Major election gaffes 2024

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Still not a good look imo. He could have said technically there was a flight but he’d make the donation as a gesture of goodwill. 

He's worth millions, his missus more so. It just makes him look cheap and tight

4 minutes ago, Peil said:

He's worth millions, his missus more so. It just makes him look cheap and tight

A lot of very rich people are cheap and tight. 

They didn't get rich by spending their own money you know

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

"I'm sorry, Wales has its own football team? How long for?"

Of course, you can be Welsh and Hindu and British, Northern Irish and Jewish and British; you can wear a kilt and a turban; you can wear a hijab covered in poppies. You can support Man Utd, the Windies and Team GB at the same time. Of course, I'd rather you supported West Ham.

Edit:

She'd be a dangerously woke radical in 2024.

Easy mistake to make. He's probably confusing football with cricket, where the England and Wales Cricket Board is called the ECB, the team is called "England" and the badge is that thing they call the three lions.

Wales is publicly sidelined in that set-up, so as I said, easy mistake to make.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Agreed. Given how much they would've spent sending that guy there to make a point, they could easily have made the donation. 

I refuse to believe that he hasn't made the donation. It just makes absolutely no sense to not do it.

Unless he paid that individual to go to Rwanda to avoid the optics of paying out on the bet.

Edited by sparky88

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Rwanda f**k up means that Tory attempts to accuse Labour of profligacy has been nullified for at least three years.

Calling someone a profligacist is a waste of time..

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Rwanda f**k up means that Tory attempts to accuse Labour of profligacy has been nullified for at least three years.

mePvR5.gif

The Tories have spent the last fourteen years ripping off the taxpayer and shovelling cash into the pockets of their wealthy friends, to the point that we're at record levels of taxation and will need to cut public services even further.

Despite this, Labour will always, always, always still be the party of profligacy to voters in England. The next Conservative leader will start in on Labour overspending from Day 1, despite the fact that Labour won't increase current levels of spending, and they'll be listened to.

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

mePvR5.gif

The Tories have spent the last fourteen years ripping off the taxpayer and shovelling cash into the pockets of their wealthy friends, to the point that we're at record levels of taxation and will need to cut public services even further.

Despite this, Labour will always, always, always still be the party of profligacy to voters in England. The next Conservative leader will start in on Labour overspending from Day 1, despite the fact that Labour won't increase current levels of spending, and they'll be listened to.

Yeah, maybe I’m an optimist.

Mind you it’s a win-win for me because I’m happy for anyone to attack Starmer for anything.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Mind you it’s a win-win for me because I’m happy for anyone to attack Starmer for anything.

Starmer will be reduced to tears and snotters as soon as a Maily Dail "journalist" asks "so, Sir Keir, can a woman have a boaby?"

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hopefully they leave his weight alone. Some of us are sensitive about such things.

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Starmer will be reduced to tears and snotters as soon as a Maily Dail "journalist" asks "so, Sir Keir, can a woman have a boaby?"

He should answer the Mail, Express, and Telegraph like a Seventies comic.

Replies like "she could certainly have MY boaby, knowharrimean, eh?" would leave them on the side of reporting it straight and making him appealing to their readers, or coming over all woke for castigating him for insensitivity towards minorities.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Hopefully they leave his weight alone. Some of us are sensitive about such things.

He should answer the Mail, Express, and Telegraph like a Seventies comic.

Replies like "she could certainly have MY boaby, knowharrimean, eh?" would leave them on the side of reporting it straight and making him appealing to their readers, or coming over all woke for castigating him for insensitivity towards minorities.

Never really noticed that. Is he "a bit round"? Will he be accosted with the old favourite "who ate all the pies?" every time he appears in public?

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Never really noticed that. Is he "a bit round"? Will he be accosted with the old favourite "who ate all the pies?" every time he appears in public?

No matter how his tailor cuts his suits, we can always spot one of our own.