Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

Commiserations to Thistle (it takes 2 teams to make it a match) who should have won it tonight in the 90, but when Graham missed that chance I felt a lot more confident Rovers would get the job done. 

Dont know if Rovers deserved it over the 210 minutes (plus penalties) because it was so close. 

When it got to Vaughan taking the decisive kick I suddenly  felt at peace despite the absolute chaos that had proceeded it. 

In terms of some of the young fans on the pitch at the end, they've probably never been through a semi final penalty shoot out win so let them have a bit of fun. 

• Broken Algorithms changed the title to Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡
  • Broken Algorithms changed the title to Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]
20 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

He's no John Hannah, but imo is by no means the worst.

Are you trying to say Ken Stott is the worst? I'll fucking have you for that.

Just in from watching Planet of the Apes at the pictures. Decent film, visually beautiful and a nicely ambiguous ending. Genuinely thought we were getting pumped tonight so didn't bother. That'll fucking learn me.

21 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

It looked as if Ian Murray went and had a word with the lad Diack before celebrating with his team. Touch of class if so.

Thistle applauded off by the Rovers fans when they went down the tunnel too. A proper blood, sweat and tears double header that both sides gave their all in. All credit to Thistle, I’ve no idea how they had any energy left for extra time, let alone being the team on top for most of it!

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you trying to say Ken Stott is the worst? I'll fucking have you for that.

Upon reflection, I'd give myself up re that

41 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The play offs are a joke,so weighted in favour of the SPFL team it is a joke.

So you're saying it might be a bit of a joke?

Legit not downcast after that, getting papped out by Raith was always likely. Not sure why as was expecting to be a lot more seething when we fucked the shootout (which was pretty much guaranteed)

More feeling a nagging worry about next season, every playoff fuckup in that fashion builds up the doubts, pressure and reputation as bottlers. Doolan's done well with the side he has but if we lose several first team players again it increases the risk we recruit poorly and regress...

Would assume Aero was fucked, normally a good pen taker.

Find out down the line. Best wishes to Raith in the final.

Posted (edited)

Sore one in the moment but compared to last year I'm over it already, realistically we weren't winning the final, I hope Raith do. 

Even if we had gone up we would have been struggling with the amount of guys who are decent championship but not Premiership quality players already under contract. As it is we probably need a keeper, a right back to replace Mcmillan, a winger or two and a backup striker. Will be a good league next season. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Not good for the heart and all to come again next week. I thought from the second half onwards we were pretty dyer. Aimless long balls and punts out of defence, we just seemed on edge for most of the night. The first goal, not much kev or the wall could do, essentially do their job by it hitting them, just unfortunate that it deflected and took it away from kev. 
The second goal, you can’t let Alston just wander into the box, unmarked, get a shot away and then follow it up. Although on saying that, would say it is the only bad mark against the defence, Muzza was excellent and thought Brown going in there was brilliant as well, seemed to have more of a handle on Graham. 
commiserations to Thistle, really made a fight of it and played the game they wanted to. Met a few of their fans on the way to the Novar and they were quite sound, can only wish them the best for next season.  

As for Steven Mclean, he needs to look up the word “foul” (the sporting definition before some smart arse puts up a picture of a chicken) the guy is worse than useless and just causes chaos every game he seems to Ref for us. He seems to have won his badges in a lucky dip. 

From a Clyde fan, who has no bragging rights whatsoever.  (I travelled got Elgin to celebrate my team being only the 2nd worst team in the Scottish League two weeks ago).  Too bad tonight. I do like this Partick side and think that Kris Dollan has been great for you guys this season.  A tough call as I would love to have seen either team tonight win promotion.  You will be a force with which to reckon next season. Bit these last playoff game have been brilliant to watch. I hope you do well next season. No reason to doubt otherwise.  

A lot to be proud of tonight. It hurt but after last year we were innoculated.

Best of luck to Raith Rovers in the final.

But next year we defeat the virus. Outright.

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

(the sporting definition before some smart arse puts up a picture of a chicken) 

Sorry mate, couldn't resist

ttf-from-jungle-fowl-to-jungle-foul-e1600844626838.webp