Major election gaffes 2024

One from Labour now (in the Heil).

85430161-13468349-image-a-32_17169111978

"Lifelong Tory" voter voting Labour for the first time. 

'I've been a centrist Conservative all my life but I think the party has really changed. And I think the last 14 years has done a real damage to the country.

'So I've been looking at Labour and I think they've got some very exciting policies on the economy, the NHS, mental health issues, green energy - lots of things I care about, even potholes.

'Having met Simon Opher, who's the local GP and worked here for 30 years, he really understands this community and I think he'd make a great MP for Stroud.

'So for the first time in a really long time I'm optimistic and excited to vote in a general election.'

but...what's this?

85431191-13468349-image-a-33_17169127407

She's a Labour councilor 

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

One from Labour now (in the Heil).

85430161-13468349-image-a-32_17169111978

"Lifelong Tory" voter voting Labour for the first time. 

but...what's this?

85431191-13468349-image-a-33_17169127407

She's a Labour councilor 

That's the kind of thing that makes politics look utterly ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

That's the kind of thing that makes politics look utterly ridiculous.

Cut her some slack.

Anyone who has gone through life with the name Milly Hill is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

13 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Wait... Milly seems to know a hell of a lot more about official Labour policy details than even Keir Starmer does, so is that the Manifesto out now then?

Who cares?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Cut her some slack.

Anyone who has gone through life with the name Milly Hill is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

Her parents Bill and Jill don't take kindly to this.

Ed Davey going full "Look at me, I'm willing to do anything to prove I'm reality TV fodder". He clearly can't paddle board so this is a set-up of the worst kind. Mind you, a joke MP from a joke Party so shouldn't be surprised.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

Ed Davey going full "Look at me, I'm willing to do anything to prove I'm reality TV fodder". He clearly can't paddle board so this is a set-up of the worst kind. Mind you, a joke MP from a joke Party so shouldn't be surprised.

I see Marina Hyde shares your low opinion of the Liberal Democrats' "political strategy".

For the other parties, being in an election with Lib Dems is a bit like being in Hamlet with a drunk Teletubby playing one of the minor roles. They appear to have absolutely zero interest in the text, even less in serious performance, and their every antic is dedicated to chewing as much of the scenery as possible. Sometimes literally. At every stage, they would like the audience to be asking: “OMG where are they now? How ker-razy are they being now?”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/29/lib-dems-ed-davey-campaign-stunts

Edited by Thane of Cawdor
Liberal Democrat=style ineptitude.

On 28/05/2024 at 13:57, ICTChris said:

:lol: 

I like stuff like this, I think it's quite endearing.

got to admire his ability to keep eye contact with the camera at all times.