be all comfy. 

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

It’s not at all a ‘free hit’ for Thistle but pressure is on Raith insofar as they have the lead in the tie and now have a home leg, Raith should be heavy favourites (as they probably were anyway). I think Rovers fans have it correct that the only concern with that reality is that IM could overthink things. I don’t really expect Thistle to win the match for a variety of reasons tbh, but if we manage to score first you never know. 

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Not really you need to chase the game , what’s left in the tank with so many tough games in a few days ? Not saying you won’t do it just rather be in our position if we score first your pretty much done, if you do then it’s back to the start again, no matter what anyone else says pressure is on thistle you can’t afford a mistake 

Rather be 2-1 up after 1st leg with all this so called pressure than 2-1 down!

I’m worryingly confident.  If we can get the 1st goal then we are almost there, if we go a goal behind? It’s hardly panic stations…

Pressure is on thistle they have to come out and win , Rovers on the other hand a draw will be suffice . Thistle are totally dependant on Brian graham hence him having to play in nearly every minute so far , We have the luxury of bringing on Dylan Easton , Jack Hamilton and Josh mullin who would walk into most championship teams however another tough game for both sides who knows who will win that’s how great the championship is 

6 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Rovers setting up to attack and put the tie to bed is risky business for them. This could create space which Thistle can and will use.

Thistle setting up to attack and get back into the tie is risky business for them. This could create space which Rovers can and will use 🤷

High stake game for both teams, neither team are under more pressure than the other imo. 

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I fancy St Johnstone to wriggle out of it. Ross County won't beat Aberdeen and Kettlewell will play the reserves for Motherwell. 

Nah. We can't score.

I had some faith the attack would help once we got them chances but they've bottled the last 2 games. Must've been 6/7 chances other sides take and we've scored one (or goal last night one I don't think every other side scores).

Motherwell could play the kids (they wont, not for us) and we'd struggle to score all game.

We were finished last night until County, bizarrely, took off their best players and thought sitting in for 20 minutes was a good idea.

Posted (edited)

Let’s agree that there’s pressure on both teams. It’s been a pretty decent thread so far without falling out over who’s under most pressure 😂

Edited by Jilted John

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Let’s agree that there’s pressure on both teams. It’s been a pretty decent thread so far without falling out over who’s under most pressure 😂

Feeling the pressure type post