Daft Wee Things You Do

This morning I found myself walking past a defibrillator and yet again sang 'defibrillator" to the tune of Sade's 'Smooth Operator'.  Happens every time.

I also found the Limmy sketch about throwing the teabags into the mug thinking "if this goes in then..." intriguing because I'd always done the exact thing in secret, having never known about anyone else doing it.

What daft little things do you do?

25 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This morning I found myself walking past a defibrillator and yet again sang 'defibrillator" to the tune of Sade's 'Smooth Operator'.  Happens every time.

"Mouth to mouth,

Resuscitation,

Saved a life...."

Posted (edited)

Don’t have them too often, but when I have a McDonalds burger and fries, I eat all the fries first, before unwrapping and eating the burger. Never have them together. I’m the most unfussy eater, a McDonalds is the only meal I do anything different with at all. Everything else, I just eat it. No idea why a McDonalds is any different.

Edited by pozbaird

35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I also like to alter song lyrics to my own juvenile versions.

Changing baby to boaby is a favourite, e.g.  Soft Cell 'Touch ma boaby Tainted Love', or Britney Spears, 'Touch ma boaby one more time'. Mainly get enjoyment because it irks the wife every time tbh.

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Changing baby to boaby is a favourite, e.g.  Soft Cell 'Touch ma boaby Tainted Love', or Britney Spears, 'Touch ma boaby one more time'. Mainly get enjoyment because it irks the wife every time tbh.

I replace dance with w**k when I'm singing along to songs on the radio.

"Oh, what a feeling... when you're wanking on the ceiling"

When getting things out the car boot I sometimes press the button to close it then try to get what I need before it fully closes like I'm Indiana Jones retrieving my hat and whip from a fiendish medieval trap.

When refilling the bird feeder I always whistle to see if the birds will fly down & land on me like some Disney film.

(Never happens)

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

You can get your hole again.

Was the original title for the big hit by Atomic Kitten.

FACT!

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Say thank you to Alexa when she plays the song I’ve requested 

I say "Echo, shut the f*** up" simply cause it entertains me that it actually works.

When opening a new jar of coffee I like to peck holes in the foil with a pen. I like to see how many holes I can peck before the foil gives way and detaches itself from the jar. 

^^^ Woody Woodpecker found 

Dunno whether to be relieved or worried that several of mine have already been mentioned.

I go further than just changing song lyrics, and I've successfully ruined several good tunes for myself by creating dreadful versions with a different rhythm in my head, like giving something a calypso beat like every terrible variety performer in the Eighties. It's never, ever an improvement.

Just now, BFTD said:

Dunno whether to be relieved or worried that several of mine have already been mentioned.

I go further than just changing song lyrics, and I've successfully ruined several good tunes for myself by creating dreadful versions with a different rhythm in my head, like giving something a calypso beat like every terrible variety performer in the Eighties. It's never, ever an improvement.

Have you ever had a word with Simon Cowell? There's a hit out there for you I think.. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

Have you ever had a word with Simon Cowell? There's a hit out there for you I think.. 

Noted paedophile Jonathan King released an execrable album that had a series of (terrible) songs with the same drumbeat, each one from a different genre. I think hearing clips from it on breakfast TV warped my brain at a young age, as it's been trying to apply his shitening techniques ever since.