Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

1 minute ago, SA45 said:

I have a feeling that might happen. Not the worst idea but would prefer an experienced manager unless he turns out like Andy Graham at Alloa.

If this lot appoint a rookie I will literally piss myself laughing.

3 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I don't know who's behind the rumour mill on Christine, but just fech off!

She was Commercial manager, but with no team to work with.  Then she gets roped in to help keep hospitality going till that got sorted out. On top of that she was roped in to keep the club shop going till that got covered.  Oh wait, who's going to be operations manager?  Christine can do it.  There must be something else to palm off on her and get shat on for a thankyou.  Assistant groundsman maybe?  

Darren’s replacement?

11 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Darren’s replacement?

If it was a choice between her and the return of the Alex Smith 5-5-0 formation, I'd give her the job myself.

I'm thinking about applying. Did the tactics board and been to 75% of games so have a keen eye for a player and tactical awareness. I was our work Fantasy League champion for 3 years running before the spreadsheet geeks ruined it. I don't have any coaching badges but willing to work towards this once in situ.

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/first-team-manager-advertisement/

Looks like we are going to have to wait a while for a new manager to materialise as the SAFC Board seems to have been caught with their pants down.  This is in complete contrast to Queen of the South who obviously foresaw the departure of Marvin and acted quickly to bring in Peter Murphy - a period of only 5 days between Marvin's departure and the announcement of Peter's arrival.  Slick work by Queens to have a new guy in place to pick the best of new players becoming available in the days ahead.

Plaudits to Queens also for the comprehensive statement yesterday from Director Jim McLinden on plans for the way forward.  Again in complete contrast to the abysmal communications to supporters generally in recent weeks from Forthbank Towers - symptomatic of rigor mortis setting in?  I hope not!

1 minute ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

What about Neil Scally as your next manager? Ian McCall himself said he did 80 percent of the work to keep Clyde up and he might be interested in taking on the manager role if he leaves Clyde. 

He signed a year deal with Clyde last night.

So we're at the start of finding a new manager. I would imagine that's going to take a good couple of weeks at least. I see no date for applications was on the official website message.

I assume there's no one within the club looking at recruiting new players (DY would have been in contact with some no doubt). Our out of contract players are in a bit of limbo too I'd have thought. I wouldn't expect them to hang about if another team comes in with a decent offer. 

We could be in for a serious rebuild, perhaps having missed out on the better players we might have attracted. It'll all come out in the wash. Meantime I'm going to swallow a few happy pills.

14 minutes ago, gmca said:

So we're at the start of finding a new manager. I would imagine that's going to take a good couple of weeks at least. I see no date for applications was on the official website message.

I assume there's no one within the club looking at recruiting new players (DY would have been in contact with some no doubt). Our out of contract players are in a bit of limbo too I'd have thought. I wouldn't expect them to hang about if another team comes in with a decent offer. 

We could be in for a serious rebuild, perhaps having missed out on the better players we might have attracted. It'll all come out in the wash. Meantime I'm going to swallow a few happy pills.

Applications in by 24th May according to the website. So I would think June at least by the time it's all done and dusted. 

9 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Applications in by 24th May according to the website. So I would think June at least by the time it's all done and dusted. 

Cheers, must get an eye test soon.

11 hours ago, gmca said:

Can't say I would blame them, when you are out of contract then players need to look out for themselves. If someone comes in with a move that suits then they simply have to take it, as the next guy could empty you anyway.....then what? 

I think we are in for a serious rebuild, but  don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, it's if we get the right guy to do that rebuild which is key. If we are going to do what Clyde did last season and signed a bunch of jobbers that never made any impact at development squads higher up the food chain, and mix them with lower WOSFL players, then we will be in trouble. If the new guy comes in and builds using his contacts and with players he knows or "his people" know then I think we have a chance. 

Like everyone in football, there are players in the current squad that I don't particularly rate  and wouldn't be too fussed about leaving, but in general, I think this squad is probably at the end of it's shelf life and needed serious surgery anyway, regardless if it was with Darren Young at the helm or someone else. The problem is, I do think we will miss out on players that we could have attracted here.

14 hours ago, Red Watch said:

Looks like we are going to have to wait a while for a new manager to materialise as the SAFC Board seems to have been caught with their pants down.  This is in complete contrast to Queen of the South who obviously foresaw the departure of Marvin and acted quickly to bring in Peter Murphy - a period of only 5 days between Marvin's departure and the announcement of Peter's arrival.  Slick work by Queens to have a new guy in place to pick the best of new players becoming available in the days ahead.

Plaudits to Queens also for the comprehensive statement yesterday from Director Jim McLinden on plans for the way forward.  Again in complete contrast to the abysmal communications to supporters generally in recent weeks from Forthbank Towers - symptomatic of rigor mortis setting in?  I hope not!

Tbf ... we hadn't exactly set "a high bar" before those announcements!

In all honesty I do believe Darren has some responsibility for dropped points, due to team selections and usage/late usage of subs when it wasn't working in some games. That said we have fired a manager who has twice won the league 2 title an his first full season in charge and have no idea what quality of candidate will replace him.  Sheer f.....g genius!

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has Carrick got his badges? If so, he's surely in with a shout? 

i believe he does and yes he probably is.

appointing a rookie manager is a bit of a lucky dip. sounds about right for us.