Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

What we've learned from all this is that there's now no question the board are the SPFL's answer to Liz Truss' Prime Ministership.

Sacking Young weeks after giving him a new deal was a terrible decision - and still remains their worst because it was inevitable it was going to bring this carnage - but this is also abysmal.

Aitken would've been a terrible appointment but I feel sorry for him the way this has gone. A legend as a player at the club shouldn't be treated like this but he should never have been in this position.

Even if we do get Maybury now, he's going to be up against it with this lot in charge.

What has actually happened? Did the board go back on this appointment due to fan reaction on Facebook? Did the Club board approve but Trust board said no? Was it due to Tiff not being able to get his coaching staff? 

A complete and utter shambles. Feel sorry for Tiff. A great player in his day but agree with Raving on and others, wouldn’t have been a great appointment.  

I am now hoping Alan Maybury gets the job. Not a sentence I ever thought I would type out. 

I see a lot of fans have said they won’t be renewing their Trust membership. I feel the same way. It is a waste of money but I now feel it would be better for everyone to renew. That’s the only way change can happen. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Announce Maybury! 

The decision to dismiss DY was a panicked response to relegation which increasingly obviously was made without forethought and none at all of unintended consequences.

Why do you think he or anyone else would have us as his employer of choice?

Like next season’s players the next manager is going to be the last one left on the shelf.

Those  players who exercised their options not to wait for a new contract offer must have seen the writing on the wall.

Edited by AlbionMan

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

I see a lot of fans have said they won’t be renewing their Trust membership. I feel the same way. It is a waste of money but I now feel it would be better for everyone to renew. That’s the only way change can happen. 

I’ll not be renewing, first time ever, I’ve decided to vote with my feet, however it will make no difference at all. I totally get what you mean, but Trust member after Trust member comes and goes and yet nothing changes. Sadly, as a fanbase, we’ll never be united enough for change.

The most exciting thing that ever happened off field was Colin Rowley’s initial plans and we couldn’t even get enough people united to get that through, then…..well we all know what happened with boards during the chapter after that.

14 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I’ll not be renewing, first time ever, I’ve decided to vote with my feet, however it will make no difference at all. I totally get what you mean, but Trust member after Trust member comes and goes and yet nothing changes. Sadly, as a fanbase, we’ll never be united enough for change.

The most exciting thing that ever happened off field was Colin Rowley’s initial plans and we couldn’t even get enough people united to get that through, then…..well we all know what happened with boards during the chapter after that.

Agreed...no renewal from myself either....not to hurt the club in any way...but like mentioned by many it won't make any difference to the elected Liz Truss equivalent 

The chairman is clueless...the silence is deafening...the trust board just knit ashtrays....official website is a joke...club officials try to glue the club back together with custard...... 

Questions need asked & answers given.... absolute zero confidence in the leadership of OUR club 

I've been saying this from the minute we lost DY & his staff right down to the medical & kitman....player's announcing departure via own social media..... 

So the intended replacement for DY backtracked.... we get the laughable brain's trust of Jefferies & Bone to oversee our hurried along next manager with a remit of SPFL experience to fit our plan going forward..... that gets leaked last night...did they forget about the remit they put out...wait until he resigns & says NAW sorry Tiff the games a bogey your no getting it........ a great player for the bino's but wasn't going to be a popular choice for the supporters....however he didn't deserve that 😕...... but that's our board...nothing surprises us with that lot....ZERO confidence....unable & clueless in a trusted position within OUR club...the SUPPORTERS club.... so they must be questioned & must give answers.. we need transparency.... not a statement to say Jim, Jimmy & Christine are away for a Starbucks & a blether on how we can fob off the supporters & convince a new candidate it was all an admin error...

Once again i say it & stand by it....we are in serious trouble & danger with these people guardian's of our club....they are taking us only 1 way & that's to the lowland league....

Ball 26 club statement has worn off....no more bull....we deserve better than this 😤 

The great danger now is that this fiasco will be viewed at Hampden as bringing the game into disrepute and before you know it the club will be charged and (possibly) have sanctions imposed.

What is essential is transparency and whilst the silence from the Board prevails, the situation will only get worse.  What is needed is a formal statement today setting out the Board’s view of the sequence of events and their role in it, along with their proposed way forward.  Failure to do so will only lead to further speculation which will almost certainly be unhelpful.

This is the least that supporters deserve.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

The most exciting thing that ever happened off field was Colin Rowley’s initial plans 

In hindsight, I think that was actually a bullet dodged. 

They seem to have a serious problem with thinking and decision making.

Mainly that they do it in the wrong order.

Make a decision and then react to the consequences afterwards..

Can't run any business like that.

Who is actually going to want to work with these clowns?

2 hours ago, Red Watch said:

The great danger now is that this fiasco will be viewed at Hampden as bringing the game into disrepute and before you know it the club will be charged and (possibly) have sanctions imposed.

What is essential is transparency and whilst the silence from the Board prevails, the situation will only get worse.  What is needed is a formal statement today setting out the Board’s view of the sequence of events and their role in it, along with their proposed way forward.  Failure to do so will only lead to further speculation which will almost certainly be unhelpful.

This is the least that supporters deserve.

With all due respect Red watch, because I don't dispute what you've said.  How do you spin that debacle?

18 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

With all due respect Red watch, because I don't dispute what you've said.  How do you spin that debacle?

You don't spin it.  You just be factual and tell the truth.  How much of the truth you tell..............................

20 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Here's the job spec with the successful candidate's league position.  It just doesn't add up any way they spin it but no doubt they will.

Merged_document.jpg

2 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

You don't spin it.  You just be factual and tell the truth.  How much of the truth you tell..............................

Really not sure there's another club in that golf bag, but we live in hope.

3 minutes ago, SA45 said:

It just doesn't add up any way they spin it but no doubt they will.

From where I am sitting the Board would appear to be in the deep doo from which they need to extricate themselves asap.  Pointless trying to lie your way out as it would only make the situation worse if (when) they get found out.

For a start they might consider commenting on who they believe leaked to a faceless hack at the Record and what they propose to do about it.

2 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Here's the job spec with the successful candidate's league position.  It just doesn't add up any way they spin it but no doubt they will.

Merged_document.jpg

I've said what happened.  They thought they had an experienced manager in the bag and they didn't.  There was nothing left to do but revert to the applicants when the bag went pop.  If people don't believe that I'm fine with it. 

I'll give them some free advice though. Just as important as finding a new manager fast, is finding a club doctor fast. Without one we are screwed.  So here's the advice board.

Do not rely on an advertising to fill that vacancy.  That won't cut it.  Somebody will have to get round every health centre from Bannockburn to Dunblane and try to persuade someone to sign up.  Waiting for a doctor to answer an advert would just be wasting precious time.

17 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

They thought they had an experienced manager in the bag and they didn't. 

Has the name of the said experienced manager appeared anywhere?  Was this before they advertised the job widely or did the said individual show his face as a consequence of the advert? 

Just now, Red Watch said:

Has the name of the said experienced manager appeared anywhere?  Was this before they advertised the job widely or did the said individual show his face as a consequence of the advert? 

As for the exact timing of the pursuit of that individual you would have to ask the board.  Good luck with that.

48 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Waiting for a doctor to answer an advert would just be wasting precious time.

Aye, especially if you've got to get past the receptionist first.