Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

County were pretty strong last night, and should look to drop White.  He did very little and got in Murray’s way a lot of the time.  If Brophy is fit to start he should come in, and if not Sims will be perfect.

Our defence did look a lot stronger but you just know that there is much hilarity and incompetence still there.  So Raith still have a genuine chance, but they must be a lot better than last night.

We have been exceptional at home since Cowie took over with the exception of our Motherwell Kryptonite.  I am confident that County will see it out, but you just never know what County team will turn up.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I’m not sure this issue with Brophy is fitness, per se.  

Probably not, but he’d still be better than White.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea why he prefers Efete to Brown at right back.  Unless there’s been an injury.  I can understand Adams being Adams and just picking him anyway to make some kind of point, but he’s just not as good in any sense as Brown.  

Never rated Efete

Hopefully the late goal galvanises us going into the second leg, in the same way it did for Partick Thistle in the semi.

Huge ask to turn it around. We don't need to score early, but we need to score first.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I have been in touch with Deas The Bakers. They have taken the unfortunate decision to close on Sunday due to inability to meet demand. 

A real shame.

I'm quite sure Harry Gows could step up to the challenge, or maybe  Ashers.😉😋

Edited by embow
Misspelt word

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

So it goes to another date. There is a reason the best leagues in the world use natural grass and not plastic. Can you tell me why the biggest competitors in football only allow grass. 

They don't. An increasing number of top level pitches are hybrid, ie artificially enhanced, not the beloved 100% natural grass the anti-'plastic' lot think they are. What a strange thing to do given grass is the be all and end all surface. Those that do have 100% grass will be able to afford the very high running costs of keeping it in the required pristine condition. These biggest competitors will also more than likely be playing in better climates than Scotland's. Love some of the x does it so we should too arguments of the Luddites. 

Not really anything I can say about the game last night that hasn't already been said.

Frustrating to see us play so poorly for much of the game but credit has to go to County for the way they played.  There were definitely signs towards the end though that we can get at County if we just get the ball down and pass it around.  Easton has to start on Sunday.  At the very least he tends to occupy two defenders which creates room for someone else.  I'd probably also start with Mullin instead of Connolly.  We need to make the most of any chances we get and Mullin is our best option at set pieces in the absence of Turner.

Travelling up to Dingwall in hope rather than expectation but I've been watching football long enough to know that anything can happen.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

I know the Premiership cabal will vote to ban them. They don't have any actual reason other than vibes.

Other than they do what the cheeks tell them, closed shop with the voting system vetoed by one or the other, absolute fucking shambles of a system

Aye Raiths issue is that County are almost definitely going to score, so they'll have to score two.

I don't see why they don't just go balls to the wall. They shouldve done it in the first leg when they had fresher legs, more confidence, and home advantage.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye Raiths issue is that County are almost definitely going to score, so they'll have to score two.

I don't see why they don't just go balls to the wall. They shouldve done it in the first leg when they had fresher legs, more confidence, and home advantage.

I’m going to praise County for once and say they didn’t let Raith go baws oot.  It was a strangely professional performance, compulsory late goal notwithstanding.  

Hopefully a bit better service for Murray on Sunday will do the needful and seal the deal. *

Not going to lie, I will be twitchy until the end and won’t underestimate Raith, masters of the late rally this season. 

* other cliches are available 

To be fair, it was still a really decent County support, Railway stand was full and looked like they had 50 or so in the west section of the North stand too?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Not going to lie, I will be twitchy until the end and won’t underestimate Raith, masters of the late rally this season. 

* other cliches are available 

This came from the Dundee Utd twitter acc earlier, piss off I can't be arsed finding it, however it goes -

From trailing in the 85th minute to winning, Raith Rovers have done this 3 times this season, Dundee Utd have only done this 3 times since 1979 !!!

Edited by keyser_soze