WOSFL Summer Signings

3 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

Ryan Wallace released by Burgh is a smashing left back and although he never featured much on his return, Stuart Fyfe is a good centre back as well.

Also feel Kieran Brady would’ve been worthy of a place in the squad next season, excellent young defender who’s been so unfortunate with his injury this season and deserves a chance to prove himself under Murdo.

4 hours ago, BurghLoyal said:

Also feel Kieran Brady would’ve been worthy of a place in the squad next season, excellent young defender who’s been so unfortunate with his injury this season and deserves a chance to prove himself under Murdo.

He does! Plus his old man will be missed in the crowd!

I see Cumnock have signed Blair Currie from us?  That's some signing. 

Are they splashing the cash? He was under contract with us and was 3rd in League 1 this season for clean sheets. That's a huge drop in divisions for him. 

Easily capable L1/L2 keeper. 

We have just punted our manager so perhaps Currie wanted out but not a single Stirling fan would have wanted him to leave. He would have been our number one again next season.

10 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I see Cumnock have signed Blair Currie from us?  That's some signing. 

Are they splashing the cash? He was under contract with us and was 3rd in League 1 this season for clean sheets. That's a huge drop in divisions for him. 

Easily capable L1/L2 keeper. 

We have just punted our manager so perhaps Currie wanted out but not a single Stirling fan would have wanted him to leave. He would have been our number one again next season.

Cumnock will have a large budget next season with Swift taking over.

Spoke to an old friend up at the Burgh a few months back who said to me the budget they were looking at if they were promoted was considerably higher than last season.

I wonder if some of those who have left are making their own decisions based on game time etc

On 21/05/2024 at 17:39, AM-1 said:

The Burgh exodus continues with Dale Simeone the latest player to leave.

Another very good player that would grace any team at this level.  With players like Simeon, McKenzie, Brady, Wallace and Fyfe leaving...I wonder what level of player we are looking to bring in.  Exciting times in Johnstone (that is not a sentence you will hear often).  

I am hoping to hear that the trialist keeper Luke Scullion has been signed before long.  If that boy had been at the Burgh at the start of the season it would have been a very different outcome.