General Election 2024

Just now, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Can see the brexit voters going from tory to reform tonight based on that Sunderland result.

That's what Reform is as far as I was aware: folk who don't think the Tories are racist enough for them. 

22 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I could see him standing down. I always got the impression from him that he was a temporary custodian of leading the party and he saw it that way as well. If Flynn and Black lose their seats, I could see him stepping aside for them.

Black was leaving Westminster anyway

12 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

I live in the constituency. Ot is fertile Tory country.

So do I but fucking hell, don’t think I ever remember it being Tory. Anyway, I voted for Flynn. Cutting about in Germany in your kilt, sipping steins of German lager while on tour with the tartan army is what I want from my MP.

1 minute ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Same people who voted for brexit, so many people are left behind in Britain and its coming out election after election.

No surprise the Brexiteers are voting for the most racist party option available.

Reform projected to win Barnsley North, where their candidate is suspended for saying black people should “get off their lazy arses” and “stop acting like savages”.

Just now, Jambomo said:

No surprise the Brexiteers are voting for the most racist party option available.

Even though Brexit has been a disaster,  they don't care

Just now, STFU_Donny said:

So do I but fucking hell, don’t think I ever remember it being Tory. Anyway, I voted for Flynn. Cutting about in Germany in your kilt, sipping steins of German lager while on tour with the tartan army is what I want from my MP.

I voted for Flynn too.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Reform projected to win Barnsley North, where their candidate is suspended for saying black people should “get off their lazy arses” and “stop acting like savages”.

If anything, it’ll be a good indicator of which shithole towns to avoid.

Just now, Jambomo said:

It's deeper than that though. Living down here you see it same as up north, but unlike in scotland these people go for right parties rather than left. The center and center left have totally abandoned the working class.

Mogg saying the Tory vote collapsed because they got rid of Boris...

It's a damning fucking indictment on the UK that he's probably correct in that embarrassing assertion.

I think folk shouldn’t overreact at the Reform vote share. It’s more or less being seen as the party of the ‘f**k the big two’ vote which will be the prevailing opinion of a lot of folk who just don’t look into the policies of who they’re voting for.

Most people voting for them will not be far-right, they’ll just see funny relatable man* that likes pints and union flags.

* The opinion of this poster may wildly vary from this.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Wherever reform win will go on a list of places never to visit