Major election gaffes 2024

15 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

So natural and charismatic.

It is fairly impressive how they can memorise these soundbites and regurgitate them at will, virtually word for word, considering how often they do it. It's a primary skill for a career in politics. The fact that they have to do that to avoid revealing their genuine thoughts and feelings is a massive warning sign to everyone, however.

Rishi must have really pissed off quite a few folk in the Conservative Party, as they're absolutely hanging him out to dry by letting him make his own decisions in a campaign that they were going to lose regardless. He's been ruthlessly exposed as having terrible judgement.

9 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Just say:  I'd already done my token bit for the British-specific parts, so didn't need to bother with the rest of the event...  and anyway, it's nothing to do with the election as we decided weeks ago that we couldn't be arsed with it.

... and repeat it about five times over.  That should sort it.

image.png.b07ba08e64ab420d6ba38500f8cb7480.png

31 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

That is so bad its funny.

What I don't understand is his logic in saying the itinerary was planned before the election. Since he left to do an interview about the election, what was he planning to do with his afternoon if there was no election?

4 minutes ago, Beans on Toast said:

That is so bad its funny.

What I don't understand is his logic in saying the itinerary was planned before the election. Since he left to do an interview about the election, what was he planning to do with his afternoon if there was no election?

Also ignores the fact that he knew a big war anniversary was coming up, supposedly didn't want to risk it being politicised, worked out the itinerary with the organisers, then personally decided to throw an unforced election it would be right in the middle of.

At this point, surely you're as well to admit you've made a c**t of it and you don't know what you're doing. It seems more believable and might at least get you a bit of sympathy, considering how many of us will have ended up in jobs we were ludicrously unprepared for.

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

There's David Cameron running the country again. 

20240607_091924.jpg

I mean even the Germans stuck around at the end

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

The mendacious little shit tries to brush it off as only missing the International leaders event, yet the British were the largest participant group on D-Day.

I get it if you think it's all flag shagging, but when you're the PM of the UK, it'd be nice if you could spare a few hours to say thank you to the folk who were conscripted and sent off to face the guns, rather than f**k off to defend a lie you were caught out in a couple of days ago.

53 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Also ignores the fact that he knew a big war anniversary was coming up, supposedly didn't want to risk it being politicised, worked out the itinerary with the organisers, then personally decided to throw an unforced election it would be right in the middle of.

At this point, surely you're as well to admit you've made a c**t of it and you don't know what you're doing. It seems more believable and might at least get you a bit of sympathy, considering how many of us will have ended up in jobs we were ludicrously unprepared for.

Didn't want it to be politicised. So he left early to record an interview attacking another political party.

I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm starting to think he, despite being of smaller stature, might be a massive fucking c**t.

Posted (edited)

I remember A Hard Days Night by The Beatles where they're having an argument with an older gent who says "I fought in the war for the likes of you" and Ringo replies with "and I bet you wish you'd lost".

When did worship of WW2 veterans become compulsory? 

Oh well only another 5 months till poppy season.

Edited by btb

Well, Prime Minister, you've had plenty time to come up with something half sensible, why did you leave the event ea...

tumblr_n0m23pW2rG1s498dco2_400.gif.880e1d00318857633933e76c899fbcf2.gif

Prime Minister, Prime Minister, oh f**k off you little weasel.

2 minutes ago, btb said:

I remember A Hard Days Night by The Beatles where they're having an argument with an older gent who says "I fought in the war for the likes of you" and Ringo replies with "and I bet you wish you'd lost".

It’s not and never should be.  It’s faux patriotism, and we all know what Sammy Johnson said about patriotism.

56 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Could this be the biggest election gaff ever by a serving PM?

I can't remember anything like it. Gordon Brown's 'bigoted woman' comment was pretty bad, although lots of people agreed with the comment. Sunak has finally united the country. 

The guy is just very bad at politics. Over promoted in a ridiculously short space of time and every time he opens his mouth we can see that. A no mark MP, who was propelled to the front line due to Johnson wanting nodding dogs in his cabinet, somehow winds up as PM. Useless.

7 minutes ago, btb said:

Oh well only another 5 months till poppy season.

These clowns, including Sunak, have been happy enough to portray themselves as super patriotic, and ride that particular tiger, so I have no sympathy when he gets bitten.

9 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I can't remember anything like it. Gordon Brown's 'bigoted woman' comment was pretty bad, although lots of people agreed with the comment. Sunak has finally united the country. 

The guy is just very bad at politics. Over promoted in a ridiculously short space of time and every time he opens his mouth we can see that. A no mark MP, who was propelled to the front line due to Johnson wanting nodding dogs in his cabinet, somehow winds up as PM. Useless.

Sunak was given one of the safest Tory seats not long after our then PM (David Cameron) met his billionaire father in law so he never really had to do politics to become an MP and was still a relatively Junior Minister at the last GE, this is his first real go at an election - and it shows!

27 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Brown thought he was alone in his car with a colleague, after forgetting to return his clip mic. I can understand the TV producer being eager for a scoop but I'm not sure if it was entirely ethical to release the recording. What if he was having a dump at home muttering "Tony fucking Blair, what a c**t.." to himself? His face when the interviewer played the recording was solid gold though, his career evaporating live on TV.

2 hours ago, btb said:

Sunak was given one of the safest Tory seats not long after our then PM (David Cameron) met his billionaire father in law so he never really had to do politics to become an MP and was still a relatively Junior Minister at the last GE, this is his first real go at an election - and it shows!

Yes he’s an entitled rich c**t who has never had to work for anything.

3 hours ago, btb said:

Richard Vernon (who was only 38 when this was filmed!)

0a1f8f0c689b144622ae537e7c46faa2.jpg