Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

Haven't felt such a mixture of anticipation and trepidation about a Rovers game in years.

This season has been beyond my wildest dreams in finishing second and we are clearly capable of finishing the job off in fine style but that isn't the Rovers way. They like to put us through the mill first. Thistle are also such a dangerous team and more than capable of doing the same to us. A stressful evening is in store for us all I think.

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

edit - just checked it was 90/91 , the season that home fans were in the North Terrace (the wrong end)

Yeah, I remember being in the South end of the ground behind the goal. I don't there was segregation prior to then?

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Gordon Dalziel is at the game tonight, it's a sign.

GNpHYhdWwAIaNEm?format=jpg&name=medium

I'm glad I was young enough in the early nineties for Dalziel to be a hero without the realisation of what an absolute bell-end of a human he actually was spoiling it.

19 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Looks about 800 so far. Poor from them 

The two sections at the end of the stand will be out of use however they've sold out the two middle sections and a number of seats in other areas of the stand. Well over 800.

4 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

We have sold about 1400-1500 so far, I’d expect maybe another 100-200 to go.

Good stuff love to see a busy Starks Park really helps with the atmosphere seeing as the North stand is so isolated.

I can't really blame folk for picking and choosing during the playoffs. If you finish 3rd or 4th and make it to the final that's 6 x £20-£30 on tickets depending on who you're playing before you even spend another penny on anything else and that's if you only need to pay for yourself. Even the 4 games for Raith fans should Raith finish the job is an expensive week and a half if you've got a family to bring along with you.

Still doesn't look like either team brought/is bringing poor numbers tbh.

1 minute ago, Kempes said:

Message from Craig Levein; May the best team LOSE.

I think both championship teams are capable of winning the final on their day. 

Before the Ayr and County second legs last year I was shitting myself, totally calm tonight. Low expectations, if we lose then I hope it's just not something idiotic or a last ditch kick in the stones. 

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think both championship teams are capable of winning the final on their day. 

Like the guys on the podcast said, even if Partick win tonight, I’ll support them in the final. I’d much rather see a club from our league go up than those two water treading sides get off the hook!