Clyde FC Season 24/25

11 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

And that's us bottom of the league. 

True, but much too early to panic. Last season we went bottom just as we had expected. This season we have run aground (as opposed to found a ground) against all expectations.  Can't speak for other Clyde fans but I still fancy our chances of at least being in the promotion pack at the business end of the season. Then again, seeing as Clyde have perfected the art of snatching disaster from the jaws of mediocrity I won't be putting my house on it.

A win at Stirling next week and we are only 4 points off the good playoffs, despite only winning a single game in the first quarter of the season. Hopefully we can start to click now that mr motivator is away.

10 minutes ago, PTR said:

Not wanting to call the previous manager's judgement into question but that's Connor Young now scored more league goals than Clyde.

Feel free to question the previous manager's judgement- you won't be the first. Connor Young definitely had something and I'm not the only one who thought he was one worth keeping at the time he was released. 

45 minutes ago, PTR said:

Not wanting to call the previous manager's judgement into question but that's Connor Young now scored more league goals than Clyde.

Instead we have blown a fortune on Jordan Allan and Lee connelly. 😫

On 01/09/2024 at 13:28, Peechy said:

Right now, I’m worried.  Haven’t we learned from last season flittering with relegation.  I think we are better than a few teams but we need to show it. It’s still not nice being down near the bottom as I feel any team who finishes last will find it hard to come back up as the past years have shown us.      
We need to take stock, back the manager or move him on.   

Right now, I can’t even think of solutions but I’m not wanting another season like last, watching us drop n then drop 

I hope you do and that it makes you cry Peechy. 

2 hours ago, 420 said:

Feel free to question the previous manager's judgement- you won't be the first. Connor Young definitely had something and I'm not the only one who thought he was one worth keeping at the time he was released. 

I said when they were released was a mistake to let both Sula and Young go.

Always thought young had something about him

Good to see him doing well.

Young started of well but think he was made an example of with two poor performance v Stranraer away and midweek home game v Forfar when everyone in both games were hopeless 

12 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

I said when they were released was a mistake to let both Sula and Young go.

Always thought young had something about him

Good to see him doing well.

Young started of well but think he was made an example of with two poor performance v Stranraer away and midweek home game v Forfar when everyone in both games were hopeless 

You talked Allan Maitland into selling his house yet to plug the financial gap he created?

Just to go back to Alexandra Park for a minute, had a look at the site and where the main pitch is and did some measurements at the side where a stand would be and compared with Galabank - we could easily fit in a stand almost twice the size of Galabank in the space between the side of the pitch and the main road. Simple terracing on the ends and the side near the pond. If we really need extra parking space then the small pitch to the lefty of the main pitch could be converted, if allowed, but this would be better as a training pitch anyway. For the size of our crowds there is plenty of on-street parking around over Todd Street area. So not as bad as some have made out.

Chas

29 minutes ago, chas said:

Just to go back to Alexandra Park for a minute, had a look at the site and where the main pitch is and did some measurements at the side where a stand would be and compared with Galabank - we could easily fit in a stand almost twice the size of Galabank in the space between the side of the pitch and the main road. Simple terracing on the ends and the side near the pond. If we really need extra parking space then the small pitch to the lefty of the main pitch could be converted, if allowed, but this would be better as a training pitch anyway. For the size of our crowds there is plenty of on-street parking around over Todd Street area. So not as bad as some have made out.

Chas

Did it occur to you the pitch might not be planned for where it is now? Anyway, fitting it into the site is the least of the problems.

44 minutes ago, chas said:

Chas

Cheers! Is that wee pitch beside the main one part of the school though? The NIMBYs were quick off the mark saying "but it's right next to a primary school". Don't really see that as an issue in itself tbh, Kelty would be a good example of why it isn't. Without the space of the wee park though I think it does look like a squeeze.

1 minute ago, Clyde_MM said:

Cheers! Is that wee pitch beside the main one part of the school though? The NIMBYs were quick off the mark saying "but it's right next to a primary school". Don't really see that as an issue in itself tbh, Kelty would be a good example of why it isn't. Without the space of the wee park though I think it does look like a squeeze.

I think the area we’re looking at is across the existing grass football pitch, the smaller pitch at the school, and the blaes pitch.

Might be wishful thinking but I'm hoping we are relatively swift with a managerial appointment (whilst still being diligent). 

Next 3 games will have a huge bearing on how the rest of the season looks for us. So really hope someone new is in the dugout before more than 1 if them passes us by. 

28 minutes ago, HaleyReinhart said:

Might be wishful thinking but I'm hoping we are relatively swift with a managerial appointment (whilst still being diligent). 

If it's Diligent and he knows what he's doing that's good enough for me.