Major election gaffes 2024

Just now, JS_FFC said:

This isn’t a gaff 

Disagree. They, or indeed any political party, have zero chance to force such nonsense through.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Disagree. They, or indeed any political party, have zero chance to force such nonsense through.

Yeah, but promising something you know you can’t deliver isn’t a gaff.

I was curious about the Lib Dems' current policies and took a look at their website recently. It was all airy-fairy "we'll make things better and everything will be nice" stuff with nothing concrete they could be held to (not that it matters).

Must admit, it didn't occur to me that the first promise I'd see from them would be something as useless as "ten EPL games per season on cooncil telly". I can't see many people being swayed by a free stream of Brentford v Ipswich.

On 01/06/2024 at 00:08, Lurkst said:

54cb29cb-81a2-4536-b7b7-8c65cc0848e3.jpg

It is just me?  But a Scottish leader of the Scottish Conservities using his non-political job,  giving the red card to 3 people who cannot be voted as MPs for a Westminster parliament, is a bit missing the mark.  Two (some will say all three) of them are not even relevant in a Scottish context any more.

If it was a cut-out of Stephen Flynn I could understand.

12 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

This isn’t a gaff 

But getting the name of the Scottish top flight is (a minor) one.

The Liberal Democrats manifesto would put Premier League games back on free-to-air channels, as well as 10 games from the Scottish Championship and 20 games from the English Football League, such as the Championship.

https://www.libdemvoice.org/31-may-2024-todays-press-releases-75334.html

4 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

It is just me?  But a Scottish leader of the Scottish Conservities using his non-political job,  giving the red card to 3 people who cannot be voted as MPs for a Westminster parliament, is a bit missing the mark.  Two (some will say all three) of them are not even relevant in a Scottish context any more.

Since when could Assistant Referees give out red cards anyway, basic stuff man.

4 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Its not just Ross tbf to the fat Tory dick. 

The Labour and Lib Dem "campaigns" up here focus largely on devolved issues and non GE candidate personalities - all of this "Scottish NHS, Scottish Tax" pish that is literally nothing to do with the GE.

They assume (probably correctly) that a lot of the electorate are too stupid to be able to see the difference.

The Labour Scottish-based green energy thing is probably a gimmick, agreed, and we will need a back-up of fossil fuels a long way into the transition to green power (contrary to Just Stop Oil's vapourings) but Swinney's response to 'Peter Butterworth' Starmer 'Worrabout Scoddish jobs in gas and oil?' seems a bit dinosaury to me. 

Whoever is setting up Sunak's day must fucking hate him.

Meanwhile the LibDems are carrying on with their one excursion per day campaign. 

18 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Whoever is setting up Sunak's day must fucking hate him.

Meanwhile the LibDems are carrying on with their one excursion per day campaign. 

If the LibDems pick up a number of seats based on this election’s campaign style I can only imagine what it will be like in 2029.  Marquees and clown feet all round.

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If the LibDems pick up a number of seats based on this election’s campaign style I can only imagine what it will be like in 2029.  Marquees and clown feet all round.

The Lib Dem seat count rarely makes much sense. Remember the brief period of time - and it's very difficult now - when Nick Clegg looked like the best candidate for Prime Minister, and they generally came off well compared to the alternatives? They lost seats in the end.

Now that they're known for selling the country out for personal influence and cushy jobs, and having essentially gone on summer holibobs during this campaign, they're expected to gain quite a few seats. Go figure.

On 02/06/2024 at 03:46, Sugar_Army said:

I wonder whether the SFA might think he's bringing the game into disrepute.

'Should not be presented as having been produced by the civil service' 

Looks like the old lawer tactic of letting Sunak repeat it, knowing it's lies then, wallop.

Now all we will hear is 'you are proven liars. You've lied about Labour's tax plans, your lying about this'.

4 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

WokeWatch thread for this pish.

The better not gender specific term is linescunt.

Far more appropriate too.