Clyde FC Season 24/25

Looks like you should be nowhere near trouble next season. Couple of decent signings already, I noticed that Dom Docherty on Annan highlights quite a a lot, everything went through him. 

McCall off to a good start 

Dom Docherty is a tremendous signing for League Two. If we'd gone up (and assuming Finlay Gray moves on as we all expect him to) he was someone I was hoping we'd be after. So fair play for getting him to drop down a division.

The Bull¥ W€€ imo.

40 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Paul McKay centre back from queens 2 year deal.

29 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Dominic Docherty from Annan midfielder 

27 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Dominic Docherty from Annan, that seems a decent signing. 

McCall helping out his old side nicely with these signings. Glad to see the back of McKay. He was fine nearer the end of the season but for the most part he's been pretty shite. Too powderpuff to be a good CB IMO and bullied a lot. Ok defensively with his headers but his marking usually poor. He should be fine at L2 though and he might look less stupid with his rolled down socks if he looks like he's decent. 

Docherty signing means one less diving wee p***k at Annan next season. Cheers lads :D

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Looks like you should be nowhere near trouble next season. Couple of decent signings already, I noticed that Dom Docherty on Annan highlights quite a a lot, everything went through him. 

McCall off to a good start 

Well they will have the biggest budget in the league (if EK don't get promoted) so you would think not. This time last year they were scraping about the dregs of Scottish football offering cola bottles for wages.

Docherty is a class act. McCall would only have stayed with the gaurentee of a league winning budget and the early signs also indicate that.

More players of this calibre and watch The Bully Wee be The Bully Wee.

Edited by Neilly

If Scullion keeps up his current progression then we can sell him for £1 million in January.

Which would increase our wage budget by about 10% I reckon.

39 minutes ago, David W said:

I can't quite place McKay from Airdrie, I seem to think he played in midfield more often than not though.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Glad to see the back of McKay. He was fine nearer the end of the season but for the most part he's been pretty shite. Too powderpuff to be a good CB IMO and bullied a lot. Ok defensively with his headers but his marking usually poor. He should be fine at L2 though and he might look less stupid with his rolled down socks if he looks like he's decent. 

I'll not be anywhere as critical as @19QOS19 

He joined us from Airdrie in summer of 2021 when we were in the Championship. He mainly played midfield for Airdrie but Allan Johnston signed him to play centre back and for the first half of that season he played it very well. He then got a very bad hip injury that needed surgery down in London and kept him out about 7 months. We extended his contract before sending him for surgery but he never looked as good at centre back again after returning. He did play the last few games this season at centre back again and did ok but generally this season his best outings were when used as a midfielder. I wonder which position you've signed him as? Good guy anyway, wish him well.

Posted (edited)

Both new signings seem fairly decent additions on paper but I don’t know much about either. McKay’s quite a big guy from what I remember and as mentioned above, had some fairly decent games in midfield for Airdrie but our Queen of the South friends don’t seem to think too highly of him. Having him and Dunachie adding a bit of height to our defensive options is certainly no bad thing though given Howie and Hamilton are strong otherwise.

Docherty is another I can’t remember too much about but he had a decent return for Annan last season. Doesn’t seem to have played in a while though (injury?). I have no idea what kind of player he is but he sounds promising.

Scullion’s re-signing is excellent. He’s turned into a really, really, good player at this level.

We’re not far off having the full defence sorted, with a few of additions still to come in midfield, and obviously another 3 or 4 forward players to come in (hopefully of decent quality). Certainly a decent few additions so far.

Edited by Replays

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'll not be anywhere as critical as @19QOS19 

He joined us from Airdrie in summer of 2021 when we were in the Championship. He mainly played midfield for Airdrie but Allan Johnston signed him to play centre back and for the first half of that season he played it very well. He then got a very bad hip injury that needed surgery down in London and kept him out about 7 months. We extended his contract before sending him for surgery but he never looked as good at centre back again after returning. He did play the last few games this season at centre back again and did ok but generally this season his best outings were when used as a midfielder. I wonder which position you've signed him as? Good guy anyway, wish him well.

I thought I gave a fair assessment 😳 I was certainly fairer than the majority of our posters will be. 

As you may have realised by now I'm one of the most soor faced, negative thinking, glass hauf empty kind of Clyde fan.

However, I have to admit that I am getting a totie wee bit excited about the upcoming season.

If Jordan Allan re-signs I'm going to make love to the wife... Twice!

Posted (edited)

That 17 signed so far (though P Grant and McCulloch May drop out if anyone will take them)

Still need a LB and would say 3 forwards so that would take us up to 21

Cant see us having more than a squad of 24 so that would leave 3 others.  Hopefully a couple of wide players and an attacking midfielder 

Would expect us to use our full quota of loans so probably 5 of remaining 7 to come in will be loans

Edited by Bullyweeno1

Just now, Clinically Proven said:

Very good business done so far. Is it the wrong time given the positivity though to ask where the extra finance is coming from as we're still homeless?

Obviously the mystery benefactor plus maybe one or two other generous donors to the club 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Dom Docherty is a tremendous signing for League Two. If we'd gone up (and assuming Finlay Gray moves on as we all expect him to) he was someone I was hoping we'd be after. So fair play for getting him to drop down a division.

The Bull¥ W€€ imo.

Was Finlay Gray not close to joining us last year?

Posted (edited)

The club - " A wealthy Clyde fan has put it in place money to assist the club"

Fans - "Don't believe it unless I see him"

The Club signs players that we would have struggled to get in recent years if not longer. 

Fans - "where are we getting this money from?"

If people can't see the upgrade from last to this season and the correlation to the benefactor getting involved then short of giving us all "a tap" some will just refuse to accept he is real and add the "mystery" to it all.  Just a wealthy guy helping his club.  Just enjoy it.  

Edited by Glorious Purpose