Clyde FC Season 24/25

35 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Not sure I'd be dropping Scullion. But I do get we will need to squad rotate at points to keep everyone fresh and try new things. Especially with a mid week game this week.

I'll be honest - I somehow briefly forgot he existed. I'd have Scullion in for Redfern and have edited my team above.

I thought Redfern was unfortunate to be hooked at half time for connelly who didn’t do anymore than he did, both were equally alright in the game. 

Would be resting the likes of Hamilton, Scullion, Grant especially on Wednesday. Would be giving Rennie, Docherty, Hynes even Lyon some minutes. 

31 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Would be resting the likes of Hamilton, Scullion, Grant especially on Wednesday. Would be giving Rennie, Docherty, Hynes even Lyon some minutes. 

I'd also be temped to play Allan to try and get him on the scoresheet

Absolutely no way I’d have Kinnear, Hamilton, Grant, Scullion or Robson anywhere near this game if I could avoid it.
We have the squad to “rest” them so give others game time. That includes Allan who needs to play his way back and hopefully scoring goals on the back of it. 

On 10/08/2024 at 13:32, FREDDYFRY said:

100% this…also, it’s  not JA that’s leading the negotiations. Again at least get fact right before talking nonsense. 

Jordan Allan should concentrate on scoring  goals for us and not, I repeat, not be negotiating for us.

Quite a few not playing their way into more game time here, we are very fortunate to be ahead through a blatant penalty.

Connell has done well, centre halves are obviously fine. Docherty is a repeat of Tony Wallace in failing to look anything like the player he was at Annan.

49 minutes ago, David W said:

Quite a few not playing their way into more game time here, we are very fortunate to be ahead through a blatant penalty.

Connell has done well, centre halves are obviously fine. Docherty is a repeat of Tony Wallace in failing to look anything like the player he was at Annan.

This is a repeat of every player to have left Annan to pay for Clyde.

9 minutes ago, Replays said:

Very Clyde-esque tonight by the sound of things that. I’m sure Alex Lowry’s learned loads from playing against us mind you.

Leon King coming off the bench for some much needed minutes as well 😂 the “B” teams use these games to give folk games, it’s a farce they’re still in it. 

Tonight's game was always going to be a complete irrelevance but it's clear that an anxiety has crept in for most since that first half against Montrose, and there's not been a lot to dispel it since. A quite embarrassing defeat to a 10-man B team, with several squad players failing to impress and a key player going off with a relatively nasty looking injury, doesn't help matters.

On the flip side, if Houston is alright and we go on to beat Stirling on Saturday then this will be very swiftly forgotten about. We can but hope.

4 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I know we are undefeated in the league, but I can't help feeling my preseason optimism starting to fade away. 

Don't really feel that way at all.

I think the squad is a wee bit too big, but it obviously needs time to settle.

4 points from two games is fine, no goals conceded to League Two opponents, having now played a third of them. Things are fine.

Win on Saturday and things will be looking great.

Only real benefit to take away from this game is we don't need to worry about this competition now.  Downside though is we potentially lose a player for a spell (hopefully not, hopefully Houston's injury isn't as bad as it looked, absolutely disgusting, cowardly challenge btw)

As said above squad will take a bit of time to gel given we've brought in as many players and the real tests will come in the league (and being unbeaten without conceding so far, given how well we were doing last season at chucking goals in for fun can only be a positive).